• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Iris Koh & Raymond Ng have their case against HSA struck out, begin crowdfunding to cover the $12,000 they were ordered to pay in costs

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
460526877_10161416959362819_3839629715968094267_n.jpg

Iris Koh

Dear friends and supporters,
I wanted to update you on the outcome of our Judicial Review against the Health Sciences Authority (HSA). Unfortunately, our case has been struck out based on the issue of standing. While the judge agreed that we have a Public Right for this JR, we were unable to adequately address the point about "special damages." As a result, the judge ruled that the case did not have sufficient merit to proceed. The judge however also said that this case is susceptible to JR.
Despite this setback, we've learned a great deal from this experience about the complexities of pursuing a Judicial Review. This knowledge will be invaluable as we consider future actions to uphold public rights.
Lesson 1: Bar for striking out is high.
Lesson 2: Bar for JR is even higher.
The process and lessons learnt will help us prepare for the next JR.
We have been ordered to pay $12,000 in costs to the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) as a result of this lawsuit. I humbly ask for your support to help us cover these costs. Any contribution you can make would be greatly appreciated.
If you are willing to assist, please PayNow to 98291678 with the reference "JR Costs."
In the coming weeks we will be organsing events to update on the various lawsuits and anyone who support our JR Costs can come for the event for free and receive materials from our JR lawsuit.
Even though we lost this lawsuit, for the record, www.igotmyshot.sg was taken down shortly after we began litigation. This site heavily uses different celebrities to promote vaccination.
In any case, we did what we could to the best of our abilities given the limited resources and I know that we can only improve along the way.
Thank you for your continued support and belief in our cause.
Iris Koh

PS.
My defamers are criticizing me for the $12k to pay for AGC Costs. It's ok. I'll just sue them so I can pay for it instead.

https://www.facebook.com/iriskoh

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/HPA2007-S333-2016?DocDate=20210217#pr4-

For the record, 4n of the Advertisement of Health Products Act. Therapeutic Products include Vaccines.

Are other clauses being violated too?

As of yesterday, supporters gave $1960 for the HSA lawsuit re $12,000 fine to the AGC

If you wish to support, you can paynow to 98291678 (JR Costs)

Contrary to rumours and gossip, when I asked for support, I usually end up having to top up for the costs personally, many times we do not hit the target also.

The good thing about the HSA JR lawsuit is that there are no lawyer fees. Imagine having to pay lawyer fines and the costs. We also learnt a lot from this JR lawsuit so we will do better next time. The AGC won cos they know the law better than us. Not because the court is unfair. But laws need improving, so that "busy bodies" who are actually concerned citizens with vested interest in this country can keep the government and government agencies in check especially for matters concerning public health that affect all of us.

Of all the different types of lawsuits, the JR is definitely one of the most challenging because of the amount of work and thinking involved.

I thank Raymond (who did the bulk of it) and a small research team, a few pro Bono lawyers for giving us some valuable advice and tips.

Sadly, usually the probono lawyers don't want to be named as it is still a stigma to sue the government agencies.

But our democracy must evolve. And lawsuits improve the country and help civilization to be better.

Imagine a world, where you don't get slandered and fake news and misinformation are kept to the min because people know how to take legal action to correct such fake news.

COVID-19 and vaccination was the best example how the power of the media was being abused to the detriment of society, using celebrities and those who could emotionally influence people to by pass their logical minds and reasoning and to take an unproven, experiment injection.

We must do better.
Laws are there to safeguard society and when they are being violated, every citizen has the right to uphold them.

We may appeal against the judgement as it is the right of every citizen to uphold the law and to ensure that our safety and rights to a safe country, rights to life is not being violated.

If you would like to step forward to join our legal research team or join our volunteer team or support our efforts in any way, please reach out to our admins.

The country only progresses when we all have a voice, come together and participate in keeping the government and its agencies in check.
FB_IMG_1726812205637.jpg

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear friends and supporters,
I wanted to update you on the outcome of our Judicial Review against the Health Sciences Authority (HSA). Unfortunately, our case has been struck out based on the issue of standing. While the judge agreed that we have a Public Right for this JR, we were unable to adequately address the point about "special damages." As a result, the judge ruled that the case did not have sufficient merit to proceed. The judge however also said that this case is susceptible to JR.

Raymond should get a lethal shot first. That will cure the issue of "standing". He will then have acquired a personal interest instead of having to rely on public interest. The latter is the one that caused him to not have "sufficient standing" to pursue the matter.

If they do not have a sufficient standing to pursue the matter, then of course they don't have sufficient right to seek "special damages". However, they were unable to adequately address the point of "special damages" is NOT lethal to the case. The case was stuck out based on the issue of standing, not special damages.

If Raymond had taken a lethal shot, he would have had personal interest in the matter, and he would have been more than capable to address the issue of special damages.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raymond should get a lethal shot first. That will cure the issue of "standing". He will then have acquired a personal interest instead of having to rely on public interest. The latter is the one that caused him to not have "sufficient standing" to pursue the matter.

If they do not have a sufficient standing to pursue the matter, then of course they don't have sufficient right to seek "special damages". However, they were unable to adequately address the point of "special damages" is NOT lethal to the case. The case was stuck out based on the issue of standing, not special damages.

If Raymond had taken a lethal shot, he would have had personal interest in the matter, and he would have been more than capable to address the issue of special damages.
Alternatively, Iris can register "Healing the Divide" as a NGO and use NGO to file a judicial review.

This will give it the "standing" to seek the Court to review a government policy.