• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sinkie drivers as bad as ah tiong in ferraris

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
bloody idiot don't know how to drive end up killing innocent local. sinkies should stick to cycling.

Singaporean tourist arrested for killing man in New Zealand crash

An 82-year-old local was killed. Three other Singaporean tourists are believed to be critically injured, and were air-lifted to the hospital. -AsiaOne

Thu, Nov 15, 2012
AsiaOne

OTAGO, New Zealand - A male Singaporean tourist in New Zealand has been charged with dangerous driving causing death after one man was killed in the accident near the town of Clinton.

The unidentified Singaporean, 26, is accused of causing the death of Riverton resident Neville Westbrooke Squires, 82.

An accident had occurred on the afternoon of Nov 13, when the Toyota RAV the Singaporean man was driving collided with the car Mr Squires was travelling in.

All three passengers in the Toyota are believed to be Singaporean tourists and were seriously injured. They were taken to the hospital by helicopter.

The driver, who was arrested, is believed to be unhurt.

A Shin Min Daily report stated that the Toyota was travelling north on State Highway 1 when it tried to overtake a lorry by crossing over into the south-bound lane.

Mr Squires was sitting in the front passenger seat of a car on the south-bound lane at the time.

The road was closed off for investigations after the accident.

Dunedin police are appealing for eye witnesses to come forward with information.

[email protected]

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng also wonders how to prove unidentified drivers are Singaporeans? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst drivers on the road today are the taxis, BMW and sometimes Mercedes drivers. Often cutting abruptly w/o signaling.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The worst drivers on the road today are the taxis, BMW and sometimes Mercedes drivers. Often cutting abruptly w/o signaling.

I drive a 523i and I resent your sweeping remark. But truthfully, the worst drivers are those in Altis and Vios. :biggrin:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drive a 523i and I resent your sweeping remark. But truthfully, the worst drivers are those in Altis and Vios. :biggrin:

Not all BM drivers are rude of course but a good proportion are extremely arrogant. Perhaps you can go to your BM club and remind them to be courteous while driving.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Performance cars drivers are mostly rude drivers. purposely speed up to prevent other drivers from switching lanes and weave thru traffic machiam like stunt drivers in movie scenes. The worse are the towkay type drivers, drive their big mercs slowly at the first lane while talking over the mobile without a handfree.

kiacaren

Alfrescian
Loyal
An accident had occurred on the afternoon of Nov 13, when the Toyota RAV the Singaporean man was driving collided with the car Mr Squires was travelling in.

All three passengers in the Toyota are believed to be Singaporean tourists and were seriously injured. They were taken to the hospital by helicopter.

Lucky not KIA. Otherwise will sure kana suan one.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Performance cars drivers are mostly rude drivers. purposely speed up to prevent other drivers from switching lanes and weave thru traffic machiam like stunt drivers in movie scenes. The worse are the towkay type drivers, drive their big mercs slowly at the first lane while talking over the mobile without a handfree.

Nonsense. Those who drive REAL performance cars are generally good drivers - the bad ones cannot afford one.
When a good driver weave in and out your lane in a performance car you won't even feel it, it disappears in a flash. What you saw are probably performance cars wannabe like BMW318, BMW320... these cars are far slower than Honda Civics and Kias.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trouble with many Sinkies is lack of driving experience on 2-way single lanes speedway.
In the 80s we were mostly trained driving to Malaysia. A substantial stretch of the road up north have only one lane in each direction and you will find yourself stuck behind convoys of lorries quite often, forcing you to learn to overtake with danger of high speed vehicle coming head-on.
Now the whole journey is on multi-lanes highway... no more training ground.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The trouble with many Sinkies is lack of driving experience on 2-way single lanes speedway.
In the 80s we were mostly trained driving to Malaysia. A substantial stretch of the road up north have only one lane in each direction and you will find yourself stuck behind convoys of lorries quite often, forcing you to learn to overtake with danger of high speed vehicle coming head-on.

tampine link, the road single lane and have construction vehicles regularly. good place to train.

as for real or fake good performance car drivers, having a good car does not mean u shd weave in between traffic. one mistake can cause major accidents.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree but the main reason is their arrogance. I drive in NSH and the local malaysian drivers give way all the time when you signal. the only time on NSH when a driver don't give way is probably a sinkie driver. worse is when they speed and think like they own the road. no wonder so many of them died there. accidents are nature way of getting rid of these buggers.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't mean to get personal, but I agree that Beemer drivers are generally inconsiderate roadusers. They think the roads people drive on are racing tracks, weave in and out of traffic instead of staying in their lanes, overtake like they have some important meeting to attend, and worse of all think the whole world is watching and admiring them because they're in the Ulitimate Drving Machine, totally living their egos. Better to switch to a sensible road car like an Altis or Vios.

Cheers!