• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singapore unsolved big crimes

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suspect the dad's half brother or some close relative went into business or money quarrel! During that time, chinese guy got two three wives so got alot of half brothers and half sisters! Their dad shld be owing money or some illegal things related and being a cb then the murderer threat him killing his kids!

He chose not to reveal who he had quarreled with him as during that time people are also quite naive or the murderer would also reveal his illegal activities and also would get him into trouble! The murderer would have gone to msia by then!

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thot that one solved already? being married to the right people... only thing unsolved for me is how they handpicked her out of the thousands of other potentials...

The selection process also involved DNA testing to ensure no more albino baby. About 60 candidates were handpicked from the various depts.

I was told a number of them when they discovered the actual scheme, they felt so disgusted, they backed out.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is another murder case not so well publicied along Macpherson Road

next to SPC

the victim attended the same school as me

she was 1 year my junior

I think she was Sec 2 at that time

her parents owned a small provision shop

that morning, she jaga the shop

and 1 lone robber robbed the shop and killed her

mata din manage to solve the case

now the shop is a Spa, corner unit

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted by
u/MimjamBimbam

2 years ago

[Unresolved Murder] Possible development in the Geylang Bahru Tan sibling murder case?
renderTimingPixel.png

Unresolved Murder
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I did a quick skim of the sub and found no topics regarding this.

About two years ago on this sub a write-up regarding the Geylang Bahru case was made. In short, the case regarded the murder of four children in the Geylang Bahru area of Kallang, Singapore. The children, aged 5 to 10, were attacked and brutally murdered while their parents were out of the house working at their transport business. Two weeks after the murder, a letter disguised as a New Year's gift card was sent to the parents, reading "now you can have no more offspring ha-ha-ha" in Mandarin and was signed "the murderer". The letter referenced the mother's previous sterilization, which was a secret only close friends and relatives would have known. Police investigation concluded that the perpetrator must have been someone who knew the family intimately.

More detail can be found in the write-up linked and the comments on that post, but the detail of focus for this post is the man known as "Uncle", who briefly was considered as a suspect when he was detailed by a taxi driver that picked him up and subsequently identified off of the description by the father. The taxi driver described him as having bloodstains on his left side and that he carried a knife with him on the morning of the murder, before the parents arrived home. He was close to the family, as he reportedly was a neighbor who visited them nearly every day. After questioning, however, it is reported that he was cleared of suspicion and let go.
The possible development comes from a commenter on a Youtube video from about a year ago covering the details about the case. Video can be found here, and the comment is one of the highest rated ones, easily found by scrolling down:
The comment is from someone who's mother grew up in that area of Singapore when she was young, and her mom's statement possibly sheds light on the true suspect of the case. The comment reads as follows. Take note that English is most likely not the commenter's first language, and as such there may be grammatical or general linguistic errors throughout.

"I live in Singapore and my mum lived at Geylang bahru when she was young. This is what she told me: She said "everyone in the area knows it was their uncle who murdered the kids. Their parents was supposed to buy some 4D (local lottery where you bet on 4 numbers) for the uncle. When the number the uncle picked came up as a winning, he went over to the Tans to collect his money but was told by them that they had forgotten to buy the lottery for him, He was angry and didn't believe them.

When the Tans bought the mini school buses to operate their transport business,It confirmed in his mind that they had kept his winnings to themselves. So he murdered their kids as a revenge to end their bloodline as he knew Mrs Tan had sterilisation done (In east Asian culture, not having an offspring to continue your bloodline is a family shame) and he knew the kids would open the door for him when he visits like they often do"

As for why Mr and Mrs Tan would not report the uncle is apparently they were involved in drug activities and the uncle is in a street gang. If the Tans were to report the uncle to the police, he might "rat" them out and they would get arrested. Dealing drugs in Singapore gets you the death penalty even till this day. No neighbours would report the uncle for fears of being a target of a gang, Which explains why no one is willing to provide any information to the police and also that granny so happen to be "washing her hair"'

The last sentence in the comment refers to a woman who would have normally noticed someone entering the family's home, as she usually sat out in the hallway in the morning, but said that she was "washing her hair" on the morning of the murder to the authorities, and as such didn't see anything.

The validity of this comment is definitely something to be cautiously suspicious of, but there is always the possibility that this story is true, and that, despite "Uncle" being cleared of suspicion, he is the true perpetrator of the murders in an act of revenge.
If this theory has been debunked, please inform me and possibly provide an explanation or link to the evidence that proved this theory to not be the case, I would greatly appreciate it.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Murder of Kelly Tan (1980). Kelly Tan and James Soh were chatting on the spiral steps of the Amber Beacon Tower at East Coast Park.
As they were chatting,James recalled seeing 2 men walk upstairs.Suddenly,the couple was attacked from behind. James was knifed in the back while Kelly
was stabbed in the neck,below the ear.
They managed to make their way to a nearby restaurant for help.James survived the ordeal but unfortunately Kelly died before the police arrived.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The selection process also involved DNA testing to ensure no more albino baby. About 60 candidates were handpicked from the various depts.

I was told a number of them when they discovered the actual scheme, they felt so disgusted, they backed out.
As usual, I have to thank you for the behind the scenes look that outsiders can never get a glimpse of. :thumbsup::notworthy:

That DNA testing may have seemed like a good idea, but in practice it would have ensured the final selection would all be mercenary people. People with ethics or strong moral convictions would definitely not accede to such testing. Good job own goal pre-selecting the most mercenary candidates.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
old fark insisted that his ah kwa son must marry that Ho Jinz

cos old fark super pang tan

cos these 2 fuckers pak zi jin compatible
is that the reason? use astrology also no use. cannot cure fate of a person. knn he insist on son taking over is destroying his own creation. sibei wasted.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Curry Murder (1984). Ayakanno Mrimuthu,a live-in caretaker of Changi chalets,was reported missing by his wife,Naragatha Vally Ramiah.
2 years later ,the leading investigator received a tip-off that the disappearance was actually a murder and intensive probes by the CID led to 8 suspects being captured -Naragatha being one of them.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 42 years without a lead, the 1979 Geylang Bahru murders case was revived, thanks to a neighbour who decided to share new information.

We revisit the chilling case that saw 4 young siblings brutally killed in their own home. Full story here: https://mustsharenews.com/geylang-bahru-murders/

Follow Mustsharenews.com for more videos like this.