• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shameful for SG dont know Anthem, Pledge

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Shameful for SG dont know Anthem, Pledge</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:45 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18715.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Shameful that some Singaporeans don't know National Anthem and Pledge
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to last Saturday's letter by Mr Low Wee Meng, 'How about it?', in which he urged the telcos to SMS the National Pledge to subscribers so they can recite it at 8.22pm on National Day.
I hope the telcos will not accede to this request as sending these messages will not only incur expenditure in time and money, but also jam networks.
But I fear Mr Low is right that many Singaporeans cannot remember the Pledge. Not only that, many do not even know the words of the National Anthem, its title or meaning, and treat these two icons of our country with frivolity.
This is a sad state of affairs that has persisted for many decades and needs to be corrected.
It is shameful that many people do not know the National Anthem and Pledge. I notice that many schoolchildren do not take singing the National Anthem or saying the Pledge seriously, treating it as a joke. This is disgraceful. Parents, schools and national service leaders should instil in our youth the pride of country and its icons.
If people are really proud of Singapore and happy to enjoy the benefits of living here, the least they can do, besides national service and resolving to defend the country, is to know the Anthem and Pledge, which house the values of the country.
Murali Sharma

[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
"什么鸟national pledge吗?
用新加坡公民权办迁证方便多了!
Hoohahahahaa..."
gong-li-picture-2.jpg

"What pledge nah?
I only verk for 2 more years
then I will go to Boston
and open curry restaurant.
Tell me, why choot SCV don't
show cricket matches nah??"
istockphoto_4810319-indian-it-professional.jpg

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
"We want red passport because
our villages are flooded again"
workers_back_from_malaysia_20090406.jpg

"National pledge? 我会:
做个好公民 hey
每天要自强 hey"
xin_541201291120007115385.jpg

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Who cares about the
fucking pledge?
I'm only here to escape
from the mortgage crisis
and my 3 ex-wives in US."
img_11.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sharma? is it a malay

well if malaysian army going to invade, she will be the first to sabot the defence system. harry lee is right, they cannot be trusted with our defence.