• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teen's fist just came out at me

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teen_s_fist_just_came_out_at_me-topImage.jpg

HE TAKES the bus daily to get his lunch – a short two-stop journey on service 171 from Sembawang Road to Chong Pang Market Food Centre near Yishun Avenue 5.

But at 12.30pm on Thursday, the 86-year-old retiree got a rude shock when he tried to take an empty second-row aisle seaton the bus.

Mr Fong Kiang said a teenager who was next to the seat kicked him and told him that the seat was reserved for his friend who would be boarding later.

Even worse, he assaulted Mr Fong who scolded him for being disrespectful.

Mr Fong, who used to work as a ship engine fitter, suffered bleeding and bruises onhis right arm.

He told The New Paper yesterday at his home: “I boarded the bus and looked for a seat even though it’s only for two stops. Old people, our legs are not strong.

“I tried to take the empty seat, but I felt someone kicking me from behind.”

He said the teen appeared to be in school uniform – white shirt and navy blue pants – but he didn’t notice whether he was wearing a badge.

“I haven’t seen him on the bus before. I asked him why I can’t sit when I have paid the fare,” Mr Fong said in Cantonese.

“I scolded him for not letting an old man have a seat and for kicking me. I asked him what his teachers had been teaching him.”

The teen then threw a punch at his chest, said Mr Fong.

“It was very sudden. He didn’t say anything. His fist just came out. He then grabbed my bag and kicked me, causing me to fall down.”

The 20 or so passengers in the bus didn’t do anything to help, Mr Fong said.

Two women sitting nearby actually moved away, he added.

The youth then tried to alight, but he was stopped by the driver,who made him apologise.

Mr Fong said: “He was scared when the driver asked him why he beat me. He said ‘sorry’.

“As it was my stop to get off, I did so quickly. I had to sit at the bus stop to catch my breath. I then realised that my right arm was bleeding.”

Mr Fong said the doctor who treated his injuries told him that they would take about two weeks to heal.

“I have to take anti-inflammatory medication and apply antiseptic cream. This incident shows that the young people of today are terrible.”

A spokesman for SMRT told TNP that it is investigating the incident, but wasn’t able to confirm any details at press time.

Mr Fong, who has five adult children and eight grandchildren, did not make a police report because he felt it would go against his Christian faith.

He said: “When I go to church, I will pray and ask God to forgive the teenager for his sins. I just want to raise awareness about this incident.

So aggressive

“I can’t believe the actions of young people these days. They are so aggressive.”

Mr Fong’s eldest daughter, Madam Susan Fong, 50, a tutor, said young people are becoming more impatient towards the elderly.

For example, she said, when they board the bus, they will often push past an elderly person to get a seat.

She said: “My dad goes out daily as a form of exercise. It’s good for him, but we are also worried when we hear of such things.

“Maybe my dad had accidentally sat down because the bus motion was jerky and he happened to sit on the teen’s foot. He’s an old man, it’s excusable.

“But for the teen to insist on keeping the seat for his friend and, worse, to get violent, that’s inexcusable.”

Educators condemned the boy’s act.

Said Ms Li Wei, principal of private school FIS Institute: “What the boy did was horrific and heartbreaking. How can our children lack even basic compassion for the elderly?”

She added that if the boy were from her school, she would inform his parents immediately and rebuke him in front of the whole school.

Ms Helen Choo, principal of Tampines Junior College, was similarly dismayed.

She said she would consider sending the youth for counselling to see if he has anger management issues.

Ms Choo also felt that the passengers ought to have helped the old man.

Mr Fong is now careful to avoid confrontations when he travels on the bus.

He said: “When I took the bus today, there was a man in his 20s or 30s who put his bag on a seat. There was no other seat, but I didn’t dare to ask him to move his bag away.

“I don’t want to get beaten up again. Once is enough.”

This article was first published in The New Paper.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i ever see an incident like this, I will slap that kid so Fucking hard and put fear into him.. I will help his father discipline him..Something his daddy didnt teach him

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since the old man is a Christian, why didn't he offered the other cheek? How unchristian of him :mad:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think karma?

The old man got tatoo on his arms, in the olden days only gangster got tatoo...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that kid mastered the fisting technique from master praying mantis called "lightning thunder surprise meet buddha face out from nowhere." knuckles in the pic are those of an exponent who has punched a sandbag ten thousand times.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Sinkie old man still don't even know WHO the actual culprit is.

It' s not the youth only but is actually the PAP creation of a end product with the Sinkie continuing to vote them in.

Justly well deserved to be whacked as this old man is still 'sleeping'!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what you get for having parents who pamper their kids too much and the cane and a good slap across the face is considered too extreme. We need to go back to the good old days where getting a scolding from your teachers = getting a caning when you get home.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens when you have 2 working parents. Nature was made in such a way that each kid will have 2 parents, 1 to bring home the food and the other to ensure the kids grow up safe.

when both go and "look for food", the kid will be screwed up.

This is what you get for having parents who pamper their kids too much and the cane and a good slap across the face is considered too extreme. We need to go back to the good old days where getting a scolding from your teachers = getting a caning when you get home.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what happens when you have 2 working parents. Nature was made in such a way that each kid will have 2 parents, 1 to bring home the food and the other to ensure the kids grow up safe.

when both go and "look for food", the kid will be screwed up.

I disagree. I'm pretty sure most of us in here have 2 working parents, I'm pretty sure most of us didn't end up as eldery bashers. In the past this was negated by the fact that the Teachers have a role in teaching discipline to the kids. Nowadays, the parents will screw teachers for doing that

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. i would agree with you on this one.
2. look at that soldier with the maid in toll is an excellent example.
3. it is the "i,me,myself" syndrome.