• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Gang warning: "Sham"mugam 新官上任三把火

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Golden Dragon:

The situation now is just short of total madness. Three or four gang fights in two weeks. What the fuck is law enforcement up to?

You have said it right, the youngsters today react differently. I call them silver spoon gangsters. Why? Because they fight not over ricebowl or territory, they fight over fucked up issues that the olden days gangsters will never dream of fighting over.

These youngsters want glory, you said it right, they should all be caned to the max. Let them learn that "glory" means you walk into jail with one butt, you walk out without.

CLTP was relatively useful in the past coz the traditional SS and triad chaps feared the said Act. These youngsters today may react differently. For all you know, they look forward to being detained under CL to enhance their status immediately. So, instead of CLTP deterring them, like it deterred some old timers in the past, CL today may well encourage these youngsters.

I humbly suggest that to deal with these youngsters today, CL and CANED them 48 strokes. CL today no caning. Cane them 48 strokes to inflict massive pain. There can always be amendments to the CLTP Act.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy had the same viewpoint, his articulation is better. Will CLTPA becomes the next tool against political dissidents?

CLTP Act was never used to handle political dissidents. ISA is the appropriate one used.

CLTP used on SS/triads, drug traffickers, syndicated loan sharks.

CLTP detainees housed at Changi. ISA at Whitley.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be silly. ISA is worse than CLTP. How do you think this Chia Thye Poh to the marxist conspiracy people ended up being detained.

Even Chee, JBJ never bother to comment about CLTP which is a must to detain people who throw acid bulbs and put a whole village in fear.

You are mixing up the wrong things.

This guy had the same viewpoint, his articulation is better. Will CLTPA becomes the next tool against political dissidents?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Golden Dragon:

The situation now is just short of total madness. Three or four gang fights in two weeks. What the fuck is law enforcement up to?

You have said it right, the youngsters today react differently. I call them silver spoon gangsters. Why? Because they fight not over ricebowl or territory, they fight over fucked up issues that the olden days gangsters will never dream of fighting over.

These youngsters want glory, you said it right, they should all be caned to the max. Let them learn that "glory" means you walk into jail with one butt, you walk out without.

Bro, when the SS groups were named (369, Fong Hong San), I was surprised. Why give them free publicity? Saying it was SS linked is honest enough. When the groups were named, to a certain extent, they were 'glorified'. I wonder if the DTE incident 'influenced' the Fajar Rd case even though it was also 369 again. They then named the other group - Pak Hai Tong.

I am quite certain some young minds are now curious what goes on in these street corner gangs. They may well be enticed to join just to satisfy their curiousity. Does the public 'lose' anything with the groups not being named?

When one group is named, others may want the same limelight? Remember, we are not dealing with sound and rational minds here. We have to put ourselves in their shoes and heads to try understand how and why they react the way they do.

I suspect it's "monkey see, monkey do" now. Don't recall we had this scenario in the past. When a gang related clash happened in the past, there will be peace. Now, it's one after another, including a death case at DTE.

Law enforcement? It's a sad story, isn't it? These recent incidents don't shock me. It was just when and where it will take place. The problems, signs and symptoms were in existence. Just that it was not detected for various reasons. If the problem area is not being accurately and honestly assessed, how to arrive at the best approach to deal with it?

The ground people provide the info their bosses want to hear. A good example of groupthink. No one wants to rock the boat. In my humble opinion, the police failed, period.

Some may say 48 strokes is inhumane but I say let's do it. We have to know what these youngsters fear most. 24 is too little for them. Also, give them the max jail term. Not 7-10 years etc. Maybe 20-30 years.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, yes, I get all my uncles, aunties and neighbours to vote for him so that he can become more powerful and whip the buttocks of these gangsters baik baik.

You are fan of Shamugan?

He is already the Minister of Home Affairs. He'd better do his job properly or we all vote him out. Simple!

:mad:

rollingmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
its more like the gangs are forcing him to rough on them. He jus promote to minister of home affairs not long these gangs start to go around giving trouble. Really is not giving minister face

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are fan of Shamugan?

He is already the Minister of Home Affairs. He'd better do his job properly or we all vote him out. Simple!

:mad:

Minister say the violence is not random, he says innocent people going out for coffee won't get slash for no reason. The he said there might have been innocent victims in Fajar road incident. So which is which? So does that mean innocent kids playing in basketball courts might get slashed?

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls lah. Wat u say dun make any sense. Say u walking outside. Suddenly a gp of these goons cum & attack u or ur family members. u 1? These r scums of the earth who have 2 b put away 4 gd. :(

Narong Wongwan
Alfrescian Join Date: Jun 2010
My Reputation:Points: 10 / Power: 1

Re: SG Gang warning: "Sham"mugam 新官上任三把火

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eErotica69
You are fan of Shamugan?

Minister say the violence is not random, he says innocent people going out for coffee won't get slash for no reason. The he said there might have been innocent victims in Fajar road incident. So which is which? So does that mean innocent kids playing in basketball courts might get slashed?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem just as confused as Shanmugam. I will make it easy for you

PAP - Bad
Shanmugam - bad
Secret Society - Bad
ISA - Bad
Law suits -bad
CLTP - good
ISA vs CLTP - ISA bad and CLTP good

Hope this will clear the confusion. Essentially if the PAP wants to throw anyone in, it is easier to use ISA. You don't put a bread in an oven to get toast bread, easier to use toaster even though the oven works on the same principle. You are also assuming that the PAP is stupid and dumb.

By the way, where did you get the information this information of innocent teenagers being put away under CLTP.

I hope you are not the chap Robox from the old SBF. He too could not follow the line of thinking.

Narong Wongwan
Alfrescian Join Date: Jun 2010
My Reputation:Points: 10 / Power: 1

Re: SG Gang warning: "Sham"mugam 新官上任三把火

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eErotica69
You are fan of Shamugan?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
By the way, where did you get the information this information of innocent teenagers being put away under CLTP.

I hope you are not the chap Robox from the old SBF. He too could not follow the line of thinking.

From Rannix's interactions in the 3in1kopitiam, I believe he is filled with despite for the PAP and as such imagines things so that he can spite them further.

No, he is not Robox. No racist comment yet and no vulgarity hurled. Robox won't last this long.......

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some may say 48 strokes is inhumane but I say let's do it. We have to know what these youngsters fear most. 24 is too little for them. Also, give them the max jail term. Not 7-10 years etc. Maybe 20-30 years.

No point giving 48 strokes as most people would pass out way before that, and the caning would have to stop.

The best is a 30 year jail term so when they come out, the world has changed and they are so old they cannot fight anymore. Of course society has to feed them while they are in jail, and that is a cost which we reluctantly bear.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree. It's good he starts to get tough on these punks otherwise ordinary people won't feel safe. I hope he goes one further and have public executions for those who go around with parangs looking for trouble. The world is a much better place without them.
The trouble with PAP's laws is that it is always suject to PAP's final verdict which is not usually based on law,especially when the cases are political in nature but now also extented clearly to PAP's policy of favouring FOREIGN talents.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No point giving 48 strokes as most people would pass out way before that, and the caning would have to stop.

The best is a 30 year jail term so when they come out, the world has changed and they are so old they cannot fight anymore. Of course society has to feed them while they are in jail, and that is a cost which we reluctantly bear.

I know 2 chaps caned 48 strokes in late 80s. They went thru all without passing out. But your point is valid coz there are those who passed out after 5-6 strokes.

I suggest we can finetune this. For every stroke missed coz of passing out, convert to an extra 12 months. The whole idea is to inflict max jail term and pain on these chaps. Don't give them the '55' credential that they crave.

Of course it would be much better if torture is permitted - pull out their toe and finger nails etc.

If all the above still don't work, just hang them. Much cheaper this way.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Rannix's interactions in the 3in1kopitiam, I believe he is filled with despite for the PAP and as such imagines things so that he can spite them further.

No, he is not Robox. No racist comment yet and no vulgarity hurled. Robox won't last this long.......

Hahaha... ya, so much spite...

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP - Bad
Shanmugam - bad
Secret Society - Bad
ISA - Bad
Law suits -bad
CLTP - good

Hope this will clear the confusion. Essentially if the PAP wants to throw anyone in, it is easier to use ISA. You don't put a bread in an oven to get toast bread, easier to use toaster even though the oven works on the same principle. You are also assuming that the PAP is stupid and dumb.

Although I don't write well, it does not mean that I am stupid. Good laws being abused will turn bad just like ISA. ISA stinks like hell but it will not do the govt any good if used - Singapore will be scrutinized but US and many democratic countries. I am stating that CLTPA may be abused from arresting gangsters to arresting political dissidents. Gang is another translation for "党".

Supposed CSJ(or Gomez etc) is arrested by ISD, peoples' opinion for him is that he is a martyr and the govt is a dictatorship. However, if he is arrested by CLTPA, peoples' opinion will be flipped. Govt is doing Singaporeans a favor by keeping the streets safe from gangster opposition candidates. In this case, "oven" is used so that the toast has less charred areas - so less cancerous materials on the toast.

As for my info, no trial so how would anyone know, those caught is assumed guilty until proven innocent. I understand what you are saying, please understand that I also providing an alternative view of this matter.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP - Bad
Shanmugam - bad
Secret Society - Bad
ISA - Bad
Law suits -bad
CLTP - good

Although I don't write well, it does not mean that I am stupid. Good laws being abused will turn bad just like ISA. ISA stinks like hell but it will not do the govt any good if used - Singapore will be scrutinized but US and many democratic countries. I am stating that CLTPA may be abused from arresting gangsters to arresting political dissidents. Gang is another translation for "党".

Supposed CSJ(or Gomez etc) is arrested by ISD, peoples' opinion for him is that he is a martyr and the govt is a dictatorship. However, if he is arrested by CLTPA, peoples' opinion will be flipped. Govt is doing Singaporeans a favor by keeping the streets safe from gangster opposition candidates. In this case, "oven" is used so that the toast has less charred areas - so less cancerous materials on the toast.

As for my source info, no trial so how would anyone know, those caught is assumed guilty until proven innocent. I understand what you are saying, please understand that I also providing an alternative view of this matter.

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am stating that CLTPA may be abused from arresting gangsters to arresting political dissidents. Gang is another translation for "党".

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

*facepalm*

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When the govt used ISA in the past, they didn't bother what the US and other democratic countries felt. As long as it is to the survival of the MIW, scrutiny or not, they don't bother. If they did, Chia Thye Poh won't be detained for decades.

CLTP MAY BE abused to arresting political dissidents? Why do so when ISA is already in place? As to your fear that CL may be used or abused to arrest political dissidents, have no fear coz this will never happen.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with your writing. Your writing is perfectly alright. It your line of reasoning. That's is the reason why I mentioned Robox. Notice he too writes well but it is basically rubbish. He is even worse, he will cite the wrong cases, give irrelevant examples.

You also have used the term alternative view wrongly. These apply when there are no clear cut answers to an issue. Let me draw another analogy. You are standing for elections in the US and you proposing banning the carrying of knives in public. People tell you that guns which are more dangerous are carried in public but you keep insisting that knives are dangerous. It is not an alternative view but a flawed argument. The knife being CLTPA and guns being ISA.

Also as to reality on the ground, any Singaporean born in Singapore with a half a brain will tell you that no will ever testify in court against an SS member over an SS incident. So do you give him the benefit of a doubt and set him free.

As for my source info, no trial so how would anyone know, those caught is assumed guilty until proven innocent. I understand what you are saying, please understand that I also providing an alternative view of this matter.