• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore, another town of china!!

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i like china products ...

seahorse mattress more comfortable than other brand's mattress costing as much ... i will only buy seahorse from now on ...

lenovo laptops are good, & the service centre's technician, a chinaman no less, is helpful ...

my frens & i would rather patronise those steamboat shops set up by china people cos the servings are generous, the condiments have variety ... an entire fillet of fish to barbeque youself, platefuls of sukiyaki beef free-flow ... better than those franchise food outlets by locals - high prices, low quality, tiny portions ...

i grew up using china products i don't deny - 'white rabbit' sweets, 'great wall' brand pencils, 'long-march' brand hardcover schoolbags, lao fuzi comics ... im sure many here of my generation know what these are ...

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our ancestors left the place because it was a screw-up. Now, we're importing those 'screw-ups' to sustain our existence/balance in the country...

Excuse me!! For most of us, our ancestors came from which country huh?

Then we are complain simi lan cheow?

So ironic!

:o:o

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
[/SIZE]

ok correction! and here goes:

Food Court staff, 60% from China, 15% India, 10% Filipina, 8% Indonesia, 6% Malaysian, 1% Singaporean.

Coffeeshops and retail shops, 60% from China, 15% India, 10% Filipina, 8% Indonesia, 6% Malaysian, 1% Singaporean.

Geylang hookers, 70% from China, 10% Thailand, 10% Indonesia, 8% Malaysia, 2% Filipina

In future, what you will see next:

SAF, 60% Singaporeans, 40% China

Singapore Parliment, 80% China, 10% Malaysian, 5% India, 4.9% Filipina, 0.1% Singaporean
the PAP will have the greatest regret 10 to 20 years on..bcos..the PRC are all revolutionist and non-conformist..unlike the very tame and subservient sinkies...they stage protest every now and then..whacked police..burtn down gov buildings...
when these new PRC citizenz got the right to vote..they will form new political party to ursurp the PAP.....so sinkies just sit and watch......PAP will regret like hell............

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
the PAP will have the greatest regret 10 to 20 years on

The PAP now is not like the PAP of the early years. I don't think they will be regretting once they have earned enough. The only one who I think may regret is LKY, if he is still around then. Once the new immigrants take over control, do you think they are going to honour and respect LKY at all?

Too much immigration in too short a time period wipes out a country's roots and history. It is akin to an invasion. Just ask the American Indians or the Australian Aborigines (and maybe those who were living in Singapore before the British arrived to set it up as a colony).

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I happen to have some business with one of the biggest china local producer changhong and we are chit chatting about representing them in singapore market.
I say that CH is a local china brand and thus if we introduced in singapore, people might not like it. Afterall , singaporean only like japanese or korean brand. Well, he just laugh out loud and say," Now from the 4.8m popluation, i think 2.0m is from china, so its the same as some of the town in china. So no worry, all the 2m know CH very well. You can assure they will give u business in singapore"
I was totally speechless and nothing to say..

National Language of Sg is now Putonghua.

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
I happen to have some business with one of the biggest china local producer changhong and we are chit chatting about representing them in singapore market.

You 'happened' to have a business dealing with one of the BIGGEST china producers in ChangHong? Are you sure? Are you one of the BIGGEST buyers in SG ?

I say that CH is a local china brand and thus if we introduced in singapore, people might not like it. Afterall , singaporean only like japanese or korean brand. Well, he just laugh out loud and say," Now from the 4.8m popluation, i think 2.0m is from china, so its the same as some of the town in china. So no worry, all the 2m know CH very well. You can assure they will give u business in singapore"

If he knows SG well enough he would not need you.

If SG likes Jap and Kor why you try to bring in unfit/mismatch business into SG? Want to lose money?
By the way, US/European are buying China products right and left, you think they are stupid or just not as smart as you?

I was totally speechless and nothing to say..[/QUOTE]

Just a small dose of of joke/teasing is already making you speechless, how to do business in China/SG? please pick up some communication skills and do not blame others for your shortcomings.

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP now is not like the PAP of the early years. I don't think they will be regretting once they have earned enough. The only one who I think may regret is LKY, if he is still around then. Once the new immigrants take over control, do you think they are going to honour and respect LKY at all?

Would you complain and compalin if the immigrants are caucasians?

Too much immigration in too short a time period wipes out a country's roots and history. It is akin to an invasion. Just ask the American Indians or the Australian Aborigines (and maybe those who were living in Singapore before the British arrived to set it up as a colony).

What roots? As a chinese in SG, our culture is a mixture of chinese, western, malay and Indian (especially food).

In OZ/US (today) approx. 20% of the population are oversea born. By 2050, whites will become minority in US.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would you complain and compalin if the immigrants are caucasians?

Of course, unless you are happy that Singapore reverts to being a British colony again? Besides I am not complaining, I have already voted with my feet because Singapore no longer holds any meaning for me (and because there are too many idiots like you who are willing to sacrifice anything for some crumbs from the PAP). I am only posting here because I sympathise with those suffering under the draconian laws imposed by the PAP goons.

What roots? As a chinese in SG, our culture is a mixture of chinese, western, malay and Indian (especially food).

In OZ/US (today) approx. 20% of the population are oversea born. By 2050, whites will become minority in US.

You already said it is a mixture, that mixture is not found in China or India. Would the new immigrants be interested in events leading up to present day Singapore? Just like the previous immigrants would not be interested in events before 1819, the new immigrants would probably not be interested about the history of Singapore before 1990. Sure, I can accept that there will be people willing to embrace the influx of foreigners, but how about those who want the chance to build a Singaporean identity (this will never happen with the influx), are these people not Singaporeans too?

Do you even understand the difference between a projection and reality? A projection is just a prediction. It may or may not happen and it takes place in the future. Not to mention that those countries you listed have huge land mass and they are absorbing a lower amount of immigrants in percentage terms than Singapore! The reality now is that every 1 in 3 persons on the street in Singapore is a foreigner. For the working population, it is 1 in 2. It is not that I do not like foreigners, but having too many of them means that we are forever an immigrant society and this will erode any sense of belonging. Good if you are rich and only care about money but for those not so well-off, their country no longer feels like home.

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal

You 'happened' to have a business dealing with one of the BIGGEST china producers in ChangHong? Are you sure? Are you one of the BIGGEST buyers in SG ?

Did your mother teach you to write in a polite way? Yes, i " Happen " to be one of the biggest importer from SG. We buy from the top brand like Hiar, TCl, CH and re-export to different market. if your mind is only thinking of being the biggest buyer in SG, it just show how that you not being out of singapore market.

If he knows SG well enough he would not need you.

If SG likes Jap and Kor why you try to bring in unfit/mismatch business into SG? Want to lose money?
By the way, US/European are buying China products right and left, you think they are stupid or just not as smart as you?

Do you read what people write before you reply? In any word did i say i am bring in his brand? i comment that SG is not for China brand at the moment as SG is too small mkt. US/Euro market is big enough, not SG. Usually if we are not experience in certain market, the best way to save face is keep your mum shut.

I was totally speechless and nothing to say..

Just a small dose of of joke/teasing is already making you speechless, how to do business in China/SG? please pick up some communication skills and do not blame others for your shortcomings.[/QUOTE]
Sometime i wonder what you mean on this? The speechless mean that i am shocked to hear something about SG from the view of the chinese. We continue to closed the deal after it. Have you been in business or just a jobless guy trying to offend everyone?

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, unless you are happy that Singapore reverts to being a British colony again? Besides I am not complaining, I have already voted with my feet because Singapore no longer holds any meaning for me (and because there are too many idiots like you who are willing to sacrifice anything for some crumbs from the PAP).

Only the smart people like you are good enough and smart enough to emigrate to overseas. I am an idiot and willing to sacrifice to stay in SG. Please help us understand your new host country and how it offers you meaning to your once-miserable life.

I am only posting here because I sympathise with those suffering under the draconian laws imposed by the PAP goons.

Please-lah, you are NO saint here. I hope that you enjoy your new-found freedom in the host-country. Please do not look back, let us RIP, afterall what happen to SG is very much SG's business now. We end up sink or swim, who knows

You already said it is a mixture, that mixture is not found in China or India. Would the new immigrants be interested in events leading up to present day Singapore? Just like the previous immigrants would not be interested in events before 1819, the new immigrants would probably not be interested about the history of Singapore before 1990. Sure, I can accept that there will be people willing to embrace the influx of foreigners, but how about those who want the chance to build a Singaporean identity (this will never happen with the influx), are these people not Singaporeans too?

How can a new immigrant like you contribute to the identity of your new host country without eroding their current identity? Let us know

Do you even understand the difference between a projection and reality? A projection is just a prediction. It may or may not happen and it takes place in the future. Not to mention that those countries you listed have huge land mass and they are absorbing a lower amount of immigrants in percentage terms than Singapore! The reality now is that every 1 in 3 persons on the street in Singapore is a foreigner. For the working population, it is 1 in 2. It is not that I do not like foreigners, but having too many of them means that we are forever an immigrant society and this will erode any sense of belonging. Good if you are rich and only care about money but for those not so well-off, their country no longer feels like home.

I do not know if you are 1 or 2 or more generation SG. As far as I know, ever since day 1 Raffles stepped foot in this country, SG has never stopped getting Chinese/Indians into this country. Our first generations of ministers were mostly none-SG born. many teachers/workers were non-sg. Many companies were non-SG. We even use 'english' (that is 100% foreign to all of us) as our common language. If you now in OZ/UK/US, take a hard look around, there are poor people too, especially those immigrants/none-white.

Last edited:

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometime i wonder what you mean on this? The speechless mean that i am shocked to hear something about SG from the view of the chinese.

What was so shock about this? China chinese are always shocked to hear about our views about them. Do not tell me if you are 100% on the ball on every details about china.

We continue to closed the deal after it. Have you been in business or just a jobless guy trying to offend everyone?

I do not know about what kind of busines you are at with china chinese. I have done many business dealings with HK/Twn/Ch/MY chinese in the past, we always laughed/teased about ourselves how little/twisted we know about each other. No shock, no offense, just some silly stereotype jokes.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have not lived under the communist regime. The PRCs that come in the 90s have quite different thinking, even LKY admitted that Chinese Singaporeans can no longer find any common ground with the PRCs by the 60s.

This forum is open to everyone, why should I stop posting just because you say I should. You are happy with your situation in SG but I am sure there are many others who are not, why else would so many wish to emigrate?

I never said I can immediately immerse myself in the culture of my new country, but at least I do not try to impose my culture over that of my host country. If SG does not offer any meaning to its citizens, please tell me, what else can it offer? If the roots to tie citizens to SG are destroyed, then there are many other countries that offer more than SG and people will not have any desire to remain in SG and no amount of NS is going to change that, in fact, NS will just make it worse.

It is true that we are an island of immigrants, I have never advocated that we close our doors completely, what I am questioning is the frenetic pace of allowing in new immigrants.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have not lived under the communist regime. The PRCs that come in the 90s have quite different thinking, even LKY admitted that Chinese Singaporeans can no longer find any common ground with the PRCs by the 60s.

This forum is open to everyone, why should I stop posting just because you say I should. You are happy with your situation in SG but I am sure there are many others who are not, why else would so many wish to emigrate?

I never said I can immediately immerse myself in the culture of my new country, but at least I do not try to impose my culture over that of my host country. If SG does not offer any meaning to its citizens, please tell me, what else can it offer? If the roots to tie citizens to SG are destroyed, then there are many other countries that offer more than SG and people will not have any desire to remain in SG and no amount of NS is going to change that, in fact, NS will just make it worse.

It is true that we are an island of immigrants, I have never advocated that we close our doors completely, what I am questioning is the frenetic pace of allowing in new immigrants.
you are very spot on
1] these new immigrants.be it PRC or Indians..they have grown up in a TOTALLY different culture and socio-political fabric..eg.the PRC NEVER respect the laws and orders.why??bcos the commie gov officials NEVER law-abiding..everybody seek backdoor and personal influence to lean on..and they think IT IS PERFECTLY OK ..
could they fit themself well in our country?????????this is just one aspect..they need probably 2 generation to do so.
2] They came from a much more homogeneous society, unlike in sinkapus..we have somehow..inter-act. and came off with a rather unique ROJAK singapus cultyre..though, each race still retain certain uniqueness of their mother culture...BUT for the new PRC or INDIANS..they have never go through our integration process!!!!!!!!again 2 generation for them to learn to blend in with our socio-culture.....
Coversely..the locals now are having to meet and learn to live with these new immigrants......and naturally fell very uneasy..some will think, we just settle down with a nice mix of unique culture and suddenly we need to face with UNINVITED NEW STRANGERS WHO CAME TO CLAIN EQUAL RIGHTS AND EXERTIONS ONTO THE LOCAL.
the pace of intake is just too fast for many to adjust...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i like china products ...

seahorse mattress more comfortable than other brand's mattress costing as much ... i will only buy seahorse from now on ...

lenovo laptops are good, & the service centre's technician, a chinaman no less, is helpful ...

my frens & i would rather patronise those steamboat shops set up by china people cos the servings are generous, the condiments have variety ... an entire fillet of fish to barbeque youself, platefuls of sukiyaki beef free-flow ... better than those franchise food outlets by locals - high prices, low quality, tiny portions ...

i grew up using china products i don't deny - 'white rabbit' sweets, 'great wall' brand pencils, 'long-march' brand hardcover schoolbags, lao fuzi comics ... im sure many here of my generation know what these are ...

YEAH! MY MOTHER AND FATHERLAND!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FQFEDdaG64o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FQFEDdaG64o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, I think it may be too late to stop the tide now. If we want to reverse the trend, there will be an extremely painful period. PAP realises this as well but they have gotten on the tiger and they are finding it difficult to dismount from the tiger.

We have a foreign population of about 1.8M. Assuming that 1.5M are working adults and 1M have CPF accounts with an average amount of $30K (I think this is on the low side). If just 20% of the 1M leaves Singapore permanently, there will be an outflow of $6B, and we have not taken into account the loss of consumer spending and the sale of properties. While I do not have the exact figures, I dare say that the economy will suffer a terrible loss if just 10% of the 1.8M foreigners were to leave Singapore permanently.

All the logic from the PAP about foreign workers being used as a buffer during good times and bad times is just bullshit. They have gone in way too deep to extricate themselves. The only hope is that they do not dig a deeper hole by increasing the foreign population further but this may mean that the economy will remain stagnant.

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, Singapore has lost out on the oppportunity to embrace multiculturalism and enter the 21st century. All over the developed world, their populations are becoming more diverse, and their societies are benefitting greatly from the cultural melting pot of people from Europe, Asia, Africa, US etc, and have a great variety of cultures, views, accents. These different cultures intermarry and the resulting mixed children are all so unique and special.

But in Singapore, they want to promote homogeniety and thus encourage only immigration from China. What is happening is that the PRCs are cleaning out Singapore society and not adding anything unique or special to it. It will become just another city of China, or a vassal state of China.

Truly sad.

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you think SG can find common ground in US/UK/OZ when they migrate there? Where they can criticise/protest the leader/government openly.

Beating up foreign students (especially Indians) in OZ is real, and action to stop/prevent it is slow. This is racist!

People migrate for many reasons. education, health, retirement and etc... To migrate overseas on the ground of politic/freedom is way too exagerated. Maybe TangHL plus some ex-politicians could rightfully say so.

I never said I can immediately immerse myself in the culture of my new country, but at least I do not try to impose my culture over that of my host country.

Do you feel pressured to drop your root/culture (whatever it is) in your host country?
You think China Chinese impose their culture over ours? in what way? corruption? bad manner? bad fashion taste?

If SG does not offer any meaning to its citizens, please tell me, what else can it offer? If the roots to tie citizens to SG are destroyed, then there are many other countries that offer more than SG and people will not have any desire to remain in SG and no amount of NS is going to change that, in fact, NS will just make it worse.

If you cant handle non-SG around you in SG, how can you handle an even bigger non-SG around you outside SG?

In the US/western countries, army service/ voluntary community service/ neighbourhood service and etc.. are part of the social life, can you hack it?? Or you prefer to stick to your feel-good, same-race group of buddy everyday and spend you free-time complaining about SG?

Unfortunately, in the last 200 years, only those countries that accept immigrants remain/become the most vibrant / economically strong nations.

Last edited: