• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sometimes I find it really hard to always hate LKY.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe not, but you just have to take a look at what Singapore achieved in the 20-30 years after separation to know that it was then the right decision.

So what has Spore achieved:confused:

Hundred of thousands of Sporeans have voted with their feet & left Spore. Many lead a hand to mouth existence indebted with large loans for cars & homes.

One faces the risk of impoverishment by the expensive healthcare system. There is a constant fear of losing one's job to a cheaper foreigner. If we get sick or lose our jobs we can't even touch out own CPF

We don't know how much LKY & family is worth but how can they pay themselves millions when the median salary for "lesser mortals" is only about $1,000:confused:

One only has to look at the number of foreigners willing to take up Spore citizenship. Do you see a rush:confused: Even LKY has said that Spore will eventually fail:eek:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Hundred of thousands of Sporeans have voted with their feet & left Spore. Many lead a hand to mouth existence indebted with large loans for cars & homes.

One faces the risk of impoverishment by the expensive healthcare system. There is a constant fear of losing one's job to a cheaper foreigner. If we get sick or lose our jobs we can't even touch out own CPF

We don't know how much LKY & family is worth but how can they pay themselves millions when the median salary for "lesser mortals" is only about $1,000:confused:

One only has to look at the number of foreigners willing to take up Spore citizenship. Do you see a rush:confused: Even LKY has said that Spore will eventually fail:eek:

I don't know where you get your figures from but all the data I've seen shows that Singapore is one of the most successful countries on earth.

Infant mortality rates are amongst the lowest in the world. Life expectancy is up there with the best. The Singapore dollar is strong. The GDP is the highest in Asia and growing. Unemployment rates are amongst the lowest in the world.

Just because a few losers have lost their jobs because they were useless in the first place or because some idiots bought cars they couldn't afford is hardly the fault of the country and its government. Individuals need to take responsibility for their own dumb decisions.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
have you been living on MARs?
learn to google if there is internet on your planet.
besides peace and stability, Singapore is also the world's fourth leading financial centre, and its port is one of the five busiest ports in the world
the standard of living is also much higher than alot of developed countries in the world,
and all these, has been achieve in a short span of time because of great leadership and foresight.

i have no doubt that the country will not be able to sustain the kind of growth she enjoyed after independence.
infact i already have a escape plan ...but to say that LKY didnt contribute to the growth of the country is ridiculous
give credit where is it due, mate.

Even LKY has said that Spore will eventually fail:eek:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore succeeded IN SPITE of LKY.
If you want to credit his contributions to our growth........then also calculate at what expense.
HK a place with similar background to us also flourished....in fact HK turned out much better......all without a 'great leader' like LKY.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Hk had abig brother " the UK" until 1997.
Do you not give credit to their big brother then?

Singapore succeeded IN SPITE of LKY.
If you want to credit his contributions to our growth........then also calculate at what expense.
HK a place with similar background to us also flourished....in fact HK turned out much better......all without a 'great leader' like LKY.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hk had abig brother " the UK" until 1997.
Do you not give credit to their big brother then?

If without LKY and his vile politics and selfish ambitions..........Malaysia could have been our big brother.
No doubt LKY did some good.....perhaps he was even a good leader but all the good already undone by him wanting to create a personal dynasty with himself as emperor.
If you scrutinized his policies.......many were fucked up that we are still feeling the ill effects to this day........he is definitely no visionary and not the superman leader he is made out to be.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
thanks for agreeing.nobody is saying LKY is god and noone is impeccabile..
you dont agreeing doesnt necessary means his policies were shit.
infact, most of the policies then were good. there are result to proved it..
it is not his fault that the younger guns cannot sustain the prosperity and bring sg to greater height.

No doubt LKY did some good.....perhaps he was even a good leader but all the good already undone by him wanting to create a personal dynasty with himself as emperor.
If you scrutinized his policies.......many were fucked up that we are still feeling the ill effects to this day........he is definitely no visionary and not the superman leader he is made out to be.

CarrotHead

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for agreeing.nobody is saying LKY is god and noone is impeccabile..
you dont agreeing doesnt necessary means his policies were shit.
infact, most of the policies then were good. there are result to proved it..
it is not his fault that the younger guns cannot sustain the prosperity and bring sg to greater height.

Good morning LKY supporter. Why are there so many dictator pics in this thread? :biggrin:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 1957, I was shitting into a bucket shared by 50 families that was cleared once every 24 to 48 hours. My bath water was collected by my elder brother from a standpipe 1km down the road. My mum used a charcoal iron and my dad had to pump up the kerosine lamps every night so his kids could do their homework.

Don't come and tell me and the thousands of others around me who lived without running water or electricity how "prosperous" we were because I don't need to watch videos. I have first hand experience.

Thanks to LKY, by 1967, I actually had a tap and an electrical socket in my new home.

By 1970, the gangsters who had extorted thousands of dollars from my uncle who owned a sundry shop were exterminated by the LKY government. The British forces did absolutely nothing to solve this problem. Neither did the Malaysian police between 1963 and 1965.

come on lah. use your brain a little bit.

let suppose you or me or anyone was the pm in the 50s and 60s.
we just got independent and our job is to make the place better than before.
you look around and see samleong shitting in a bucket , many were fetching water from well,
gangsters were having a field day. etc etc.
are you going to build house with bucket system and more wells ?
Lee did not specifically built the flushing toilet for you. it just happened when he built pigeon holes.
you wanted to provide jobs for sinkies , you just built factories.
all the were just the natural outcome of things.
if you built school , of course the educational level will be higher in later years.
you had to build school not because you are kind , it was because you are the PM.
you had to do something to show the sinkies.
if you or me was the pm , we would have done so too.
we couldn't be sitting down doing nothing right ?
what you have to ask is who benefited most from all these "effort" to make sillypore a better place.
are you 100000 times richer compared to what you had in the 60s ?
are you brothers , aunties , nephews having a very very good life now ?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe not, but you just have to take a look at what Singapore achieved in the 20-30 years after separation to know that it was then the right decision.

A short-term gain but now we are paying for it ....they need to bring in millions of foreigners to create a domestic market which they already had by remaining in Malaysia ...we are drinking sewage water because we don't have enough water ....we need to bring in cheap labour because we don't have enough people ....the list goes on.
The current and future generations are paying the price for LKY's decision to get out of Malaya.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Credit where it's due, that's what I believe in. Mr LKY had contributed the best part of his youth to leading this country from a slum to a developed country where everything works.

Despite some of the hard truths he has said in his various biographies and speech, there's always some truth which we would do well to take heed. But that said, as he becomes older, some of his words bothers on ridiculous. Best example being saying that Aljuneid GRC will have 5 years to repent if they voted for opposition, or something to that effect.

The current team of PAP leaders in my view are not like the old guards, they don't even come close to a pale reflection of the old guards. If the leaders nowadays were like or better than the old guards, why should people be dissatisfied and want a change? IMHO, the only reason why PAP still remain in power, is because there's a large proportion of middle class people who are afraid of changes, thinking that "things could get worse" without the PAP.

Wake up man! Things are progressively getting worse! We are nothing more than frogs in slowing boiling water. We don't feel it at first, but slowly and surely we get cooked to death.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
These fuckers in this forum curse and swear at the very man who is responsible for the comfortable lives they live today. While the PAP may not be perfect, you don't have to travel very far to see how easily Singapore could have ended up like the shit holes you see to the North and South of the Island.

One man made the difference and that man is LKY. He built the solid foundation upon which I built my own life.

the live of those in malaya , penang also improved what , as compared to those time in the 50/60s
so all the PM of malaysia are good people ?
why not compare sillypore with zimbabwe , nigeria ,the real shit holes. this will make your hero a saint.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Credit where it's due, that's what I believe in. Mr LKY had contributed the best part of his youth to leading this country from a slum to a developed country where everything works.

Despite some of the hard truths he has said in his various biographies and speech, there's always some truth which we would do well to take heed. But that said, as he becomes older, some of his words bothers on ridiculous. Best example being saying that Aljuneid GRC will have 5 years to repent if they voted for opposition, or something to that effect.

The current team of PAP leaders in my view are not like the old guards, they don't even come close to a pale reflection of the old guards. If the leaders nowadays were like or better than the old guards, why should people be dissatisfied and want a change? IMHO, the only reason why PAP still remain in power, is because there's a large proportion of middle class people who are afraid of changes, thinking that "things could get worse" without the PAP.

Wake up man! Things are progressively getting worse! We are nothing more than frogs in slowing boiling water. We don't feel it at first, but slowly and surely we get cooked to death.

All the weak leaders and the sheep electorate......they are all by products of LKY's legacy........the harm he did will last for decades after his death.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before LKY, my family lived in poverty with no running water and no electricity.

10 years after LKY came to power, we had become middle class.

20 years after LKY took office, I was a hot shot in an MNC.

30 years after LKY became PM, the house that I bought for $380,000 was worth $2 million and the SGD had gone from 3.8 ~ 1 USD to 1.4 ~ 1 USD

How can I not be grateful for what LKY has done for me.

YOU SHOULD BE MORE GRATEFUL TO THOSE BRAINLESS SILLYPOREANS who work like a slave and
begging to be shafted again and again. the best part is they even said THANK YOU SIR.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
why not compare sillypore with zimbabwe , nigeria ,the real shit holes. this will make your hero a saint.

If it weren't for LKY, Singapore would be even worse than those real shit holes. Singapore succeeded despite the odds being stacked against it because of the exceptional leadership qualities of LKY.

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
If without LKY and his vile politics and selfish ambitions..........Malaysia could have been our big brother.

yr argument is really one sided. anyone can tell that you just argue for the sake for wanting to condemn LKY.

the point here is not whether LKY is perfect a not but about his contributions.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yr argument is really one sided. anyone can tell that you just argue for the sake for wanting to condemn LKY.

the point here is not whether LKY is perfect a not but about his contributions.
you go measure his so called contributions to the damage he has done lor.......
History written by the victors..........
One example....The fact that we got the fast tracked FT policies now can also contribute to LKY's exceptional vision of stop at 2 campaign.........
If i am member of the Lee aristocrats i will no doubt worship him as god as he single handedly started the dynasty for his relations to enjoy wealth and privilege.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it weren't for LKY, Singapore would be even worse than those real shit holes. Singapore succeeded despite the odds being stacked against it because of the exceptional leadership qualities of LKY.

seems like you still don't get it or u are just burying you head in the sand , refusing to accept
fact and reason.
as said before , any PM would have done the same.
is it very difficulty to build factory , schools , pigeon holes etc ?
what odds are you talking about ? the people were against all these ?
they do not want your hero to build factories ?