• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Concept Of Perpetuity

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup yup. so u ever think of how u want it to be? *touch wood*

for me i wouldn't want a painful one. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Doesn't matter how it's going to be. When it comes, it comes. When you die, it's all over. :cool:

Don't want painful death, don't be too evil. Karma comes around. :smile:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
relativity is about present.
perpetuality is about future. :biggrin:

perpetuality exists only if it is relative to time.. and time itself is relative to one's own yardstick.. what is actually a day ???.. who sets a day as 24 hours ???... all these are relative....

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm not exactly afraid of death, and when i die, i hope folks would not be sad over my death, but be happy because there's one less mouth to feed
Reminds me of 1 pal's cheeky question when passing a wake: "Did you owe money to (late) he/she?":p:wink:

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It seems that the world is driven by the concept of perpetuity or by the idea that things will go on forever.

Although most humans realize that they cannot live forever and will die someday, they anticipate to continue living in the forseeable future. And this drives and motivates them to do the things they do, e.g. saving for a rainy day, working hard for more money, sucking up to people if necessary, having children, looking forward to future grandchildren, having fears, hopes, aspirations, etc. If tragedy strikes and they are informed that they have a certain time left to live, it comes as a huge blow and shock.

It's the same for companies. They exist on the basis that they will continue forever. Investors invest and creditors lend on the same basis. When this assumption becomes untrue, a lot of action is suddenly seen with regards to the company.

What if you and the world around you were not driven by the concept of perpetuity? Would your daily decision making and your daily actions and behaviour change significantly? Other than a major illness, what events may cause you (or someone) to change the concept of perpetuity, to one of finite time?

If the concept is of selfless nature, perpetuity is not a question anymore.

The whole article that you write is based on the benefit of oneself rather than for others. If it is the latter, then the life quality you produce is high even though you have a short life.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only an immortal can live forever.
A greater mortal can either live longer than a lesser mortal or perhaps do greater things in life.

You know all this talk is futile. In physics, Perpetual Motion is a myth. So how can we humans have perpetual life? Mother Nature has her plans for us.

The very act of breathing in oxygen for the body's respiration denotes that we would have free radicals in our bodies, causing us cellular damage. Unless human beings find a way to achieve respiration without free radical damage, we are doomed to die sooner or later.

:cool::cool::cool:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
perpetuality exists only if it is relative to time.. and time itself is relative to one's own yardstick.. what is actually a day ???.. who sets a day as 24 hours ???... all these are relative....

surely the universe contains more than just time?

what about the 5th, 6th and nth dimensions?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm not exactly afraid of death, and when i die, i hope folks would not be sad over my death, but be happy because there's one less mouth to feed :p

u neber thought of asking yourself why are you created on earth?

not how are you created?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
u neber thought of asking yourself why are you created on earth?

not how are you created?

simple, my parents fucked and that's how and why i'm created. what are you talking about? you mean you're a test-tube baby? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: the first test-tube baby in Singapore should be about 30 years old now. are you the one?