• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Customer asks prawn noodles stall owner, "Where's my 3rd prawn (as per your signboard photo)?" kena screamed at by owner

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
okok....now we wasted 3 minutes of our lives reading about a missing prawn...... fucking pathetic asiaone, nothing better to print
the story is more interesting if “missing” prawn crawls away to save own life before being thrown into boiling pot.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s clowns in here that quietly accept that short changing and giving less portion for that amount of money the leeway for hawkers to run rampant.
Hawkers are not the noble decent folks who want to feed the masses. Lol I always cringe in embarrassment for them when they say they want the masses to enjoy good food at affordable prices. $4.30 for 2 tiny prawns and a few slivers of pork and u think that’s good? The hawker culture needs to be stamped down by refusing to patronize the fuckers who shortchange customers.
There is a vegetarian stall at Ghim Moh which loves serving diners "healthy" meals by offering kid's size portions of fried beehoon or mee for $3.50 per plate to adults.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I've said before, there are may other tricks done by hawkers:
1) Soupy noodles: more soup and less of the other ingredients.
2) One less piece of meat, dumpling etc. Very sneaky and not really noticeable unless you have been a regular customer.
3) 'Forgot' to give you back your change, hoping you wouldn't notice.
4) Takeaway food: deliberately giving you a plastic container even when there is no need to do so e.g. rice. And charging 50 cents for it.
5) Obvious drop in quality, usually happens after a hawker centre's renovation. Or a Michelin award.
Inflation manifests itself in many ways, not just price increases.
Expect more of this to happen since Sinkieland is a money-laundering hub, all that incoming dirty money cannot exist in a vacuum and not affect other things. :cool:
I recall MPs proudly informing their residents that they got a promise from the neighbourhood hawkers to not increase prices over the next 6 months. These stallholders practiced "shrinkflation" instead.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the core of it, hawkers are no angels la. Feed the masses? Don’t make my toes laugh!

Given half a chance, they will screw over the hawker centre and sell at a nice air conditioned eatery space of their own.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is an advertisement. Not the truth.
Just like the PAP's Swiss standard of living envisaged by the PAP.
It is only a vision, not the real thing.
Instead, Sinkies got Shit standard of living.

goh-chok-tong-swiss.jpg

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
image_420.jpg

A diner was aghast when his prawn noodles came with only two prawns instead of three like the stall's signboard showed.

Stomp contributor Amos said he got screamed at when he raised the issue with the owner of Fu Zhu Wanton Noodle at 888 Plaza, a coffee shop located at Woodlands Drive 50.

He recounted: "The stall's signboard presented a bowl of delicious-looking prawn noodles with three big prawns, costing $4.30.

"However, when I received my bowl of prawn noodles after paying $4.30, I was only served two small prawns.

"'Where is my 3rd prawn?' I asked the female stall owner who had her bleached hair tied up.

"She screamed, 'Only two prawns will be served!'

"I reasoned with her by saying, 'But your signboard shows the customers three prawns!'

"The female stall owner turned hysterical and shouted at me again, telling me to visit other stalls. She then proceeded to ignore me. Her overall behaviour was rude and unprofessional, bordering on crazy.

"I was left with two prawns after paying for three prawns. This is a typical example of pictorial misrepresentation committed by various hawker stalls when they depict inaccurate and misleading photographs of their food items. It is a common problem faced by Singaporeans."

Amos said he is sharing his experiences in hopes of warning other customers about misrepresentation in food photos and the hawker's "rude attitude".

He shared a picture of his prawn mee, which came with pork slices, fishcake and bean sprouts. Besides lacking one prawn, his meal also appears to be missing the vegetables displayed on the signboard.

The Stomp contributor added: "I request the relevant authorities to step in to monitor the hawker centers and coffee shops when it comes to displaying accurate menus and signboards for the customers."

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/w...lands-noodle-stall-owner-gets-shouted-instead
If chinks don't cheat will never get rich eg @JohnTan

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a dumbass. It's called advertising. Just like Photoshop'ed photos of women in ads selling beauty products, or the ads of fast food restaurants featuring majestic-looking burgers.

So low IQ, no wonder he's a 'Stomp contributor' lah. Only trashy people engage with SPH crap, for example the Fuckwarezone forum. :biggrin:

Mouthbreather snowflake got his feelings hurt by not getting one additional prawn. :rolleyes:
So adverts of male models are incorrect.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
If moslems didn't rob and steal like their 'prophet', they wouldn't know how to break out of poverty.
They were only impoverished when people with slit eyes steal land. Otherwise they'll be hanging out under the coconut trees sipping their coffee.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is an advertisement. Not the truth.
Just like the PAP's Swiss standard of living envisaged by the PAP.
It is only a vision, not the real thing.
Instead, Sinkies got Shit standard of living.

goh-chok-tong-swiss.jpg

Sounds like all the other grandiose and highfalutin visions/goals/projects the PAP regime loves to churn out from time to time to hypnotize daft Sinkies. :biggrin: