• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TEMASEK Holdings writes to Joseph Ong again

Ilovelamb

Alfrescian
Loyal
TEMASEK Holdings has written a second time to the supposed founder of online news portal Temasek Review (TR), asking that he pass on their request for a name change to the website’s owners.

The company wrote to Joseph Ong last Friday, following a report in The New Paper identifying him as the alternative news site’s owner. Temasek said then that the site’s first name-change from ‘The Wayang Party’ to ‘The Temasek Review’ was ‘misleading and irresponsible’ as it capitalised on ‘the goodwill and reputation’ of a name ‘indisputably associated with Temasek’.

The company’s annual report has been titled Temasek Review since 2004 and electronic versions are posted on Temasek’s website. This year’s edition is called Temasek Report 2010.

In the past week, TR’s editorial team has posted several articles relating to the matter, each highlighting the fact that they have not heard from Temasek Holdings and will not be changing the site’s name before receiving ‘an official request’ and ’satisfactory replies’ to their queries.

In yesterday’s letter to Dr Ong, Temasek noted that his reply to them was that he was a past contributor but had nothing to do with its ownership and management. He also asked that Temasek direct its request to TR’s owners.

Source: Business Times

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
If A owns a company based overseas, lawsuit will have to take place in country there company is located. Means TH would have to sue TR in US or EU. Singapore courts have no jurisdiction

No possible and highly risky.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is hilarious..

th is such a big big big company...and facing a cockroach in tr....this is hilarious!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is Singapores version of David vs Goliath.

I can see who is winning. Also i can see who looks like the idiot.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is hilarious..

th is such a big big big company...and facing a cockroach in tr....this is hilarious!

I think this is how the matter is seems and how some people would take advantage of the situation.

If TR want to make a fool of TH, they can and it would make TH look as if they are bullying a small fry. But the matter is, TR created the situation to make themselves look like the victim when acrually they are the villain.

So what is TH to dio? let a small ant like TR run all over them? Then if that would be the case, we have people here, sayiong how incomptent TH is, unable to handle a small fry like TR. IF TH did managed to subdue TR, we again have people here saying that TH is victimising TR.

So again, what would you have TH to dio?

I would suggestv that TH goes all out to ensure they get their fair justice here as well. If its true that TH can show that TR is using the name " temasek" in bad faith, then TR really would have nothing to say.

Now, TR want to get a "satisfactory" reply from TH then they would make changes. Now, how would you define "satisfactory"?

As for why TH is serving the lawyer letter to Joe Ong and not to TR directly because the last known contact person is Joe Ong and no one else. Joe Ong have to show proof he is nolonger related or own TR and totally have nothing to do with them. But he knows he cant and is unable to do that. Too many arrows pointing his way. Either way, Joe Ong cant back dowon or step up as both direection would claim him link and credited to TR.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is where and who to serve the Writ of Summons ?

TH cannot possibly serve the Writ on Joseph.

If its proven thet Joe Ong is the last person to pay for the website, and there is no proof of transfer of ownership, I think its fair to suggest that Joe should be served with the writ.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serve a writ for what??? Website is based overseas.

It is like Singapore suing Joe for owning a ganja cafe in Amsterdam. That is why I do not understand what is the deal.

Furthermore, that website is like a forum and is not responsible for what is written on it.

Me think, the best bet is to buy the site from Joe, if indeed it belongs to him.

If its proven thet Joe Ong is the last person to pay for the website, and there is no proof of transfer of ownership, I think its fair to suggest that Joe should be served with the writ.

ButtHead

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as TH can prove that the materials are uploaded from Singapore even to an overseas server. Joe can be charged. Isn't it?

How can a website be not responsible for what is written on it? The admin and moderators are suppose to ensure that people write responsibly that is why there is moderation. If not, why everytime I comment and question on their article, it is never published? They are simply creating a false impression of any situation to suit their agenda.

It is like Singapore suing Joe for owning a ganja cafe in Amsterdam. That is why I do not understand what is the deal.

Furthermore, that website is like a forum and is not responsible for what is written on it.

Me think, the best bet is to buy the site from Joe, if indeed it belongs to him.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm Joseph Ong, I would just admit that I own the website and change the name.

It does not benefit him if he continues lying about this. TH is going to continue sending him lawyer letters and damn if he change it and damn if he dun. The longer he continues with the lie, the more difficult it would be for him to turn back.

If not, either way, he is going to suffer.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what is TH to dio? let a small ant like TR run all over them? Then if that would be the case, we have people here, sayiong how incomptent TH is, unable to handle a small fry like TR. IF TH did managed to subdue TR, we again have people here saying that TH is victimising TR.

So again, what would you have TH to dio?

In the first place why Ho Jinx so itchy backside want to play politics when she cannot even run a business properly?

TH should just say sorry to TR and move on. TH just cannot win.

TR will be magnanimuos enough not to gloat too much after that.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm Joseph Ong, I would just admit that I own the website and change the name.

It does not benefit him if he continues lying about this. TH is going to continue sending him lawyer letters and damn if he change it and damn if he dun. The longer he continues with the lie, the more difficult it would be for him to turn back.

If not, either way, he is going to suffer.

The 1st thing that is going to suffer is his job/career. I am not so sure whether Healthway will still keep him with all this news surrounding him.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't talk about things you don't know. Just sue Joe and make him transfer ownership. If he fights and loses, he'll probably be bankrupted. If he fights and wins, the long long fight might still bankrupt him. Under such pressure, let's see if he will keep up his lies. :biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is website like TR or people like Joseph who tries to push boundaries.

As a result, the gahment has to preempt or retaliate by coming up with stricter rules or laws to curb such adverturism. Who is the loser of the day? I think all of us will be losers.

It's like the chewing gum. If everybody eats and behaves by disposing the gum responsibly, then there is no need for the gahment to come up with such tough rules.

But some delinquents think it is fun to stick chewing gum in MRT train doors, headrest of cinema seats, seats in buses, etc. There is no way to police such acts. In the end Singapore has to ban chewing gums. Some people may laugh. But the majority - more than 66.6% - agree some actions must be taken.

I think there are more important issues for us to spend our time rather than trying to needle the gahment who is doing a comparatively good job for the people.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What happened to all those predictions of TH suing TR or TH suing Dr Ong?

Don't be a dolt. A legal suit comes only much later, like for example when YPAP discovers there is an opportunity to make some cash on the sideline by suing someone for defamation/intimidation/harassment.

What TH is doing is to force Dr Ong to reveal his contacts and/or to make a false statutory declaration. TH won't sue Ong. They have bigger prawns to grill. Dr Ong however is a valuable, but weak link in the chain. So TH will continue to yank the chain.