• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek: Spore Govt's Money Does Not Belong To Citizens

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203440104574398180912762814.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Letter To The Wall Street Journal, 8 Sep 2009

Correcting Temasek Misperceptions

We wish to correct some fundamental misperceptions in your Aug. 31 editorial "Temasek's Revised Charter."

First, Temasek is an investment company set up as an asset owner to seek returns by taking investment risks. While our sole shareholder is the Singapore government, we are not a "fund," and do not manage Singapore "citizens' earnings." It is factually wrong to imply that Singaporeans have no choice but to "keep their money with the fund."

Secondly, the editorial confused the role of the president of Singapore. Under the Singapore Constitution, the president has a critical role to safeguard the past reserves which have been accumulated prior to the current government's term of office in designated organizations such as Temasek. This reflects Singapore's philosophy of fiscal discipline in not spending beyond our means for each generation.

For Temasek, any excessive expenditure exceeding our current reserves would constitute a draw on our past reserves. This is why our chairman and CEO report the position of our reserves to the president every half year, and are required to seek his concurrence for any draw on our past reserves.

The president's concurrence is also required for the appointment or removal of Temasek's CEO and board members, so that no government can remove these key officers at will. These constitutional powers of the president do not involve him in our operational or business decisions.

As a progressive and professionally disciplined institution, Temasek provides full disclosures on its special relationship with the president annually in its Temasek Review.

Myrna Thomas
Managing Director, Corporate Affairs
Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited
Singapore

-----------------

Latest updates @ Singaporenewsalternative.blogspot.com:

1. Correcting Temasek Misperceptions
2. Singapore Minister Mentor Lee Advises US to Win Over China's Next Generation
3. Singapore ranks third-most competitive economy in the world
4. Singapore ranked easiest country in which to do business
5. 28 Jet Airways flights connecting city disrupted as pilots report sick
6. Singapore gamers forge ludicrous suicide pact
7. Telling Tiger Airways what you want
8. Novatel Deploys MiFi In Singapore

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Temasek: Spore Govt's Money Does Not Belong To The Citizens

this is the result of giving them mandate for more than 44 years.

everything belongs to them...not the public...

govt is only answerable to Hakka Lee's Hybrid Regime..

not accountable to the people....

karma is on 66.6%...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is the honest opinion. what money that you cannot spend to buy good and service is not yours.
i dun understand why sinkies still do not understand a very simple concept.
you may have a piece of paper who claim that you have this amount of money, if you cannot spend it, it is not yours. you think you can live til 65 to get it? the date keep pushing further and further, when you are 64, it will be 70. when you are 69, it will be 75

car accident, cancer, HIV/aids, heart attack, flu, all these are stopping you from getting your CPF.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually taxpayers monies if invested back to the country and developed as infrastructure...it will benefit the people...

it they hoard it, and prefer to lose it in failing banks...

what can i say other than to vote them out in the next general elections?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
cherrypicking.jpg

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The people voted for my master, Ali, the Baba, and my master made me President.

Therefore, by implication, the people voted for me!

Can'ch you understand such a simple fact?

The fact that my master paid me millions to stuff my mouth, or keep me on a short leash is besides the point!:biggrin:

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Mynah Thomas, you fail to understand we ppl did not vote for this prataman to be our president ok.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mynah Thomas, you fail to understand we ppl did not vote for this prataman to be our president ok.

her parents must be damn proud of her collusions with the Hakka Lee's Hybrid Regime...:biggrin:

likewise her teachers must be damn proud of their achievements in bringing the right values to her...

so that the entire populace and all bend down together..

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone please tell WSJ to get a Hakka translator to make sense of the letter from Myrna Thomas. It was, I believe a be a dictation.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prasident Sir,
Its great to see your kind self actively in this forum despite your heavy and strenuous workload as the Prasident. Plus all the dosai, prata ,murtabak private sessions you have...ok teh tarik time!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that my master paid me millions to stuff my mouth, or keep me on a short leash is besides the point!:biggrin:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok, now its getting interesting, maybe my armpit would want to believe.

tiuroyston46asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
who told you He wanted to be saved from the Romans? :biggrin:

do you have to be so abusive? have you been abused by someone like the PAP before?

ha ha ha, then how cum you belived in him that he died to save your miserable soul .......

I just loved to ass asshole who talk cock, where got abusive.......:biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
listen Leeaporeans, the money was yours after it was stolen it does not belong to you anymore,.

you sure?

Ex-Taiwan president jailed for corruption
By Robin Kwong in Taipei
Published: September 12 2009 03:00 | Last updated: September 12 2009 03:00
Chen Shui-bian, the former Taiwan president, was sentenced to life in prison for corruption yesterday, completing the fall from grace of the one-time champion of democratisation and human rights.

Judge Tsai Shou-hsun gave Mr Chen, 59, the maximum sentence and fined him T$200m ($6.1m, €4.2m, £3.7m).

Wu Shu-jen, his wife, was also convicted of corruption, given a life sentence and fined T$300m but will not have to go to prison because of her frail health.

"One person's greed has caused chaos throughout the whole country," Judge Tsai said.

The guilty verdict on charges of embezzling state funds, accepting construction kickbacks and money laundering represents a remarkable fall from grace for Mr Chen.

During his two terms in office, Mr Chen was a lightning rod for criticism from China, which was alarmed at his promotion of Taiwan as a separate state and -culture.

Beijing has claimed sovereignty over the island since the 1949 Communist victory in China's civil war climaxed with the Nationalist, or Kuomintang, government fleeing across the Taiwan Straits.

Ties with China have improved since Ma Ying-jeou of the Kuomintang party replaced Mr Chen last year.

Chiang Chi-ming, Mr Chen's spokesman, told reporters after the verdict: "Mr Chen already predicted this [sentence] would happen because he believes this court is filled with hatred for him."

Mr Chen, a former lawyer, felt that the trial "did not adhere to principles of justice and due process", he said.He maintained his innocence throughout, claiming that he was being persecuted for his anti-China views.

Mr Chen had been kept in solitary confinement since November and a judge who twice granted him bail was abruptly replaced.

His son received a 30-month sentence and his daughter-in-law 20 months for helping the former first couple launder money -overseas.

Mr Chen's daughter received a six-month sentence last week on lesser charges.

Mr Chen's wife was paralysed from the waist down when she was repeatedly run over by a car in 1985, an incident many linked to efforts by the thenauthoritarian government to silence Mr Chen.

Analysts discount the possibility that the harsh sentences could rebound in local elections this year against the Kuomintang, which swept out Mr Chen's Democratic Progressive party in legislative and presidential elections last year.

The KMT's popularity has dipped during the past month in the aftermath of typhoon Morakot, which killed more than 600 people, because of the government's slow response. The entire cabinet offered to resign this week in response to the uproar.

Jay Chen Chih-jou, a political science professor at National Tsing Hua university, said: "The difficulty for the DPP is that it cannot distance itself from Mr Chen without losing the support of its hardcore supporters but if it doesn't draw a line with Mr Chen, then that would affect moderate voters."

However, a flock of die-hard supporters of the former president protested outside the court yesterday. Mr Chen, who left the DPP last year, did not appear in court but indicated that he would appeal against the ruling.

Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2009. You may share using our article tools. Please don't cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web.