• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore, another town of china!!

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, Singapore has lost out on the oppportunity to embrace multiculturalism and enter the 21st century. All over the developed world, their populations are becoming more diverse, and their societies are benefitting greatly from the cultural melting pot of people from Europe, Asia, Africa, US etc, and have a great variety of cultures, views, accents. These different cultures intermarry and the resulting mixed children are all so unique and special.

I do not know about you, my previous company had an unusually high number of mixed-marriages, Indian-chinese, Chinese-caucasion, Indian-caucasion... even malay-indian are common sight now. SG-thai, SG-Vietnam are also on the rise, according to last-week newspapers

But in Singapore, they want to promote homogeniety and thus encourage only immigration from China. What is happening is that the PRCs are cleaning out Singapore society and not adding anything unique or special to it. It will become just another city of China, or a vassal state of China. [/COLOR]

Why single out PRCs? Indians, bangladesh, thai plus other 20-plus nations all add to the mixed-pot society of SG.

You want unique and special? what about having some fanatic Iran/Taliban to roam around Orchard Road carrying rambo-style machine guns?

SG has been a chinese-majority society for a very long time. regardless PRCs are coming to SG or not.

By the way, many SG family can easily factually claim that once upon a time , their father, or father's father ,or father's father's father was PRC too.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last time immigrants come here as coolies, build this country from scratch, set up family here, create our own culture/food/Singlish etc. Whether you like it or not, these are still uniquely Singapore, something which we can identify with and we still feel at home here even if you think its not the same anymore.
Are you really ignorant or trying to kid the idiots here? You think our ancestors came to Singapore to build a country and a home here? Come on... they came to make money. Most still regarded China as their homeland.

Too bad, many did not manage to return to China and so their decedent settled down here... and so here we are!!

:biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time immigrants come here as coolies, build this country from scratch, set up family here, create our own culture/food/Singlish etc. Whether you like it or not, these are still uniquely Singapore, something which we can identify with and we still feel at home here even if you think its not the same anymore.
Are you really ignorant or trying to kid the idiots here? You think our ancestors came to Singapore to build a country and a home here? Come on... they came to make money. Most still regarded China as their homeland.

Too bad, many did not manage to return to China and so their decedent settled down here... and so here we are!!

:biggrin:

obviously u didn't read about Chinese history..depending on the year.

generally, most of them come to SEA because of the following reasons.

1. escape the communist regime, because of persecution.
2. famine and drought brought by stupid mao agriculture planning.
3. escape from jap occupation.

most came to SEA just to look for a rice bowl.

money? what money?

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think SG can find common ground in US/UK/OZ when they migrate there? Where they can criticise/protest the leader/government openly.

Beating up foreign students (especially Indians) in OZ is real, and action to stop/prevent it is slow. This is racist!

That is the ugly result when immigration is overdone, it is just that most people in SG are like sheep which is why this does not happen in SG. The ones who love the PAP are the ones who will not find any common ground overseas and they behave like sheep whether in SG or overseas.

People migrate for many reasons. education, health, retirement and etc... To migrate overseas on the ground of politic/freedom is way too exagerated. Maybe TangHL plus some ex-politicians could rightfully say so.

Since when have I ever said I migrated for political reasons? I said I left Singapore because I can no longer find any meaning on why I should stay.

Do you feel pressured to drop your root/culture (whatever it is) in your host country?
You think China Chinese impose their culture over ours? in what way? corruption? bad manner? bad fashion taste?

No I don't. When you have a large enough group of immigrants who view SG as a temporary work location, they are not going to make any effort to adopt practices of the locals (not the bad practices of course) and they will just behave as they did in their home countries.

If you cant handle non-SG around you in SG, how can you handle an even bigger non-SG around you outside SG?

In the US/western countries, army service/ voluntary community service/ neighbourhood service and etc.. are part of the social life, can you hack it?? Or you prefer to stick to your feel-good, same-race group of buddy everyday and spend you free-time complaining about SG?

Again, you are mistaken. I did not leave because I feel bitter about anything. I left because I don't feel the connection with SG anymore for which I do pin the blame on PAP. The only connection I have left is the family and friends in SG. Voluntary service only comes about when you feel a connection with the community, I certainly don't feel that in SG, that is why I am looking elsewhere for that. I don't stick to the same race but I would say that it is certainly easier to befriend other Asians due to my age and being more of an introvert but that is just me. I don't know why you are bringing all these topics up. I am guessing you have a deep inner fear of starting a new life in another country.

Unfortunately, in the last 200 years, only those countries that accept immigrants remain/become the most vibrant / economically strong nations.

Yes, they became strong but at whose expense? Also, could you explain why these strong countries are now no longer allowing free immigration into them? Do they not wish to remain strong?

Please also do the quoting properly so that it is easier to reply to you.

Last edited:

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, many SG family can easily factually claim that once upon a time , their father, or father's father ,or father's father's father was PRC too. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Old Plaza, you sound like a man with many issues. Either that or you are a PAP sympathiser.

However, just to set the record straight, our ancestors who came to Singapore before WWII were not PRC. They were simply Chinese. Make sure you observe this distinction.

There is a difference between Chinese and PRC. PRC were brought up in a communist system and had their minds poisoned.

The PAP is just trying to maintain a racially homogenous culture because they cannot deal with ruling other cultures. Despite Vietnamese refugees turning up at our doorstep in the 1970's, they were never allowed to settle here. Despite Thai's, Banglas, Indonesians, Filippinos, Burmese etc coming to Sinagpore, they were never offered citizenship like the PRC's.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, many SG family can easily factually claim that once upon a time , their father, or father's father ,or father's father's father was PRC too. [/COLOR]

There is a difference between Chinese and PRC. PRC were brought up in a communist system and had their minds poisoned.

Hi Bro, you are dead right..having work and do business in PRC for over 14 years..when I first step foot on china..I got a culture shock, why??THEY WERE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE MY GRAND FATHER AND MOTHER, AND MY PARENTS ARE!!!!!!!!they had lost a lot of the fine chinese culture and ethics..instead theeir mind were instilled with what THE COMMIE THINKS IS RIGHT OR WRONG ,..not the traditional right or wrong our granny taught us..
THEY SIMPLY DO NOT RESPECT LAW..TRUST NOBODY..SABOTAGE WHENEVER THEY NEED TO GET WHAT THEY WANT..EVEN THEY DONT DESERVE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
now over 15 years..the last 2 generation gradually learn to be civil minded..law abiding..BUT WITH CORRUPTION SO DEEP ROOTED..they simply go to back door to PAY AND GET THINGS DONE...

SO IT WAS VERY WRONG TO SAY THAT THESE NEW PRC IMMIGRANTS ARE LIKE ARE GRANNY GENERATION..
FAR FROM IT....THEY WILL GO AGAINST ANYTHING,,DO ANYTHING TO GET WHAT THEY WANT..RIGHTFULLY OR WRONGFULLY!!!!!
THEY NEED 10 TO 20 YEARS TO LEARN OUR WAYS.........
COMMUNISM AND MAO TZE DONG HAD WRECH HAVOC TO THE CHINESE AND CULTURE IN CHINA...WE ARE THE VERY LUCKY CHINESE STOCK THAT OUR GRANNY FLED HERE AND REPROCREATE WITH THE GOOD OLD CHINESE CULTURE INTACTS.......[ THE TOP FEW % OF THE SCHOLARS AND CREAM OF THE PRC SOCIETY ARE EXCEPTIONS.]

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the ugly result when immigration is overdone, it is just that most people in SG are like sheep which is why this does not happen in SG. The ones who love the PAP are the ones who will not find any common ground overseas and they behave like sheep whether in SG or overseas.

You think you are the ONLY ONE special, who grow up in SG clean and strong, other SG are all dirt and stupid?

Since when have I ever said I migrated for political reasons? I said I left Singapore because I can no longer find any meaning on why I should stay.

Exactly what I said, I doubt very few of those SG emigrants left for this reason.

No I don't. When you have a large enough group of immigrants who view SG as a temporary work location, they are not going to make any effort to adopt practices of the locals (not the bad practices of course) and they will just behave as they did in their home countries.

We have a large number of people to take up citizenship everyyear. As far as I know, they have to spend a large number of years (5 years ?), gainfully employed and etc..

Again, you are mistaken. I did not leave because I feel bitter about anything. I left because I don't feel the connection with SG anymore for which I do pin the blame on PAP.

Let us know your host country, and we can compare how it stakes up against PAP. Obama? George Bush? Kevin Rudd? Tony Blair?

The only connection I have left is the family and friends in SG. Voluntary service only comes about when you feel a connection with the community, I certainly don't feel that in SG, that is why I am looking elsewhere for that.

You must be living in some very special 'place' and working in a very special 'company', where/when you were so surrounded by those 'unwelcome foreigners' all the time until you broke down. I thought you are 'introvert?

I don't stick to the same race but I would say that it is certainly easier to befriend other Asians due to my age and being more of an introvert but that is just me. I don't know why you are bringing all these topics up. I am guessing you have a deep inner fear of starting a new life in another country.

I can have my 'new life' in SG, by changing my lifestyle, if I want.

Yes, they became strong but at whose expense? Also, could you explain why these strong countries are now no longer allowing free immigration into them? Do they not wish to remain strong?

Anyone can walk in and out of the country without restrictions? OZ/US allows refugees/politic prosecuted... (even though they come from very 'different cultute/skin colours/religion..' than traditional Europeans).

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal

before these new immigrants, we lived in kampung, grew durians/rambutans, played tops... now we live in HDB, learn English but speak Singlish, play nitendo.. it is a journey we take in the past 40 years .. and the next 40 years, we evolve, we change, with new lifestyle.

SGP can spend xxx years growing in SG and choose to leave for greener pasture, new immigrants may come for money, but instead choosing to stay for education, culture, environment and etc.. same mo, same mo.

So? people stay for many reasons, people leave for many reasons.

Last edited:

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Plaza, you sound like a man with many issues. Either that or you are a PAP sympathiser.

Anyone holds a different view from yours, has many issues and a PAP sympathiser?

However, just to set the record straight, our ancestors who came to Singapore before WWII were not PRC. They were simply Chinese. Make sure you observe this distinction. There is a difference between Chinese and PRC. PRC were brought up in a communist system and had their minds poisoned.

So?? Indians brought up in crate/class system, MY/Indo brought up in muslim(anti-chinese) system, OZ/UK/US in white supremecy.. do these make them a bad immigrant?

The PAP is just trying to maintain a racially homogenous culture because they cannot deal with ruling other cultures.

Friend, they are many Indian immigrants/workers coming in this country. what say you?

Despite Vietnamese refugees turning up at our doorstep in the 1970's, they were never allowed to settle here. Despite Thai's, Banglas, Indonesians, Filippinos, Burmese etc coming to Sinagpore, they were never offered citizenship like the PRC's.

legal and systematic immigration can be done in a phased, controlled fashion. Refugees can quickly overwhelm the immigration process very quickly. At that time, SG probably did not have enough resources, money, jobs to accomodate them. Even today, many Viet immigrants in US/OZ are still not fully absorbed or 'localised' into the main stream.

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?t=536&highlight=bank+china

180px-Bankofchina-sg.JPG

PRC Bank Exec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happen to be at waterloo street doing some bank transaction yesterday lunch time, was told by the counter staff to wait for 15min to half an hour. Went out for a quick puff and saw this gal leaning on my car talking on her phone. The moment she lift up her head, I was WOW..... Not bad leh. She smile back and say sorrie, I told her to carry on leaning in a joking way. We chatted awhile and got to know that she just arrived 3 weeks ago working at the Bank which I just went. So I try to date her out for a drink and she say OK (My Lucky Day).

Pick her up after her work at 5.30pm and we went downtown for dinner. I was trying my best to test water (NO LUCK). We headed to Boat Quay for a drink after dinner and I told myself this time DIE DIE also must ask. All of a sudden, she burst into tear (ALCOHOL EFFECT), saying she misses her parent. I try to console her and told her not to think so much. Time passes and we are now more open up, I pop up the question to her:

Me: Why dun you try to earn more money while you are in SG?
She: How to?
Me: Do part time lor.
She: What is part time?
Me: Must I go into detail, then you can understand.
(Slient for a while) and (Burst into laughter)
She: How much am I worth in your eye.
Me: Hard to say, depends on how good are you.
She: How much do you want to give me, if I say OK to you.
Me: 150 lor (Man Ego).
She: If I am good to you, you give me more is it?
Me: Let see how good are you.
Me: How???
She: Can try. Is it now?
Me: Now lor. If not when?
She: Where?
Me: I bring you there.

10.45pm we check into a hotel at chinatown and the rest is story.....

Name: Txxx Xxxx
Look: 7.5 (Young office exec look)
Stats: 34B / 24 / 34 (I think so)
BBBJ: Yes for me
FJ: 9 (good moaning)
Painting: Yes for me
CIM: No
AR: No
AJ: No
Attitude: Very anticipating
Damage: 150 / 1shot
Overall: Good
RTF: Yes for sure (Bonking a Bank Exec)

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same lah, my HK/asian friends plus some unknown/no-name westerners always criticise our gum-ban, restricitve politic, dull lifestyle, non-creativity, submissive, pro-western..

Hi Bro, you are dead right..having work and do business in PRC for over 14 years..when I first step foot on china..I got a culture shock, why??THEY WERE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE MY GRAND FATHER AND MOTHER, AND MY PARENTS ARE!!!!!!!!they had lost a lot of the fine chinese culture and ethics..instead theeir mind were instilled with what THE COMMIE THINKS IS RIGHT OR WRONG ,..not the traditional right or wrong our granny taught us..
THEY SIMPLY DO NOT RESPECT LAW..TRUST NOBODY..SABOTAGE WHENEVER THEY NEED TO GET WHAT THEY WANT..EVEN THEY DONT DESERVE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you find HK/MY/Indo/Taiwan chinese share the same value/lifestyle/ethic like SG chinese? Do your SG neighbours behave/eat/work like yours?

now over 15 years..the last 2 generation gradually learn to be civil minded..law abiding..BUT WITH CORRUPTION SO DEEP ROOTED..they simply go to back door to PAY AND GET THINGS DONE...

SG act nice? wait until you see SG drive to Johor, that is when true-colour prevails.

SO IT WAS VERY WRONG TO SAY THAT THESE NEW PRC IMMIGRANTS ARE LIKE ARE GRANNY GENERATION..
FAR FROM IT....THEY WILL GO AGAINST ANYTHING,,DO ANYTHING TO GET WHAT THEY WANT..RIGHTFULLY OR WRONGFULLY!!!!!
THEY NEED 10 TO 20 YEARS TO LEARN OUR WAYS.........

Your way? Tell me what is so 'good' about your way? You never cheat, break rules, sleep around..

COMMUNISM AND MAO TZE DONG HAD WRECH HAVOC TO THE CHINESE AND CULTURE IN CHINA...WE ARE THE VERY LUCKY CHINESE STOCK THAT OUR GRANNY FLED HERE AND REPROCREATE WITH THE GOOD OLD CHINESE CULTURE INTACTS.......

THE TOP FEW % OF THE SCHOLARS AND CREAM OF THE PRC SOCIETY ARE EXCEPTIONS.

So only the educated, rich and famous are 'good chinese' in PRC, anyone else are corrupted rats as you make them out to be?

Derrick

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Since when have I ever said I migrated for political reasons? I said I left Singapore because I can no longer find any meaning on why I should stay.

Again, you are mistaken. I did not leave because I feel bitter about anything. I left because .....]

Does it matter for what reason you migrated ? By doing so you just became the same kind as those you're condemning for coming to Singapore. As with you, they all had their reasons for abandoning their home country ...

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banking Grapevine:

Profile of BOC Accounts Relationship Mgr

EXPERIENCE
Jan. 2002 – Dec. 2005 Bank of China, Singapore Branch

Account Relationship Manager – Corporate Banking Department

 Liaise with arrangers on syndication loans deals;
 Information gathering, assessing and analysing of macro economy, industry, multinational corporates etc.
 Prepare and present of credit proposals;
 Prepare annual review reports for existing portfolios;
 Draft various reports to Head Office;
 Draft, edit and finalise credit manual of the department in Chinese (over 120 pages)
 Translate credit manual of the department into English.

Sep. 1998 - Dec. 2001 The Kwangtung Provincial Bank
Singapore Branch
(KPB merged with Bank of China since
1 Jan.2002)

Senior Officer – China Business Department

 to build and expand customer base;
 to minimise problem loan facilities, increased interest income by 30% within year of 1999;
 to go on business trips whenever necessary;
 handling perplexing projects which involved in legal procedures;
 to draft reports to Head Office;
 to communicate well with senior managers and junior staffs.

EDUCATION
1982–1986 Northwest Normal University, Lanzhou, China
B.A., English Language & Literature.

1990–1991 Gansu International Trade Institute, Lanzhou, Chin

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone holds a different view from yours, has many issues and a PAP sympathiser?

However, just to set the record straight, our ancestors who came to Singapore before WWII were not PRC. They were simply Chinese. Make sure you observe this distinction. There is a difference between Chinese and PRC. PRC were brought up in a communist system and had their minds poisoned.

So?? Indians brought up in crate/class system, MY/Indo brought up in anti-chinese-bias system, OZ/UK/US in white donimating society.. do these make them a bad immigrant?

The PAP is just trying to maintain a racially homogenous culture because they cannot deal with ruling other cultures.

Friend, they are many Indian (togetehr with a lot of non-chinese background) immigrants/workers coming in this country. what say you?

Despite Vietnamese refugees turning up at our doorstep in the 1970's, they were never allowed to settle here. Despite Thai's, Banglas, Indonesians, Filippinos, Burmese etc coming to Sinagpore, they were never offered citizenship like the PRC's.

legal and systematic immigration can be done in a phased, controlled fashion. Refugees can overwhelm the immigration process very quickly. At that time, SG probably did not have enough resources, money, jobs to accomodate them. Even today, many Viet immigrants in US/OZ are still not fully absorbed or 'localised' into the main stream.

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
Name: Txxx Xxxx
Look: 7.5 (Young office exec look)
Stats: 34B / 24 / 34 (I think so)
BBBJ: Yes for me
FJ: 9 (good moaning)
Painting: Yes for me
CIM: No
AR: No
AJ: No
Attitude: Very anticipating
Damage: 150 / 1shot
Overall: Good
RTF: Yes for sure (Bonking a Bank Exec)[/QUOTE]

WOW! you really know how to spot opportunity, sweet talk and score big. you are SG idol.

What about going to Aghanistan/Pakistan and sweat talk Osama out of his cave, and make US20 millions from uncle Sam.

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal

So?? Indians brought up in crate/class system, MY/Indo brought up in anti-chinese-bias system, OZ/UK/US in white supremecy.. do these make them a bad immigrant?

Friend, they are many Indian immigrants/workers coming in this country. what say you?

legal and systematic immigration can be done in a phased, controlled fashion. Refugees can quickly overwhelm the immigration process very quickly. At that time, SG probably did not have enough resources, money, jobs to accomodate them. Even today, many Viet immigrants in US/OZ are still not fully absorbed or 'localised' into the main stream.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it matter for what reason you migrated ? By doing so you just became the same kind as those you're condemning for coming to Singapore. As with you, they all had their reasons for abandoning their home country ...

So what is your point, little boy? Please check through all my posts and see if I have ever blamed the immigrants for coming to Singapore. I may not think highly of many of them but that does not mean I deride them for wanting to come to Singapore.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think you are the ONLY ONE special, who grow up in SG clean and strong, other SG are all dirt and stupid?

Not really, but Singapore being a small place, it is extremely hard to avoid these people on a daily basis. They appear on this forum in huge numbers as well.

Exactly what I said, I doubt very few of those SG emigrants left for this reason.

Your point being? I have never said people leave Singapore because of PAP.

We have a large number of people to take up citizenship everyyear. As far as I know, they have to spend a large number of years (5 years ?), gainfully employed and etc..

Again, what is your point? The entire populations of third world countries are probably dying to migrate to US or some other first world country as well. I have nothing against people wanting to come to Singapore, you seem to be unable to understand simple sentences.

Let us know your host country, and we can compare how it stakes up against PAP. Obama? George Bush? Kevin Rudd? Tony Blair?

It is not difficult to find that out but you are probably too busy defending PAP to do that. Why is it about PAP? I have said that I left because I simply could no longer relate to most people/things/places (a lot of my memories have been wiped out) in Singapore (that includes you probably).

You must be living in some very special 'place' and working in a very special 'company', where/when you were so surrounded by those 'unwelcome foreigners' all the time until you broke down. I thought you are 'introvert?

Do you know what introvert means? If you don't, you can ask LKY, he is one as well (or at least he claims he is one). No, I didn't live/work under such 'special' circumstances and I didn't break down but I do hope that you will not find yourself in that situation one day.

I can have my 'new life' in SG, by changing my lifestyle, if I want.

By all means, please go ahead, I am not really interested in how you live your life. But for others, they may be more adventurous and wish to find out what living outside Singapore is like.

Anyone can walk in and out of the country without restrictions? OZ/US allows refugees/politic prosecuted... (even though they come from very 'different cultute/skin colours/religion..' than traditional Europeans).

Hahaha, why don't you try that out and then come tell us how easy it is?

Before I end, I would like to say that the word nation in Chinese is 国家. Without the word 家, the nation falls apart and is just a country. Why is this important? Because every Singaporean has been led to believe that we have been trying to build a nation for the last few decades.

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading all the argument here reminds me of a story my lau pa used to tell me abt 2 nomads who happened to stumble upon a house and both claiming it belongs to them and finally tried to refuse the other one to own it. The funny thing is, the owner of the house was sound asleep in his house.