• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Statement that Kept PAP in Power for 50 years

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Perhaps because he really really believes and perhaps the people and especially the capable who have rejected the PAP and laugh at them in private refuse to step out and make him eat those words.

For me those words are a red cap to those wild opposition bulls. If I claim I am not corrupt and am efficient, therefore the opposition will say that I am "corrupt" and "inefficient" ."

Not the smartest of move to challenge the PAP and LKY and his dogma head on. Furthermore the underlying assumption of every LKY statement on political change is that the opposition is incapable and wants power :_)), well perhaps capable enough to pressure him politically for a start but we thread at out peril when we start talking about winning and challenging the PAP for serious power like many netizens here

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am with you on the polls and the approaches on it. Not sure if you were in SBF during the last 2 GE and the atmosphere here was electrifying. Just as the GE approaches, subjects like bread and better issues, the courage to make a change is pushed forth and very relevant.

Hopefully people like Alex whose coverage of the various rallies were good and informative.

In the meantime, its the technicals for me.

Forget about the intelligentsia as there are too few and they are up against a fascist political party. Authoritarian rule is what they aim for. It bothers the hell out of them that they have to give a few seats to the alternative parties in parliament.

The pappies unanimously truly believe in a one-party system.

The only way to beat the pappies is in the polls and it can be done. From S Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and soon Malaysia the tide can be changed if people believe in making temporary sacrifices.

The pappies are scared shit when the next GE comes. The pappies have always strode on bread and butter issues but now that is more of their weakness than their strength.

Bread and butter issues is how the alternative parties can win the next election because it has become obvious that the pappies are clueless and are damned on FTs and anything that pushes up the GDP. But it is a short-term solution. If singaporeans are already suffering now, what more in 5-20 years?

With the type of policies in place, Singaporeans will continue to suffer greater and greater hardship. There is no lapse and it will continue unabated unless the pappies are voted out and policies that are put in place to truly help Singaporeans are put into practice.

Listen - when you talk to a baby you use baby sounds. When you talk to your parents you use a certain tone and you choose appropriate topics.

If you want to win votes you must also choose your tone and subject matter carefully. Your audience will be different depending on where you do the talking.

The intelligentsia cannot do anything on their own even if one is optimistic. The pappies rule in an authoritarian style. That is how they operate. It is their belief system. They will never give up the media and other restrictions that stifle true democracy.

It is good to bring such matters up from time to time to challenge them and to irritate them and to show them that they have no moral ground to stand on.

But to win votes, there are better ways.

Alternative parties have to speak to the civil servants and appease them and to ask that they vote with their conscience. If an alternative party does come to power, then the civil service must be confident that their jobs are not on the line but rather a new system of true meritocracy and one that puts Singaporeans first both for the short term and the long term.

The people must be made confident that chnage isn't for the sake of change but a change for te better. A change that puts the people first. A change that promises transparency and democracy so that the country can progress.

Previous GEs had lots of talk about civil society.

Today, the story is tragic in that we are talking about real bread and butter issues that almost every Singaporean knows about. It is like birth pangs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you may be right and that view is very much current for many years. I too have been curious and have sought the views of those who are close to the coalface. Not one of them had seen or heard him talk in any other way. There are was never a hint of "I fooled them" etc.

Dear Scroobal

Perhaps because he really really believes and perhaps the people and especially the capable who have rejected the PAP and laugh at them in private refuse to step out and make him eat those words.

With you on this. Its was refreshing to see at the last GE where WP, Sylvia and Low not addressing the PAP but their own agenda. For the first time, PAP did not see how to move forward. They again attempted to bait Low to comment about Gomez's conduct but Low did not bite. As you know this had been the approach of the Chiam and Maurice as well.

Pointless hammering the PAP on their own conduct. The battle must be for each seat and not for the government.

For me those words are a red cap to those wild opposition bulls. If I claim I am not corrupt and am efficient, therefore the opposition will say that I am "corrupt" and "inefficient" ."

Not the smartest of move to challenge the PAP and LKY and his dogma head on. Furthermore the underlying assumption of every LKY statement on political change is that the opposition is incapable and wants power :_)), well perhaps capable enough to pressure him politically for a start but we thread at out peril when we start talking about winning and challenging the PAP for serious power like many netizens here

Locke