• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Slashing @ IP School River valley high

jw5

Loyal
from msn.com:

Local news site Today reported that the prosecutor said the accused was previously a patient at the Institute of Mental Health when he was a Secondary 2 student. He had attempted to commit suicide at the time.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from msn.com:

Local news site Today reported that the prosecutor said the accused was previously a patient at the Institute of Mental Health when he was a Secondary 2 student. He had attempted to commit suicide at the time.

And he still managed to study at RV until Sec 4. Was that his willpower or the magnanimity of the RV school administration? Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
And he still managed to study at RV until Sec 4. Was that his willpower or the magnanimity of the RV school administration? Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between. :wink:

The government have done very poorly in monitoring the number and seriousness of people with mental illness wandering about the community.
Other than this case, I can also recall 2 quite recent cases where members of the public were seriously injured by people with mental illness. One was a lady who was just walking in a car park in Choa Chu Kang and attacked by a mental patient, and another was a guy who refused to buy cigarettes for a mental patient at a supermarket and was attacked by him.

The PAP have always been lacking in maintaining social justice, but this must really be a new low for them.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is my take on this since not much info from the authorities:

This kid is from PRC and parents are modestly rich PRC with businesses in China. They send their kid to study in Sg giving support in the form of money but not emotional support.
The intend is to make the kid a citizen of Sg so the parents can retire with their ill gotten gains in safe Sg.
So all these while the kids grows up psychologically traumatised and thus his record of IMH hospitalisation. Even with this condition, the parents refuse to bring the kid home to care for him.
It would not be a surprise the kid snapped to take revenge and shame the parents or gain attention for his suffering.
In my opinion the parents must be charged too for neglect.
If you were the parents of the victim, what would be your justice to this?

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
These crazy kukus will for sure have a record with imh, but act seemingly normal amongst us. Until life gets challenging for them(eg. Covid19). They should be sent to places like texas/india to survive on their own, sure kana shot within a month, otherwise they would commit suicide within 3 months of arrival. They do not have the capacity to think how their actions impact themselves n others around them. Because of their mental illness, they are entitled to kill others n get away with it. Horrifying.

the failure lies with MOH for having under invested in mental health care all these year. Woodbridge ran out of space decades ago. instead we spend on fucking vanity projects like GBTB and Jewel.

no fucking way our government is ready for 6.9 million population. bloody idiots in cabinet. get your fucking priorities right. why do you think the best and brightest have left Singapore?

I've been too kind to call them mediocre.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is my take on this since not much info from the authorities:

This kid is from PRC and parents are modestly rich PRC with businesses in China. They send their kid to study in Sg giving support in the form of money but not emotional support.
The intend is to make the kid a citizen of Sg so the parents can retire with their ill gotten gains in safe Sg.
So all these while the kids grows up psychologically traumatised and thus his record of IMH hospitalisation. Even with this condition, the parents refuse to bring the kid home to care for him.
It would not be a surprise the kid snapped to take revenge and shame the parents or gain attention for his suffering.
In my opinion the parents must be charged too for neglect.
If you were the parents of the victim, what would be your justice to this?

if you right, that is dam fucking sad.

RIP dear young man.

I would recommend all parents watch the movie "Let's talk about Kevin" which deals with the aftermath of a high school massacre from the point of view of the attacker's mother.

there is no justice. only loss and tragedy. sometimes there are no silver linings and the darkness of the abyss stares back at you.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the failure lies with MOH for having under invested in mental health care all these year. Woodbridge ran out of space decades ago. instead we spend on fucking vanity projects like GBTB and Jewel.

no fucking way our government is ready for 6.9 million population. bloody idiots in cabinet. get your fucking priorities right. why do you think the best and brightest have left Singapore?

I've been too kind to call them mediocre.

Soulless technocrats see citizens as nothing more than economic digits... and the defective ones, or those that don't fit in, are cast aside... like that battery cell scene in the Matrix movie. :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The government have done very poorly in monitoring the number and seriousness of people with mental illness wandering about the community.
Other than this case, I can also recall 2 quite recent cases where members of the public were seriously injured by people with mental illness. One was a lady who was just walking in a car park in Choa Chu Kang and attacked by a mental patient, and another was a guy who refused to buy cigarettes for a mental patient at a supermarket and was attacked by him.

The PAP have always been lacking in maintaining social justice, but this must really be a new low for them.

I have a serious mental illness but my hosting company has not stopped me from running this forum.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps the siaolang legal defense might be more effective if he had gone berserk and killed a large number of people randomly.

Because it's just one kid, the prosecutor might insist that there was some vendetta i.e. premeditated murder.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20210720_162754.jpg

IMG_20210720_162825.jpg