• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Yuqing sends letter to Straits Times : "Make national language (Malay) compulsory for Singaporeans"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lwx_forum2_130519_12.jpg

With Singapore commemorating its bicentennial this year, I think it is a good time to make Malay, Singapore's national language, compulsory in schools.

I got to know more about Singapore's heritage and Malay culture while following the bicentennial celebrations, and I now understand why our national language is Malay.

I now feel more pride when singing our National Anthem in Malay, and I believe that if more students are taught Malay in school, they, too, will follow suit.

Our closest neighbours also share a similar language, so learning Malay will give us a common bond with friends in neighbouring countries.

Tan Yuqing, 17
Polytechnic Year 2 Student

https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-in-print/make-national-language-compulsory

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid girl. The right thing to do is to get rid of the use of Malay language in SAF and anthem. We speak Singlish and should be proud of Singlish. Leave Malay and the other 3 languages as official (pai sui only) language and adopt English in everything else.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid girl. The right thing to do is to get rid of the use of Malay language in SAF and anthem. We speak Singlish and should be proud of Singlish. Leave Malay and the other 3 languages as official (pai sui only) language and adopt English in everything else.
No, learning Malay n alternative language make you more creative.
Learning Malay will enable you to travel to different parts of southeast Asia to make a decent living don't business

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, learning Malay n alternative language make you more creative.
Learning Malay will enable you to travel to different parts of southeast Asia to make a decent living don't business

Malay is a useless language …English is preferred in private sector in Mudland. Even in 100 million people Indon, English can get by.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learn Malay is important because singkieland had to conquer mudland soon. Can't administered conquered territories without knowing the language n culture

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We conquered Mudland and then make the Malays speak English. Most of the useful ones already speak English. They can teach the useless ones.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malay is a simple language for simple people. Typing in Malay is far less tedious than in Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Thai.

Pelacur itu gila.

Saya suka buah dada.

pk.png

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Learn Malay is important because singkieland had to conquer mudland soon. Can't administered conquered territories without knowing the language n culture

It is far easier for Malaysia to conquer Singapore without a single shot being fired.

I fully agree that Singaporeans should learn their National Language and learn it well. It is ridiculous to have a National Language that only 15% of the population can understand.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think unbanning dialects is more of a priority. The fake angmoh yellow kids here are now monotongue. Our generation usually can speak 4 languages and above. Fake chinks are hopeless

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got to know more about Singapore's heritage and Malay culture while following the bicentennial celebrations, and I now understand why our national language is Malay.

I now feel more pride when singing our National Anthem in Malay, and I believe that if more students are taught Malay in school, they, too, will follow suit.
KNN just by attending a bicentennial celebration can make yuqing felt more pride in malay KNN then if she attend saf open house maybe she will say compulsory for woman serve ns KNN this type can learn halfway malay then give up type KNN

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
National Language = Malay
National Custom = Sarong Kebaya
National Flag = Islamic Crescent
National President = Malay (or a chap cheng)

BUT......

National Race = Chinese
National Food = Bak Kut Teh

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
National Language = Malay
National Custom = Sarong Kebaya
National Flag = Islamic Crescent
National President = Malay (or a chap cheng)

BUT......

National Race = Chinese
National Food = Bak Kut Teh
national hobby = motosikal riding
national exercise = food delivery and vice-versa :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shopping at JB is a good way to brush up your Bahasa skills. Read the signs and the food labels etc.

You'll also discover fun items, for example, a 'halal' toothpaste. :biggrin:

banner-premium.jpg