• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'poreans not committed to jobs, so how? Today newspaper whacks locals hard

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/business/job-commitment-level-low-among-spore-workers-survey-shows

Job commitment level low among S’pore workers, survey shows

By Wong Wei Han
Published: May 8, 7:10 PM

SINGAPORE — Only two out of ten workers in Singapore feel that they are committed to their jobs, while over half the workers don’t think they’re valued by their bosses, a survey has found.

The survey by Kelly Services polled from close to 230,000 people in 31 countries, including more than 1,500 individuals here.

Out of these individuals, only 20 per cent said they were totally committed to their job — a progressive decline since 2010’s 38 per cent — while only 40 per cent of employees here felt valued by their employers. Both numbers are lower compared to countries in the region including Indonesia, Malaysia and China.

The numbers indicate that employee engagement, which shows how absorbed and interested people are by their jobs, is at an all-time low in Singapore, said Kelly Services’ vice president for Singapore Mark Hall.

“This has implications for workplace performance and productivity so it is critical to identify the causes. Many survey respondents raised the lack of personal career progression, a shortage of professional resources and equipment, and lack of opportunity for community service as areas where their company did not perform well,” he told TODAY. “It is also interesting to note that only just over a third of people agreed their job provides them with a sense of meaning.”

“It’s clear that more needs to be done by employers to provide an environment that will help to increase productivity and long-term retention,” Mr Hall added. “While salary and benefits are central to an employee’s priorities, advancement, strong leadership and flexibility are also important motivators.”

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Better commitment comes from fair remuneration, good work environment, work-life balance.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is to argue for hiring of FTs?

Note how it shows Singapore workers are even less committed than Indonesia, Malaysia and China!

This is so laughable except that it is not April 1st

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More often than not, you don't get rewarded for being a loyal worker. All you get is probably some silly long service awards and some retrenchment package that's better than newcomers should you be axed.

When people quit a job, push factors often trump pull factors.

When you treat your employees (human resources) as more resource, less human... they reciprocate that attitude. Surprise, surprise.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
valued by their bosses?when i worked my shytty part time min wage jobs,twice i had bosses and supervisors threaten me with termination,for raising slight objections to doing things that were absolutely degrading outside my supposed job scope,refusal to comply means immediate termination?thats how much value u place in ur employees huh?

and some jokers even make a big fuss about withholding salary....wow like we are absolutely hardup about that 50 bucks u are paying us for a days labour?50 bucks are u serious?have i been living in singapore for the past 20 years or what?

and i agree with pay peanuts get monkeys,once a supervisor even bragged about firing 4 guys in one day.....yeah of course,with the shyt pay and assholes like u,ur surprised u get monkeys for ur job?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
SINGAPORE — Only two out of ten workers in Singapore feel that they are committed to their jobs, while over half the workers don’t think they’re valued by their bosses, a survey has found.

Employment is a contract between boss and worker. Boss pays worker X dollars monthly. In return, the worker performs a job in accordance with his JD.

The "value" of the worker is the amount he earns. What else do these employees want?.... a cuddle? :rolleyes:

PS: If you're a female employee with big tits and a nice ass, you can get your boss to value your services more by going beyond the call of duty.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Human resource is a renewable resource. Exploit and loot with gleeful abandon, i say!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Human resource is a renewable resource. Exploit and loot with gleeful abandon, i say!

The employee tries to do as little as possible while earning as much as possible.

The employer tries to get as much as possible while paying as little as possible.

They meet somewhere in the middle at an agreed rate and a contract is signed.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the process.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The employee tries to do as little as possible while earning as much as possible.

The employer tries to get as much as possible while paying as little as possible.

u mean they bring in the cheaper better faster from mongolia and now everyone is shyt out of luck.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am sure it is nowhere near the middle when unions are controlled by the state.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am sure it is nowhere near the middle when unions are controlled by the state.

The unions in Singapore do a good job in moderating expectations. They are vital link in the process and have resulted in Singaporeans reaching new heights of prosperity.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes... like the maxim magazine, when you pay only less then $10 they show a bit of flesh, you go for hustler you pay twice, you wanna see live, you pay five time, you wanna get into action, you pay ten times.

Sinkie bosses can only afford maxim and HJ is DIY. sextifaction still guarantee.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They screw and tiew and kan us
And they wrote lies to whack us

STOP ALL THOSE FUCKING RUBBISH FROM THEM

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The above are most true of the current situation. The question is, is such behavior "nature" or "nurtured"?

The behavior of kids are the result of parents and external influences. That is why Mencius' mummy shifted house 3 times.

The values of adults are modified by behaviors of leaders over time, which in term mold the behavior of their offspring.

At the end, who started this rot? The leader.

Who allowed this rot to continue? The adults who were fooled by the leaders in thinking that what they were doing were good and continued to choose them to lead.

How can this be change be reversed? It took 50 years to transformed from poor hardworking people to rich lazy bums. However, it will only take less than 5 years to transform from rich lazy bums to poor lazy bums and another 45 years to become hardworking again. The problem is this place has no natural resources and is too small to support 6 million poor folks. Along the way, the poor lazy bums will self-destruct and nature will bring the place back to its original form, a fishing village with mangrove swamp.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Employment is a contract between boss and worker. Boss pays worker X dollars monthly. In return, the worker performs a job in accordance with his JD.

Boss, you are absolutely correct!!..our contracts also says we work from 8:30 to 6pm...so why are the bosses not happy when we leave at 6pm?......

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Local workers find it hard to have commitment knowing they can be replaced by foreigners anytime.

Foreigners are not committed in the first place and only think of how to escape before their son go NS or how to withdraw their CPF early and migrate to the West.

We end up with the worst of both worlds while the Ministers earn higher salaries than the US President.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They screw and tiew and kan us
And they wrote lies to whack us

STOP ALL THOSE FUCKING RUBBISH FROM THEM

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

hang them!!!!!!!!!!fark the PAP in the ass with a spiked dildo covered in barbed wire like the 2 dollar backstreet whore they are!!!!