• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Statement that Kept PAP in Power for 50 years

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaTWCS24mho&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaTWCS24mho&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we become corrupt, inefficient and can't deliver, we're out,' -- LKY

With this statement, this country were held to ransom by this Hakka fuck for 50 years.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
you could have just walked out in disgust when he said that, instead you sat there quietly and took it up the backside.

be a man...

"First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow...so heroic...which GRC you in ? lucky u ..get to vote.

i'm not like you and him, i've never talked big. :cool:

i vote oppo.

i campaign actively against incumbents.

i write letters to my PAP MP and fuck him for his lousy performance in parliament.

i scold ugly singaporeans when i see them.

i curse ang mohs and FTs when they act big in front of me.

but i always try to help others when they are in need. if screwball had a heart attack, i will give him CPR first. then later spit at him.

peace.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
"First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."

Pastor Martin Niemöller

I could not do anything and I could not speak up, but at least I curse and swear at them in this forum and I hoped I have done my bit.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I know where you are coming from and you are right. Singaporeans are generally not familiar with the techicals of good government and good governance let along taking cognizance of glaring abuse of the democratic process. Its still riles me that Singapore don't wonder why Marine Parade Council office can be found in the heart of Hougang.

I note that you prefer to work on this where it hits the pocket, reduces the quality of life, puts citizens in a lesser position than foreigners, abuse of state funds, loss of purpose with CPF etc.

I would like explain why I prefer to target the technicals and instruments related to a democratic process. I do this with the hope that the intelligentsia do pick it up and they are usually in the capacity to influence and make changes. It will be long but necessary.

The second reason is also because there are many others including TOC that covers the material and quality of life impact on singaporeans. No need for me to write somehting on CPF etc when there are many others doing a good job.

For instance, till to day, not a single soul has written about PA and its control of grassroots organisations. I get PMs expressing shock and surprise when I touch on these. No one has touched on National Brainwashing Centre at South Buona Vista Road.

Forget about the intelligentsia as there are too few and they are up against a fascist political party. Authoritarian rule is what they aim for. It bothers the hell out of them that they have to give a few seats to the alternative parties in parliament.

The pappies unanimously truly believe in a one-party system.

The only way to beat the pappies is in the polls and it can be done. From S Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and soon Malaysia the tide can be changed if people believe in making temporary sacrifices.

The pappies are scared shit when the next GE comes. The pappies have always strode on bread and butter issues but now that is more of their weakness than their strength.

Bread and butter issues is how the alternative parties can win the next election because it has become obvious that the pappies are clueless and are damned on FTs and anything that pushes up the GDP. But it is a short-term solution. If singaporeans are already suffering now, what more in 5-20 years?

With the type of policies in place, Singaporeans will continue to suffer greater and greater hardship. There is no lapse and it will continue unabated unless the pappies are voted out and policies that are put in place to truly help Singaporeans are put into practice.

Listen - when you talk to a baby you use baby sounds. When you talk to your parents you use a certain tone and you choose appropriate topics.

If you want to win votes you must also choose your tone and subject matter carefully. Your audience will be different depending on where you do the talking.

The intelligentsia cannot do anything on their own even if one is optimistic. The pappies rule in an authoritarian style. That is how they operate. It is their belief system. They will never give up the media and other restrictions that stifle true democracy.

It is good to bring such matters up from time to time to challenge them and to irritate them and to show them that they have no moral ground to stand on.

But to win votes, there are better ways.

Alternative parties have to speak to the civil servants and appease them and to ask that they vote with their conscience. If an alternative party does come to power, then the civil service must be confident that their jobs are not on the line but rather a new system of true meritocracy and one that puts Singaporeans first both for the short term and the long term.

The people must be made confident that chnage isn't for the sake of change but a change for te better. A change that puts the people first. A change that promises transparency and democracy so that the country can progress.

Previous GEs had lots of talk about civil society.

Today, the story is tragic in that we are talking about real bread and butter issues that almost every Singaporean knows about. It is like birth pangs.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
gerrymandearing means nothing so long as the MIW deliver. However these days they seem to be delivering less and less. :mad:

PAP is being kept in POWER via gerrymandearing! :mad:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could not do anything and I could not speak up, but at least I curse and swear at them in this forum and I hoped I have done my bit.

Wow by bitching you would become a hero that contributes to society. Eh fuck you lah, don't make yourself to be so great when you are nothing and Singapore can do without rubbish underbellies like you.

You are just a useless, ballless dog. Not meantion old, stupid and worthless too.

PAP owns YOU, even to the moment before you DIE.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow by bitching you would become a hero that contributes to society. Eh fuck you lah, don't make yourself to be so great when you are nothing and Singapore can do without rubbish underbellies like you.

You are just a useless, ballless dog. Not meantion old, stupid and worthless too.

PAP owns YOU, even to the moment before you DIE.

please ask yourself this..

why would a winner like you doing in a loser place like this?

were you tasked to do this shitty job nobody wanted so that you got no choice but hangout here?

still think yourself as a winner? :biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm? Why so scared now? You should what. You old, ugly, stupid and worthless anti-establishment dung.

Hey, you autistic pariah! you do not seem to be able to differentiate what is meant to be a light hearted statement or you just simply not aware of anything.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lau, that kind of thinking is so 20th century. we live in 21st century now lah. :biggrin:

You read Straits Times too much and you take everything and every word very seriously.
So what, you mean all people are also 20 century if they watch old movies.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
please ask yourself this..

why would a winner like you doing in a loser place like this?

were you tasked to do this shitty job nobody wanted so that you got no choice but hangout here?

still think yourself as a winner? :biggrin:

Leave the pariah alone, he is autistic.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP no matter what people say, has strived for the common folk for decades ever since they came into power. Look at how Singapore is being transformed and how advanced the country's economy, infrastructure and architecture is in the whole of Southeast Asia, as well as its political, social and economic stability and security that many foreigners including Caucasians, Koreans and Japanese got to know and decided to come desiring a life here.

Thus no matter what some stupid naysayers would proclaim the ruling is an institution that people should respect, including those same losers who can't make it here and take to gracing their worthless and insignificant existences with paper tiger boasts and not doing much to contribute to their country. In plain speak they did not realize the need to study hard in school and do their best when they clearly had all the advantages over so many other people since their childhood, let alone to build up their careers, and they get kicked in the balls for that, and so objectively they have no one to blame but themselves.

It is unfair to blame the establishment as well as other people for their being failures - they have to learn some responsibility and face up to their deficiencies and more importantly, their mistakes that they themselves made to be such incredible failures in society in the first place. Finger pointing and blame shifting won't improve their uselessness in reality but as you and I know, losers are in the end, losers. Leave these inconsequential inferiors be.