• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shortening of NS is not in tandem with admission to Uni

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can fellow netizens throw more light on this matter.

NS was shortened from its original 2 1/2 years to 2 years in 2004. However, I understand the universities and other higher institutions of learning did not bring their admission forward. This had resulted in NS men who had completed their serivice waste about 6 to 9 months before they can enter univeristy. (Of course those who afford can proceed overseas.)

I got this information from my kopitiam khakis. Is there any truth in this.
If this is a fact then heads must roll.:wink:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid PAP government I say to you now .
You use National Service to exploit NS men and make them appear stupid .
But you just make our NS men tired and driveless .

And justify the influx of FTs into Singapore .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can fellow netizens throw more light on this matter.

NS was shortened from its original 2 1/2 years to 2 years in 2004. However, I understand the universities and other higher institutions of learning did not bring their admission forward. This had resulted in NS men who had completed their serivice waste about 6 to 9 months before they can enter univeristy. (Of course those who afford can proceed overseas.)

I got this information from my kopitiam khakis. Is there any truth in this.
If this is a fact then heads must roll.:wink:

This is a non-question and non-issue. There're NS intakes in Mar., Jun., Sep. and Dec. and accordingly NS ORD months. What's there to bring forward or accommodate for universities? Favor Mar., Jun. Sep. or Dec. intakes? Or blame their parents for mistimed copulation and conception and delivery? Or wait, let's see, get universities to have four intakes per academic year too, well?

Want to question or oppose government polices, please question or oppose logically. Thanks.

Last edited: