• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Immortal Charles Chong: I'm very comfortable to stay in a GRC...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Resident suggests single-seat ward
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->A PUNGGOL resident yesterday suggested that Mr Charles Chong, an MP for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, be fielded in a single-seat ward at the next general election.

Mr Sunny Wong raised the idea at a dialogue with Law Minister and Second Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam and some of the GRC's MPs.
He suggested that a single seat be carved out from the GRC, so that Mr Chong, a veteran MP, could 'fight solo'. Before Mr Shanmugam could reply, Mr Chong interjected with a quip: 'Frankly, I think you give me more credit than I deserve, but I'm very comfortable in a GRC.'

Mr Wong's remarks come in the wake of the announcement by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in May that there will be three more single seats at the next polls, raising the number from nine to 12.
The average size of the group representation constituencies will also be reduced from the current 5.4 to five wards. Pasir Ris-Punggol is a six-ward GRC.

Mr Wong also asked Mr Shanmugam if Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC would be downsized.

In reply, the minister said it was up to the Electoral Boundaries Review Committee - which comprises civil servants - to decide on such changes.

'They will look at changing demographics. Where those single seats will be, it will be up to them,' he said.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why does the PAP decide how many seat should be available. WHo the hell are they? IS that what sinkie think is fair.

oh i forgot, sinkie cannot think.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Mr Chong interjected with a quip: 'Frankly, I think you give me more credit than I deserve, but I'm very comfortable in a GRC.']

Who wouldn't, it's really cosy and relax riding on the gravy train..

..LOL...

dupersuper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Chong interjected with a quip: 'Frankly, I think you give me more credit than I deserve, but I'm very comfortable in a GRC

hahaha, proves he's just another ball-less fuxxker hanger on.
tell lower mortals to adapt to changes but incapable of adapting to change himself.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is the standard of PAP veteran MP

hahahhahaha

no fucking balls to fight in a single ward hahahaha

wanna take easy money from old man!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TYPICAL reaction when encounted with challenge. He is not higher mortal afteall, just a fox hiding behind a tiger's tail to boast his own courage.:oIo:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR=_______]Nahbeh, got guts to scold Singaporeans as "lesser mortals" but no guts to fight in a SMC in an election.... WHY?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=_______] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=_______]Scared that lesser mortals will "goreng" him? HAHAHAHAH![/COLOR]

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Mr Chong interjected with a quip: 'Frankly, I think you give me more credit than I deserve, but I'm very comfortable in a GRC]

this is the hallmark of a true politician...LOL..

a Taiji expert..LOL..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[Mr Chong interjected with a quip: 'Frankly, I think you give me more credit than I deserve, but I'm very comfortable in a GRC]

this is the hallmark of a true politician...LOL..

a Taiji expert..LOL..

Did he say his penance concienciously after every confession?, or now that he is no longer a 'lesser mortal'..no time to make it to the confessional box...and 'father's ' ears are censored!:rolleyes:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2a7cvfc.gif

"Heng ah... NS taught me to how to KENG" * hehe *