• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST Forum Chee's convenient exclusion

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE Democratic Party (SDP) secretary-general Chee Soon Juan's reply ('No one forced Chiam out: SDP chief', April 2) to my comments in a report ('Chiam's SDP exit: Wife speaks up', March 29) conveniently failed to mention what the motion was about, when no SDP central executive committee (CEC) member supported Mr Chiam.

The motion by Mr Chiam was to censure Dr Chee for his hunger strike. Dr Chee went ahead with the hunger strike on his own despite Mr Chiam's disagreement. The hunger strike was in connection with his sacking by the National University of Singapore.

Lina Chiam (Mrs)
CEC member
Singapore People's Party

Warning: Any user who posts offensive or irrelevant comments will be banned from this Discussion Board.

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:

how can pap destroy chee using chiam like what chee's claiming here?

is he trying to accuse chiam as a pap's stooge to get to him? but chee is a NOBODY. he got the lowest votes and never ever even come close to winning any ward.

LING HOW DONG still ever won a ward. though this lawyer is hardly heard of and out of SDP after chiam, we saw him and his famous "DON'T TALK COCK" blurt in parleement.

what about chee? ranting and ranting with the same handful of sdp clowns and boasting and boasting about his "increased support". where by the way do u see those very "increased" support??

as SDP IB in this forum - that's where. by the way, do SDP IB count as the real thing in the real world doing real good for the real people out there?

well, u wait long long. luckily their nonsense is only capped and restricted in cyber forum such as this or else....u go think about it

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
APPLAUSE & STANDING OVATION!!

chee has so far done nothing conducive. he's now trying to bring down chiam cos chiam with his proposal to take on a GRC might just be the ultimate and probably the last victory for chiam.

and what about chee? well, he could be hard-pressed by pap to rid chiam - a prominent threat now which might cause pap to lose a grc, that is, at least 3 wards kapoot at the same time to chiam's opp party SPP.

and what about SDP? waiting to close shop and shift house over to USD. what a big embarrassing crap!!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE Democratic Party (SDP) secretary-general Chee Soon Juan's reply ('No one forced Chiam out: SDP chief', April 2) to my comments in a report ('Chiam's SDP exit: Wife speaks up', March 29) conveniently failed to mention what the motion was about, when no SDP central executive committee (CEC) member supported Mr Chiam.

The motion by Mr Chiam was to censure Dr Chee for his hunger strike. Dr Chee went ahead with the hunger strike on his own despite Mr Chiam's disagreement. The hunger strike was in connection with his sacking by the National University of Singapore.

Lina Chiam (Mrs)
CEC member
Singapore People's Party

Warning: Any user who posts offensive or irrelevant comments will be banned from this Discussion Board.

Bravo Mrs Chiam!!! The truth is on your side!!!!

belowbelt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does Mrs Chiam persist in attacking the SDP?
Chee Soon Juan

http://http://yoursdp.org/index.php/truth-about/3599-why-does-mrs-chiam-persist-in-attacking-the-sdpMrs Lina Chiam insists on continuing to attack the SDP and me on the issue of Mr Chiam See Tong leaving the party when there are a whole host of issues that she and the Singapore People's Party need to focus on with the PAP.

In her first interview with the Straits Times, Mrs Lina Chiam accused me of ousting Mr Chiam in 1993 and usurping his position.

I explained - providing detailed documentary evidence - how this was not true (read Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 below). It is indisputable that Mr Chiam resigned from the party on his own accord and that his resignation was precipitated by the acrimonious relationship he had had with the other party leaders way began before I had joined the SDP.

In a bizarre twist, however, Mrs Chiam now says that I "conveniently failed to mention that the motion by Mr Chiam was to censure Dr Chee for his hunger strike" in a letter she wrote to the Straits Times published today (see below).

What has this to do with my refuting her accusation that I was the one who had forced Mr Chiam out? I never disputed that there was a motion and that the motion was to censure me for my going on a hunger strike to protest my dismissal from the NUS.

In fact I had posted in Part 2 Mr Chiam's resignation letter which stated what the motion was about. The entire CEC rejected his motion.

Why does Mrs Chiam abruptly change the subject? I would be happy to address any dispute she wants to raise in my four-part series.

But rather than refuting what I wrote, she brings up another point which I have not disputed and which is totally irrelevant to the discussion.

More important, why does Mrs Chiam persist in wanting to dredge up a matter that happened 17 years ago? Why does she insist on attacking a fellow opposition party when there are so many other important national matters to take issue with the PAP such as the unaffordable HDB prices, ministers' salaries, Sheng Siong's raising of stall rentals, etc?

I have set out to expose the untruth that the PAP have been spewing about my so-called ousting of Mr Chiam. I am happy to let Singaporeans read the PAP's/Chiams' account versus what I have written and let readers draw their own conclusions about the matter.

I have no desire to let the PAP media continue to feed on this issue. The SDP has moved on and we will concentrate on speaking up on the weighty issues on behalf of Singaporeans rather than be mired in petty finger-pointing that serves only the PAP's interests. Letter to The

Read also:
Straits Times Forum: No one forced Chiam out: SDP chief

CSJ: An open letter to all opposition supporters
Part 1: The truth about Chiam See Tong's departure
Part 2: Chiam's expulsion - What really happened?
Part 3: Goh Chok Tong - Without Chiam, harder to destroy Chee
Part 4: Taking the SDP forward

belowbelt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know engaging you trolls are a waste of my few minutes. But my conscience tells me that I should do my bit to help the ignorant in this thread.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bravo Mrs Chiam!!! The truth is on your side!!!!

What truth are you talking about? Distorted "truth" by Mrs Chiam?

She did not even rebut any of the accusations out on the SDP website! You know what they say in a court of law? If one remains silent and not take the stand? Inference might be drawn as to a presumption of quilt.

The fact that neither she nor her husband spoke in defence of the events leading to his ouster, shows them to be lying! Mr Chiam was not kicked out... he resigned in a huff!

Please go back and read again. The truth is out there!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee is such a failure!!

first he tries to get at the pap. failing that, he gets at his own ex-mentor chiam. failing that, now he also tries to hoot the wifey, lina chiam...failing that - WHO'S NEXT ON HIS LIST?

meanwhile, his ka kia, my favorite pet snake has ganged up with his long lost father to hoot KJ of RP.

now ask yourself this question:

WHY EVEN SDP KA KIAS ARE AS QUARRELSOME AS THEIR CHIEFY THE BIG CHOW CHEE?:rolleyes:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
What truth are you talking about? Distorted "truth" by Mrs Chiam?

She did not even rebut any of the accusations out on the SDP website! You know what they say in a court of law? If one remains silent and not take the stand? Inference might be drawn as to a presumption of quilt.

The fact that neither she nor her husband spoke in defence of the events leading to his ouster, shows them to be lying! Mr Chiam was not kicked out... he resigned in a huff!

Please go back and read again. The truth is out there!

Why do you trust a leader who uses foreign funds for his own gain and has failed to maintain or increase in the number of seats when he conviniently took over from the original and strong leader of the SDP? Do you simply trust Chee without wondering about the skeletons in his closet? Democracy is not a strong force for development. Read Ha-Joon Chang and other institutional economists.