• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Dying Sg Man Hopes to See His Lost Daughters 1 Last Time

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A 69-year-old man's final wish is to reunite with his two estranged daughters whom he has not seen in more than 20 years and seek their forgiveness. Retired businessman Chen Tuguang (transliteration), is suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer, Shin Min Daily News reported.

In an interview with the paper, he shared that his wife had died of liver cancer in 1993, leaving behind his daughters aged 8 and 11.

Deciding to "leave this sad place", Chen packed his bags for Shanghai, China where he worked for several years. He got married to a Chinese woman there and later brought her to Singapore. However, his daughters did not get along with their step-mother and they often quarrelled about money, said Chen.

"One day in 2003, my elder daughter took her sister and left. I never saw them again."

He stated that he'd tried to search for them but was unsuccessful. "Now that I'm seriously ill, I only hope they can let go of the past and forgive me," said Chen. "..I hope to see them one last time before I go, that's my only wish," he added, sharing that his daughters would now be aged 39 and 42.

His friend, Chen Meiru, 58, who's helping him in the search, told Shin Min that Chen is suffering from end-stage pancreatic cancer and that the cancer cells had spread. He was given the diagnosis in April, after Chen found blood in his stool.
"Doctors had said it was incurable, but he had a strong will to live and went through chemotherapy but it was unsuccessful," said Meiru. The funeral director, Roland Tay, is also helping in the search.

"He doesn't have that many days left and time is of the essence," said Meiru.

According to reporters who visited Chen at his home, the latter looked thin and frail, and needed someone to assist him when walking. His discomfort was also plain to see as he laid his head down during the interview and his voice was soft and weak.

terminallyill.jpg

Chen managed to pull out old family photos from 30 years ago, which showed him hugging his daughters. Despite his poor health, Chen penned down his remorse in a 200-word letter written on Aug 5, which detailed his regrets. He expressed hope for his ashes to be placed alongside those of his ancestors, mother and wife so it'll be convenient for his daughters to pay their respects.

Said Meiru: "He cries every day as he's very worried that he won't be able to see his daughters."

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/t...hters-20-years-now-hopes-find-them-seek-their

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He expressed hope for his ashes to be placed alongside those of his ancestors, mother and wife so it'll be convenient for his daughters to pay their respects.

Said Meiru: "He cries every day as he's very worried that he won't be able to see his daughters."

This kind of people will probably not rest in peace when they die, high chance of becoming a ghost. :unsure:

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
No point doing chemotherapy once it has spread. Best to enjoy your last few weeks if it's possible.
Absolutely correct.
Chemo is ineffective once spreading has occurred.
Best to save time and money to go peacefully.
Just make sure you have a forever supply of pain drugs.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
What an asshole. I hope his daughters will not go meet him.
Married a new woman and abandoned his daughters? So where is the new wife? Ran off with his money?
Go die and don't disturb your daughters la!

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely correct.
Chemo is ineffective once spreading has occurred.
Best to save time and money to go peacefully.
Just make sure you have a forever supply of pain drugs.
chemo is like a vax, kills the good armies while taking out the bad. In the end, you are left with no self defence. That's how the body caves in