• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So easy to be PR

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - So easy to be PR</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>AAAAAA50 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Mar-3 7:23 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 19) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>29509.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Folks may not know that becoming a PR is so easy - Any foreigner who is issued any kind of work permit, be it WP,SP or EP, can STRAIGHT AWAY also apply for PR and the approval process is less than 3 months.
No kidding.
So a total alien foreigner can land on Singapore's soil and become a PR in less than a month if his PR approval is quick, and straight away enjoy almost ALL of the privileges of a Singaporean.
He can straight away even buy HDB flats and attend subsidized courses, enjoy health care and education subsidies.
ALL WITHOUT GIVING UP HIS PASSPORT.
He can go back to his country ANYTIME HE CHOOSES after enjoying all the goodies and none of the obligations here.
Singaporeans, Singaporeans... All of you are SCREWED by the PAP and you all don't even know it!
ps: Let's remember the recent case of the "Graduate Marketing Manager" PR from China who was caught naked selling her body in a KTV who lied about her degree. This is the sorry state of affairs. Any tom, dick and harry can become a PR. Even hoodlums, economic refugees and prostitutes can be a PR on par with a singapore citizen!
Vote for PAP!

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 3/3/2010 10:48 pm by AAAAAA50</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometime people really want to misleading others to make people angry. I don't think so anyone can be PR in less than 6 month even if he invested $2million in Singapore.
All the paper work need at least 3 month from submiting PR form to approved.
Somemore anyone apply I think have to be staying in Singapore for a period of time , I not very sure how long maybe 6~12 month before can apply. Unless the person is very rich. Have more than $10 million in Singapore.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No you don't need to stay long.

I knew someone who was offer PR they beg him to take PR, and within 3 weeks the whole family got PR.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometime people really want to misleading others to make people angry. I don't think so anyone can be PR in less than 6 month even if he invested $2million in Singapore.
Somemore anyone apply I think have to be staying in Singapore for a period of time , I not very sure how long maybe 6~12 month before can apply. Unless the person is very rich. Have more than $10 million in Singapore.

You are incorrect. Once you have a job you easily apply to be a PR. We are the only country in the world that the the gahmen screws and despises its own citizens. Uniquely Singapore.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your information is outdated........ it is very easy to obtain PR status nowadays........ as long as you submit your application...... very likely it will be approved within 3 months....... that's how desperate they have become. :mad:

Singkieland PR is so cheap that they are lelong lelong it to any foreigner foolish enough to want to reside here. :(

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right.
Your information is outdated........ it is very easy to obtain PR status nowadays........ as long as you submit your application...... very likely it will be approved within 3 months....... that's how desperate they have become. :mad:

Singkieland PR is so cheap that they are lelong lelong it to any foreigner foolish enough to want to reside here. :(

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why gov/PAP so deperate for PR?
What do they gain?
Only one thing I can think of, PR have cantribution for CPF and gov need that money because CPF board are empty nest.
If not what else????

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
was thinking more about Scheme B. or the GIP thing.
http://www.contactsingapore.sg/GIP
http://app.mfa.gov.sg/generator/asppages/canberra/cs-pr-applypr.asp
1. Scheme for Entrepreneurs.

Entrepreneurs who have a good track record and who are interested to invest in Singapore may apply for PR under Scheme B. The applicant must deposit at least S$1.5 million with the Government. For further details of this Scheme, please liaise with the Singapore Economic Development Board at:

Immigration Facilitation Unit
Singapore Economic Development Board
250 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Tower #24-00
Singapore 179101
Tel: (65) 6336 2288
Fax: (65) 6339 6077

Alternatively, you could visit the Singapore Economic Board Website at http://www.sedb.com/ to find out more details regarding the above scheme.

on top of the cheaper labour FT we are getting in, there's also these lot of people coming in.

basically, the locals here are getting squeezed from both side. the bottom end and the higher end.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with this scheme which has be there for decades. Most countries have similar schemes. The eligibility criteria for citizenship for a PR is 1 year while it takes 5 years for UK etc. The one year is also a guideline. They can accommodate for less than a year.

PRs will tell you that they get 6 monthly mailers to remind them to apply similar to Citibank's reminders to upgrade credit line.

I remember this boastful PR that was attending a New Year function at someone's house and very proudly claimed that he was invited by the gov to apply for citizenship. Immediately couple of other PRs said that it was routine and they get the same mailers and its becoming junk mail. The guy was recent arrival and he was so embarrassed.

was thinking more about Scheme B. or the GIP thing.
http://www.contactsingapore.sg/GIP
http://app.mfa.gov.sg/generator/asppages/canberra/cs-pr-applypr.asp

on top of the cheaper labour FT we are getting in, there's also these lot of people coming in.

basically, the locals here are getting squeezed from both side. the bottom end and the higher end.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know a lady who got her PR within 2 ~ 3 weeks.

Came to SG from MY to study in a private business school, graduated and got a job in an European electronics firm and our I heard our great Goverment even tried to throw citizenship at her but was rejected outright.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know a lady who got her PR within 2 ~ 3 weeks.

Came to SG from MY to study in a private business school, graduated and got a job in an European electronics firm and our I heard our great Goverment even tried to throw citizenship at her but was rejected outright.

Just 2~3 week stay in Singapore can get PR. That really cheap. That mean citizen even cheaper because have to obey more rule and regulation. Some one must up this news to main stream news channel.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just 2~3 week stay in Singapore can get PR. That really cheap. That mean citizen even cheaper because have to obey more rule and regulation. Some one must up this news to main stream news channel.

I think she completed her degree before getting a work permit, starting work and getting her PR.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are incorrect. Once you have a job you easily apply to be a PR. We are the only country in the world that the the gahmen screws and despises its own citizens. Uniquely Singapore.

It is no longer UNIQUELY SINGAPORE, that is outdated...now they have changed it to YOUR SINGAPORE....what a load of crap!!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't forget citizens have to serve NS, or their children will have to serve NS too.

Singapore citizens serve NS to protect who?. The FTs and the PRs?. Who will have a headstart of at least 2 years while he is busy "protecting" them, while they take aways his jobs and laugh at him for being a Singapore citizen, how's that for reality.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like a woman desperate to get pregnant, house door open wide wide, free meals, and open leg wide wide...... "any rider" also can without protection.

At least professional hookers get paid after fark, this one pay to get fark:rolleyes:.....after that get bad mouthed by the farkers somemore:confused:.