• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Supervisor at Hans Cafe resigned due to marginalisation by foreign staff

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
From his atrocious grammar, it is plain obvious that Mr Tay has low caste peasant blood running through him. His grandfather must a peasant who has come over from Southern China to Singapore to work as a coolie and his parents are also uneducated peasants. Mr Tay managed to scrape through NUS by the skin of his teeth and is deluding himself to think that he is better than the Foreign Talents! It is time Mr Tay learn his station in life. No matter what kind of qualifications he has, he will still of peasant stock!

My grandparents are Shanghainese businessmen!

so what if ur grandparents are shanghainese businessmen? it doesn't shows that every businessmen is rich. also, since u are the 3rd generation, u should have squandered all of their money, cos fortune does not last for 3 generations. no wonder u have been betting heavily on soccer and bacarat:rolleyes:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng used to work at han's too - kana tekan to wash dishes n clear rubbish while those filipinos got chance to serve at counter.:( some more kana kicked from 1 branch to another - thomson plaza > novena square > raffles place > parkway parade > finally home!:(

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has grammar to do with the issue at hand? Please come out with something more convincing that we should just brush away this complaint. I would like to listen to what Scrobal has found so odd other than the grammar.

"Let me explained why."

1. It is difficult to imagine an NUS grad lacking the common sense to compose a grammatically correct letter to the press. A Singaporean who attended pre-U or poly should know better.

2. I do not think YOU would be foolish enough to tell the whole world that your name is 'Fabian', sign off 'Tay' and you got accosted by Malaysian *cooks* in the kitchen. Unless you are prepared to be ostracized and suffer unemployment for a long long time.

3. Even if the name is replaced in the letter, I am sure there aren't many Hans supervisors who left employment at the restaurant on November 4th. Such details are unnecessary in the presenting his case. Why would he want to be traced?

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supporting NS = Supporting Fascism

20090816-tbeyefejda4dt789hcs47xmejf.jpg

I used to spread messages inside a camp like "Supporting NS = Supporting Fascism" and "Be A Born Free Man" but no one listen. Now, so many things coming out of these idiots' mouths on why the foreigners are not doing NS. What do they mean by why, OMG !

eng_born_free.jpg
[/IMG]

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether he is from NUS or not, it doesn't really matters. His letter is accurate to the tee about the going ons in the FnB line in sinkeeland. I have been a excecutive chef for the last few years and I've seen pretty insane shit. Ive also made complaints to MOM on various occasions about the quota on FTs at my workplace. Also whether its NUS or other UNIs from overseas or locally Ive seen and interviewed alot of them for servers or kitchen positions...

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rents here in peesai for a restaurant is so high that many employers cheat and lie on their FTs application. MOM is aware but choose to close one eye. MOM is a cunt of a ministry.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are missing the point. Everyone knows that FT issue has been badly handled. The case against the govt gets diluted if dubious cases are highlighted. It becomes worse if such cases get defrocked in public.

Whether he is from NUS or not, it doesn't really matters. His letter is accurate to the tee about the going ons in the FnB line in sinkeeland. I have been a excecutive chef for the last few years and I've seen pretty insane shit. Ive also made complaints to MOM on various occasions about the quota on FTs at my workplace. Also whether its NUS or other UNIs from overseas or locally Ive seen and interviewed alot of them for servers or kitchen positions...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am taking the thread at face value and assuming this Fabian guy was indeed writing about his aggrieved and transient F&B experience. If that be true, then the first half of his letter to me looked and read alright in recounting what he went thru, but in the later half, he became vindictive and appeared to have hidden issues and agendas.

Actually, I hold Han's mgmt responsible in making him a Supervisor (maybe due to his paper qualifs). But in the F&B industry, the kitchen is usually where all the politics are. I wrote about a book on this subject of kitchens an waiting in F&B outlets in a past post, and it was a book called "Waiter rant" by Steve Dublanica, http://waiterrant.net/

A
cc to his acct, the cook is the highest pecking order in the kitchen, even higher than the Supe. The Sup may be the boss in the formal lineup but God works in mysterious ways, so on the street level informally, the cook/chef calls the shots. The one who washes the dishes is the lowest rung. Now I think Fabian shld have started here. Then there wld have been no issues whatsoever with everybody else! It's a typical conundrum - you put a fresh wet behind the ears scholar in the civil service on top of a lot of "lau chiaos" and you spell trouble.

So frankly, Fabian has got a lot of growing up/maturing/sobering up to do. He needed to understand the real way to "warm up" to others. Not just a Hi!, but eating.smoking, drinking, playing cards, having breaks with his colleagues, telling dirty jokes etc. to bring one down to the appropriate levels.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe in this forum you take a stone and throw, you hit an ex-NUASS

LOL I only know three here definate not NUSASS. Your daddy and Forve sure from US U, Locke sure from UK U. All are still assholes anyway LOL

Dont look at me or ask me hor. I boh tak chek no U LOL

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mojito said:
"Let me explained why."

1. It is difficult to imagine an NUS grad lacking the common sense to compose a grammatically correct letter to the press. A Singaporean who attended pre-U or poly should know better.

2. I do not think YOU would be foolish enough to tell the whole world that your name is 'Fabian', sign off 'Tay' and you got accosted by Malaysian *cooks* in the kitchen. Unless you are prepared to be ostracized and suffer unemployment for a long long time.

3. Even if the name is replaced in the letter, I am sure there aren't many Hans supervisors who left employment at the restaurant on November 4th. Such details are unnecessary in the presenting his case. Why would he want to be traced?

Totally rubbish here. How does this support your case? It tells more of yourself than anything else.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i work part time in the kitchen before in the past to earn my school fee. In general the kitchen crew are very nice and treat you like a real brother. But if you lao lan with them....they will do anything to give you hell.

the difficult part is to mix with them, as most of them are uneducated. you have to talk like them, eat like them in order to mix in. this is the kind of skill that will never be taught in the school, spoil brat like him will never get it. big deal you got a degree, the unseen degree from the society with soft skill is more important.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i work part time in the kitchen before in the past to earn my school fee. In general the kitchen crew are very nice and treat you like a real brother. But if you lao lan with them....they will do anything to give you hell.

the difficult part is to mix with them, as most of them are uneducated. you have to talk like them, eat like them in order to mix in. this is the kind of skill that will never be taught in the school, spoil brat like him will never get it. big deal you got a degree, the unseen degree from the society with soft skill is more important.

I thot your rich daddy who can afford runroad everywhere around the world pay for you you dont need work?

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally rubbish here. How does this support your case? It tells more of yourself than anything else.

1. If he wanted to be vindictive, the letter would have been sent to the Ministry. Instead he sent it to a blogger/social worker occupying a niche space. Why is a 24 yo kid posting to a support group for displaced middle-aged men?

2. If he wanted to talk about his problems to the internet community, he can always post anonymously at a variety of blogs, forums and whats-not without fear. Of course, now anyone can trace the fella who quit on 4th of November.

3. There is an off chance this is a genuine case. Use your own judgment to figure out whether this is true. I offer my 2 cents for what it's worth, I don't have a ten-year series model answer for you.