• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The hospital I worked at has an insane turnover rate, and insane OT numbers

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hospital I worked at has an insane turnover rate, and insane OT numbers. It operates on the lowest possible manpower to reduce costs, and an increase in manpower is pretty much impossible. We are all burned out.

Things got worse with COVID. Most of the frontliners are unable to take leave due to heavy workload, not enough manpower or simply because the manager refuses to approve (reason for leave not satisfactory enough).

Working OT is a norm, working on weekends is expected. No timeoff, no OT pay. Many staff that take leave still come back because they cannot finish their work.

I know the real reason people are leaving, but even if I were to highlight or bring it up to my manager, it gets swept under the carpet. Nothing is done because “this is Healthcare, if manpower is needed you come back from your leave”.

More at https://shrtcô.de/UJYya1 (scroll down to read)

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
265204462_584388229327496_7312029337324547734_n.jpg

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesn't bother me if nurses are overworked and at the point of exhaustion and suicide.
If they're dumb and stupid enough to not know how and when to resign, then they deserve their fate.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slaves drivers noe these health workers are at their mercy. Likely, health works hve heavy family commitments.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem in Singapore is that employees got nowhere to turn to when they are having problems at work caused by poor/unreasonable management-.
What are unions for- to run supermarkets, dentist , insurance . etc2 .?

The first thing that a new govt that comes to power should do is to remove the political links of these 2 organisations- PA and NTUC.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it comes to OT, u have to pay your employees accordingly! No such thing as working for free...
That's why I say SG is always only looking good on the outside but things are rotting inside, no one cares...

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When it comes to OT, u have to pay your employees accordingly! No such thing as working for free...
That's why I say SG is always only looking good on the outside but things are rotting inside, no one cares...
What if some employer play with words in the contract that says, "required to work longer hours when necessary", so does this considered OT?

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem in Singapore is that employees got nowhere to turn to when they are having problems at work caused by poor/unreasonable management-.
What are unions for- to run supermarkets, dentist , insurance . etc2 .?

The first thing that a new govt that comes to power should do is to remove the political links of these 2 organisations- PA and NTUC.
NTUC should be an independent party, it cannot be representing gahmen, bosses n employees! It's a mockery of the system.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hospital I worked at has an insane turnover rate, and insane OT numbers. It operates on the lowest possible manpower to reduce costs, and an increase in manpower is pretty much impossible. We are all burned out.

Things got worse with COVID. Most of the frontliners are unable to take leave due to heavy workload, not enough manpower or simply because the manager refuses to approve (reason for leave not satisfactory enough).

Working OT is a norm, working on weekends is expected. No timeoff, no OT pay. Many staff that take leave still come back because they cannot finish their work.

I know the real reason people are leaving, but even if I were to highlight or bring it up to my manager, it gets swept under the carpet. Nothing is done because “this is Healthcare, if manpower is needed you come back from your leave”.

More at https://shrtcô.de/UJYya1 (scroll down to read)
What is OT rate for healtcare workers here? x2? x3?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What happen to the unions? Handsome bro Chee Meng, help! :confused:

Sinkieland got unions meh? Imagine a committee of foxes who claim to look after the welfare of chickens on a farm. :cool:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
61% are happy with this.. so it's okay, move on. It's only not okay if it is the opposition.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a problem in most third world countries invluding sinkie.
But in Australia, hospital staffs are well compensated and cannot work more than a certain number of hours per week.