• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shanmugam's lawyer send letter to Alex Au, attempt to trace Scroobal unsuccessful

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_IMAGES_TWALEX15-D7Q.jpg

Cabinet Minister K. Shanmugam on Tuesday sent a lawyer's letter to well-known blogger Alex Au, asking him to remove from his website allegedly defamatory comments about the minister.

Mr Au did so by last night, saying he took the Foreign Affairs and Law Minister at his word.

In possibly the first legal action here by a politician against online media contributors, Mr Shanmugam's letter to Mr Au on Tuesday was headlined Defamatory Statements Published On yawningbread.wordpress.com .

The website is his blog address and the comments in question were made by Mr Au last Thursday when he criticised the mainstream media's treatment of opposition MP Yaw Shin Leong and his alleged extramarital affair.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shanmugam so free ah? After teaching US how to fuck, now back in Singapore fuck bloggers fuck forummers ah?
Got attend MPS or not? Must remember! His job is to serve the people to prove his worth, not by suing people. :oIo:

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be even more inetersting if the nick is his own name, the name of his wife or that of his ex-girlfriend.

Scroobal, you think they could already know who you are but just waiting for the right time to nail you? With your intimate knowledge of govt and pappies, surely they must have an inkling? Like the more you spill, the more clues you leave behind?
Or they are just afraid to haul you up because you will reveal much more to their regret...hahaha...
Anyway, keep it up, I think I speak for many to say that SBF would be much less interesting without you.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he is in opposition camp, do you think he will be so tempted to sue? he is not the only one, the last time, i saw my mat mp, he also said the same thing, ask me to sue. suka suka sue...:rolleyes:
these pple in power always think they sure win like that, oh, i forgot, that is s'pore law hor...

looks like he won't be long in the cabinet, if there is nothing to hide, just clarify lor...very difficult to speak the truth meh?:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shamugam lawyer letter really scares the shit out of Dr Joseph Ong. TRE busy deleting comments abt shanmugam, and had asked readers not to comment about him any more. Dr Ong and other TRE members are really shitting in their pants right now, volunteering to do self-censorship, hoping not to receive Allen & Glenhill's letter. :rolleyes:

1537jsy.jpg

tre has also advised ppl not to visit sammyboy and register an account here.

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok.. now occupy top three

http://www.google.com.sg/trends/hottrends?sa=X

1. scroobal
2. foo mee har
3. yawning bread

4. singapore airshow
5. malaysia super league 2012
6. total defence day
7. lemon law singapore
8. ming bridges
9. nus plans mass student walkout
10. nick vujicic married
11. crohn’s disease
12. mai samui beach resort spa
13. restaurant week singapore
14. airshow 2012
15. lionsxii
16. far east flora
17. airasia promotion
18. airasia booking
19. singtel
20. bangkok bomb

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Golden Dragon,

I share your view here. :wink:

The intend is not about suing Scroobal. If that is so,there is no necessity to mention about not able to trace Scroobal and sue him in a lawyer letter to another person, Alex Au. He is just using Alex Au as the platform of PR measures to send warnings to others from repeating the allegations.

Of course, in that letter, as PR measures, didn't even mention what allegations it means...

Goh Meng Seng

Smart move. By remaining silent, doesn't look good for Shan. What's next? Take legal action. Coz he is innocent? Or coz the IDs of 'offenders' not traceable? Or, even if traceable, need not go further? Win-win. Damage control. No wonder he is Law minister.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is hard to find out the forummer's identity unless the admin agrees to so.

I have no clue regarding anyone's identity either. Unless a member signs up with an identifiable email address, I'm none the wiser.

Those who post exposés invariably go through anonymiser gateways which means I don't even have a clue which country they're connecting from.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
OK now who started this blog. It's full of vicious lies. Please own up like a man. I wouldn't have a clue it existed but because of all the furore, curiosity got the better of me and I started researching this debacle.

NamQiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Golden Dragon,

Goh Meng Seng

Originally Posted by GoldenDragon
Smart move. By remaining silent, doesn't look good for Shan. What's next? Take legal action. Coz he is innocent? Or coz the IDs of 'offenders' not traceable? Or, even if traceable, need not go further? Win-win. Damage control. No wonder he is Law minister.

I also agree with GD. :wink:

You said you know me, so for years now, you still dare not take legal action against me for exposing your adultery. No legal action only mean one thing: you are guilty of adultery, and you dare not sue me becos you are afraid more skeletons will be dragged out from the closet, especially your Macau "holidays" :wink: Send my regards to your PRC mistress in hainan island.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are really not worth the effort, not even the money on Bygone for insects like you. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

I also agree with GD. :wink:

You said you know me, so for years now, you still dare not take legal action against me for exposing your adultery. No legal action only mean one thing: you are guilty of adultery, and you dare not sue me becos you are afraid more skeletons will be dragged out from the closet, especially your Macau "holidays" :wink: Send my regards to your PRC mistress in hainan island.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suing for defamation not only depends on content, intent but also damage caused. If you call someone an insect, adulterer or whatever derogatory whether true or not, but nobody believes you, and that someone maintains his social and economic status and credibility, there's no point suing for defamation since there's no damage caused, however malicious your intent may be. I've attended GCT v. JBJ 1997 and George Carmen QC used that argument to reduce the damages claimed from S$2m to S$20k since PAP actually increased their popular votes to about 70% even when GCT as PAP leader was accusing JBJ of calculated political defamation. It could have been nothing if not for JLJ scoring about 45% in Cheng San GRC and an NCMP seat gained taken into consideration as unduly affected advantage.

Last edited:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me think this is also shot across bow to get the people in senior civil service to tow the line. If you cull all of Scroobal's post, plot all the data point, dates, people mentioned you can likely determine the period and level that he was at. I think Scroobal is likely someone quite senior within the establishment. Then you compare the writing style .....

Scroobal very well knows this and perhaps he was working for the police or internal security establishment at one time and so likely have a few back up skeletons to throw out just in case they come knocking. Would not be surprised if he were some ex-police now happily retire in Australia/New Zealand. Good luck trying to trace him then.

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
杀一儆百

It is more than that which is supposedly to scare people in SBF and TRE not to fuck the PAP too often.

Tell Sham-arse to enjoy his obscene minister paychecks, perks and fat bonuses, while he can cos he may not be MP for this GRC anymore come GE2016 or PAP might be opposition party. Old fart will be dead soon and how can an incompetent Proxy Pinky PM ( say sorry 3 times) lead PAP and Singapore.

When Sham-arse is not MP anymore after 2016 this shit will haunt him back. If I were him 'act blur' is the best option. Try intimidate netizens will get more flames than ever.

Golden Dragon,

The intend is not about suing Scroobal. If that is so,there is no necessity to mention about not able to trace Scroobal and sue him in a lawyer letter to another person, Alex Au. He is just using Alex Au as the platform of PR measures to send warnings to others from repeating the allegations.
Goh Meng Seng

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
[SIZE=+1]foo mee har[/SIZE]

<tbody>
</tbody>
[SIZE=-1]Hotness: Mild[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]

Related searches:
scroobal, lemon law, shanmugam affair, scurrilous

Peak: