• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Czech Rep vs Portugal
Germany vs Greece
Spain vs England
France vs Italy

Portugal vs Spain
Germany vs France

Spain vs Germany

jw5

Loyal
England better be careful... Ukraine home fans will throw flares and smoke bombs onto the pitch when results don't go their way.

Who knows, they may even throw bananas at Welback or Young to provoke a response.

These Eastern European, eastern bloc ex-Soviet commie countries are filled with sore losers and racists.

ESPN actually filmed a documentary secretly regarding Ukranian fans who had formed a society planning to target black players and fans
at the Euro tournmanent, complete with nazi chants.

That was what led players like Walcott to decide not to bring their family to the tournmanent and for Sol Campbell to advise fans not to go,
if they didn't want to return in a coffin.

Bloody morons those Ukranian "fans", an utter disgrace to football and the human race.

jw5

Loyal
I think Germany will beat Denmark and Portugal can qualify, i.e. at least get a draw against the Dutch.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Germany will beat Denmark and Portugal can qualify, i.e. at least get a draw against the Dutch.
imho, focus and compact defense is the key.
Germany is going to advance anyway, we might see bench warmers on the starting to let them have match fitness.
it will be cautious game.

Dutch has too many individuals, if the coach insist of Robben, De Jong, Afellay, they are in for deep trouble.
As long there is no defense lapse, Portugal will get through maybe on a draw. Or drag the game long to make the Dutch fustrated and give them the sucker punch.

jw5

Loyal
imho, focus and compact defense is the key.
Germany is going to advance anyway, we might see bench warmers on the starting to let them have match fitness.
it will be cautious game.

Germany won't use too many of the squad because they still need at least a draw to assure qualification.
Interestingly, they will finish first whether they win or draw.
The squad players aren't too bad either, players like Gotze, Schurrle and Reus have yet to see any game time,
and Kroos and Klose would be starters in most teams.

Dutch really have bad chemistry and players off form, mainly Robben.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Holland does not have a good record against Portugal. They met ten times and Portugal won six, drew three and Holland won only once.

Am going for Portugal tonight.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holland does not have a good record against Portugal. They met ten times and Portugal won six, drew three and Holland won only once.

Am going for Portugal tonight.

Have to agree. Very poor performances by the Dutch in this tournament. They can play much better than this.
Germany to top the group and Portugal finnish as runners-up.

Sadly , on an individual player level, the Dutch have more quality than the Portuguese but the Portuguese play better as a team (even with that tosser Ronaldo).

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have to agree. Very poor performances by the Dutch in this tournament. They can play much better than this.
Germany to top the group and Portugal finnish as runners-up.

Sadly , on an individual player level, the Dutch have more quality than the Portuguese but the Portuguese play better as a team (even with that tosser Ronaldo).

Everybody is going for Germany. Now take Denmark get 1 ball and win 92.

I'm staying away from Germany game cos I dont want to get played out like the Russian match last nite.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember the rule of thumb: it's almost impossible at the highest level of football to score against a team that parks the bus. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here are the lineups:

Portugal (4-1-4-1): Rui Patricio; Pereira, Pepe, Alves, Coentrao; Veloso; Meireles, Moutinho Nani, Ronaldo; Postiga

Holland (4-2-3-1): Stekelenburg; Van der Wiel, Vlaar, Mathijsen, Willems; De Jong, Van der Vaart; Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder; Huntelaar

Denmark (4-1-4-1): Andersen, Jacobsen, Kjær, Agger, S.Poulsen, Kvist, Zimling, J.Poulsen, Eriksen, Krohn-Dehli, Bendtner

Germany (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Bender, Badstuber, Hummels, Lahm; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Muller, Ozil, Podolski; Gomez.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember the rule of thumb: it's almost impossible at the highest level of football to score against a team that parks the bus. :biggrin:

Parking the bus is useless if:

1) Your defenders are shit (e.g. Heitinga) who ball watch or are always out of position.

2) You don't know how to counterattack quickly and efficiently.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1) Your defenders are shit (e.g. Heitinga) who ball watch or are always out of position.

tonight no Heitinga, Afellay, Bommel starting. tonight is very offensive by the Dutch.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Portugal and Germany win. :biggrin:

179136_10150891576618262_815464406_n.jpg

dfb_schuerrle_jubel_920_th.jpg

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Positioning and anticipation are not that significant when opposing attackers barely have enough space to maneuver. As long as you've professional defenders of a certain standard, the bus would be impenetrable.

821215-14034415-640-360.jpg

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've faith in the Portuguese bus tonight. The midfield trio of Veloso, Moutinho and Meireles will sit very deep. Holland have no players who are good enough to break down packed defences. Except Van Persie, perhaps. Watch out for Ronaldo on the counterattack and set-pieces. :biggrin: