• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Mothership journalist Candice Cai ordered dinner via delivery for a weekend & it felt more worth it than eating out

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
candice-cai.jpg

deliveroo-1-dollar-delivery.jpg

https://mothership.sg/2024/10/deliveroo-delivery-1-dollar-singapore/#author

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
It can only be cheaper than eating out if the stall or restoran sell it cheaper to deliveroo then deliveroo sell it a little higher to her.
Would the restoran do this?

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
my late grandpa always tell me when i was young not to eat so much outside food because the sodium content of outside food is very high. a human being cannot consume more than 2500mg of sodium a day. that's a teaspoon of salt (sodium chloride).

ingredients like seafood (prawns, crab) and meat have natural sodium too in their meat. outside food still add a lot of salt to season it plus all those salt in sauces and condiments.

sooner or later, many singaporeans will develop high blood pressure because excess sodium consumption means water retention in the body and increases BP tremendously and over time will lead to heart diseases and stroke which will kill....

cook at home with fresh ingredients too.

things like instant noodles are full of sodium...

Take for example this new instant noodle product from Nissin and 328 Katong Laksa.

image.png

Look at the amount of sodium it has in the nutrition info..

Nutritions​

Average quantity per serving [120g]​

Energy2290kJ (550kcal)
Protein10.7g
Total fat27.2g
Saturated fat: 13.6g
Carbohydrate64.4g
Sugars: 8.2g
Sodium2860mg

Just one serving of 120g u already consume 2860mg of sodium far exceeding your daily limit of sodium intake!!!! It's crazy...

For those who already diagnosed with high BP, your daily intake of sodium should not exceed 1500mg. This product will kill you faster than you think....

Last edited:

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
singaporeans eat out too often and hence many people have exceeded their daily sodium intake. plus those stupid food youtubers glorify all these high sodium foods and influence many many people to eat all these outside food.

i am not surprised that there are many stroke and heart attack cases. some are caused by covid virus, others by vaccines, but surely, if you look closely at the sodium intake of singapore people, most of them don't even watch out for sodium intake....SODIUM CAN KILL AS EFFECTIVE AS SUGAR, COVIDVIRUS, AND VACCINE.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeans eat out too often and hence many people have exceeded their daily sodium intake. plus those stupid food youtubers glorify all these high sodium foods and influence many many people to eat all these outside food.

i am not surprised that there are many stroke and heart attack cases. some are caused by covid virus, others by vaccines, but surely, if you look closely at the sodium intake of singapore people, most of them don't even watch out for sodium intake....SODIUM CAN KILL AS EFFECTIVE AS SUGAR....
This is true. Most people just watch out on sugar intake and overlook sodium, including myself.

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
This is true. Most people just watch out on sugar intake and overlook sodium, including myself.
Sodium is equally dangerous like sugar. Can food is really bad because of high sodium. It is OK if one eats them once in a while, but I see my frens all like eat Luncheon meat, sausages when they order fried beehoon for breakfast everyday... surely will regret when they are older because their tongue by then would lose the ability to suss out sodium and their body will demand more sodium...then get high blood pressure, then it becomes a bit late to correct because the body will crave for the sodium...very hard to change also because they grow older....

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sodium is equally dangerous like sugar. Can food is really bad because of high sodium. It is OK if one eats them once in a while, but I see my frens all like eat Luncheon meat, sausages when they order fried beehoon for breakfast everyday... surely will regret when they are older because their tongue by then would lose the ability to suss out sodium and their body will demand more sodium...then get high blood pressure, then it becomes a bit late to correct because the body will crave for the sodium...very hard to change also because they grow older....
Luncheon meat and sausages are the most demanded for any bee hoon stall for workers at any age , especially those in industrial estates.

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
Luncheon meat and sausages are the most demanded for any bee hoon stall for workers at any age , especially those in industrial estates.
these will result in unnecessary medical costs for them in future.

BTW, I suffer from low blood pressure sometimes as low as 90/55. So I am not worried about sodium...sometimes when my watch or BP set shows low BP, I have to eat salty stuff to up my BP if not, I feel dizzy. Sometimes, I just make salt water to drink to up my BP or borrow a cigarette to smoke from my housemate to increase my BP. Damn sian one because my body naturally has low BP.....:frown:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
these will result in unnecessary medical costs for them in future.

BTW, I suffer from low blood pressure sometimes as low as 90/55. So I am not worried about sodium...sometimes when my watch or BP set shows low BP, I have to eat salty stuff to up my BP if not, I feel dizzy. Sometimes, I just make salt water to drink to up my BP or borrow a cigarette to smoke from my housemate to increase my BP. Damn sian one because my body naturally has low BP.....:frown:

You're so lucky to have naturally low blood pressure, making you immune to getting high blood pressure and all the medical problems that come with it, eg. kidney failure, stroke, heart attack, etc. As you age, (when normal people will suffer from high blood pressure), in your case your blood pressure will just gradually normalize. Congrats!