• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serie A Season 2011/2012

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A preview: Milito seeks to turn around Inter fortunes

4 November 2011

12427282310.jpg

Struggling Inter Milan will look to begin performing in the Serie A with a trip to Genoa, while Juventus face Napoli on Sunday.

Claudio Ranieri's men have recorded three straight wins in the Champions League, the last of which came against Lille on Wednesday, ahead of their clash with 11th-placed Genoa on Sunday.
On the domestic scene, Inter have been poor - collecting eight points from nine matches and sitting just outside the relegation zone.

The problems have been up front and in defence, and Ranieri will be hoping striker Diego Milito can again begin producing the form he showed two seasons ago.
He netted in the win over Lille, and said he hoped the goal would signal the end of his barren run.

"I sincerely hope that with this goal my bad spell is now behind me and they'll start coming for me again," Milito said.
"You have to know how to keep calm, keep your nerve and make sure you don't get too affected by it because it can mess you up."

Meanwhile, league leaders Juventus will be looking to cement their spot at the top when they travel to fifth-placed Napoli.
Claudio Marchisio and Alessandro Matri (four goals) have impressed for Antonio Conte's side, as they meet an inconsistent Napoli outfit.

Walter Mazzarri will be keen to arrest their poor run, which saw them record a 2-0 win over second-placed Udinese and then lose to Catania and Bayern Munich.
Elsewhere, AC Milan can extend their winning league run to five straight matches when they host a Catania side that has lost just once.

News of Antonio Cassano's heart problem rocked AC Milan during the week, and Massimiliano Allegri will have to feel the void left by the attacker.
In other matches, Udinese host Siena, Parma travel to third-placed Lazio and Roma are looking to get back to winning ways when they visit Novara on Saturday.

Palermo will put their unbeaten home record on the line when they host Bologna.
In other Sunday matches, Chievo take on Fiorentina, Atalanta welcome Cagliari and Cesena and Lecce clash in a battle between the bottom two.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pato nearing Milan return

4 November 2011

12427282110.jpg

AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato has set his sights on a return to action against Fiorentina later this month.

The Brazil international has not featured for the Serie A champions since picking up a thigh injury in a 1-1 draw with Udinese in September.

Pato was hoping to feature in Tuesday's Champions League match at BATE Borisov, but the 22-year-old revealed it will take him two more weeks to be match fit.

"I am fine, I hope to be back soon with the group," he told reporters. "I believe I will be available after the international break against Fiorentina.

"
The striker also expressed his support for team-mate Antonio Cassano, who is set to undergo heart surgery.

"I went to visit Cassano," Pato added. "We hope tomorrow's (Friday's) operation will go well."

Milan sit in fourth place in the Italian top flight and will host Catania on Sunday.
They face Fiorentina on November 19.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Doctors: Cassano´s surgery a success

5 November 2011

12427282810.jpg

Antonio Cassano's heart surgery has been described as a success by doctors of the AC Milan and Italy striker.

Cassano underwent surgery on Friday to repair an atrial spetal defect, having fallen ill after his side's Serie A match with Roma last Saturday.
The 29-year-old experienced ischemic cerebral damage, which is similar to a stroke, and underwent several tests to determine the cause of his ailment.

Cassano is expected to make a full recovery, though he is unlikely to feature for Serie A club Milan again until 2012.
Policlinico San Donato Hospital primary neurologist Nereo Bresolin described the procedure to reporters, and was 'absolutely' confident the procedure had been a success.

"Actually this surgery is an interventional haemodynamic procedure of occlusion of the foramen ovale. A catheter is positioned and works as guide in order to insert a small device named Amplatzer, which shuts the incorrect communication between the two atria. It is a simple procedure, but requires good manual skills," he said.

"We have had an important collaboration between two institutions which have worked together in Milan in order to achieve the best possible result."
"Absolutely (it has been a success).

I've directly followed the surgery with (cardiologist Mario) Carminati, who is a great expert, and with AC Milan doctors, whose presence has been essential for reassuring Antonio and letting him face this problem calmly, which has been solved in the best possible way."

"He is in good spirits, he is an extraordinary guy. I can anticipate that tomorrow morning he will undergo an ECG test to verify the correct placement of the so-called Amplatzer and after that I think he can go home."
Carminati echoed his colleague's confidence: "Generally speaking, this procedure is usually performed in a standardized way.

It is simple and usually takes only a few minutes," he said.
"The procedure has totally succeeded. The device has been perfectly placed and therefore we're optimistic on the result both in the short and long term."

"At the end of the procedure we have exchanged some words expressing the satisfaction from both sides and the joy for having performed an efficient procedure."

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This has to be good news for Inter because it will save them from another embarrassing defeat or draw. :biggrin:

Inter´s clash with Genoa called off

5 November 2011

12427282800.jpg

The Serie A match between Genoa and Inter scheduled for Sunday at the Marassi has been called off due to flooding.

Italy's north-west has been hit by heavy rain and flooding, leaving six people dead and several missing in the Genoa.

Genoa's city website has advised residents to stay in their homes and refrain from driving their cars.

Inter sit in 17th position in the Serie A standings while Genoa are 11th, seven points off leaders Juventus.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Roma on the rise

6 November 2011

12427283410.jpg

Goals from Bojan Krkic and Dani Osvaldo saw Roma defeat Novara 2-0 away from home in Serie A, while Palermo beat Bologna.

Roma began strongly in Saturday's match at the Stadio Silvio Piola, with Erik Lamela looking dangerous.
It was the Argentine who enjoyed Roma's first sight of goal six minutes in, finding space on the edge of the box before unleashing a powerful drive, but his effort flew straight at Novara goalkeeper Alberto Fontana.

The hosts had the ball in the back of the net on 18 minutes, as a great cross from Marco Rigoni was met by Francesco Marianini.
But the former Empoli midfielder's header was ruled out for offside.And Novara went close again when Rigoni's neat ball found Takayuki Morimoto on the edge of the box, but the Japan international was denied by a good save from Maarten Stekelenburg.

On the stroke of half time Rodrigo Taddei almost gave Roma the lead.
The Brazilian winger cut in from the left flank before trying to curl one past Fontana, but his effort sailed just wide of the top corner.

The second half began with the visitors still struggling to break down their stubborn hosts.
In the 67th minute, Fontana was forced into a great save to deny a long-range effort from substitute Bojan.Novara should have taken the lead moments later.

Riccardo Meggiorini beat Marco Cassetti on the right flank, leaving the striker with a one-on-one chance, but Stekelenburg rushed off his line to make a great save.
In the 73rd minute the away side finally broke the deadlock, taking the lead through former Barcelona man Bojan.

A beautiful chip from Miralem Pjanic was met by the young Spaniard, who made no mistake, putting Roma 1-0 ahead.
After battling for much of the match to force a goal, Roma managed a second just two minutes later.

Fernando Gago's corner found Osvaldo in the centre of the area, and the Italy international's powerful header left Fontana with no chance.
The win sees Roma climb to seventh place on the table, five points back from leaders Juventus.

Promoted Novara are 18th, inside the relegation and one point from safety.
Also on Saturday, Palermo eased to a 3-1 win at home to Bologna.Eran Zehavi gave hosts Palermo the lead 13 minutes from kick off at the Stadio Renzo Barbera.

Matias Auguste Silvestre and Josip Ilicic were on target to increase the margin in the second half, before Gaston Ramirez netted a consolation goal for Bologna with three minutes remaining.
The win lifts Palermo up to fifth, three points back the league leaders, while Bologna are 14th.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

698824_10_preview.jpg
"Inter heartbroken over Genoa plight"
Inter Milan coach Claudio Ranieri has offered his club's condolences to the people of Genoa suffering from freak thunderstorms.

620205_10_preview.jpg
Ibrahimovic defends Barca criticism
Former Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has defended his revelations that criticised Pep Guardiola in his upcoming autobiography.

Juventus eye swoop for Nani, Bale
Juventus are lining up audacious bids to sign wingers Nani and Gareth Bale from Manchester United and Tottenham respectively.

557458_10_preview.jpg
Del Piero: I'll play on after Juventus
Legendary striker Alessandro Del Piero insists he will not hang up his boots even after if he leaves Juventus at the end of this season.

674382_10_preview.jpg

Inter's trip to Genoa postponed
Inter Milan's Serie A game away at Genoa on Sunday has been postponed after torrential rains and flash floods lashed the port city.

668123_10_preview.jpg
Cassano heart surgery a success
AC Milan striker Antonio Cassano underwent successful heart surgery on Friday morning, the Italian club have confirmed.

657847_10_preview.jpg
Ranocchia backs Ranieri to succeed
Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia has thrown his support behind coach Claudio Ranieri despite a difficult start to his reign.

671881_10_preview.jpg
Marchisio wants focus to stay top
Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has urged his side to focus on maintaining their lead in the Serie A table after a strong start to the campaign.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Saturday 5th November 2011

676497_33_preview.jpg

Juventus eye swoop for Nani, Bale

Juventus are lining up audacious bids to sign wingers Nani and Gareth Bale from Manchester United and Tottenham respectively.

The Italians giants are taking huge steps towards regaining their past glory after signing a sponsorship deal with Korean company Hanwha Group.

And with their bid to land the Serie A title this season well on track after a great start which sees them top of the table, the Turin club are ready to spend big as they look to challenge the big guns in Europe next.

According to Tuttosport, Juventus boss Antonio Conte has shortlisted a number of players he wants at the club, with Nani and Bale top of the list.

The two wingers have been in outstanding form for their respective clubs thus will require a massive bid to prise them away.

Meanwhile, it remains to be seen if Inter Milan would reignite their interest in Bale, whom they were linked to last season.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sunday 6th November 2011

620205_33_preview.jpg

Ibrahimovic defends Barca criticism

Former Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has defended his revelations that criticised Pep Guardiola in his upcoming autobiography.

The autobiography, titled 'I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic', will be released later this month, and recently leaked excerpts from the book from Aftonbladet, revealed the 30-year-old had slammed his former coach.

The striker, now plying his trade for AC Milan, insisted that he has every right to disclose his side of the story.

"If anyone has anything else to say or they know something I don't, then they are welcome to speak, but I've told you everything I know in this book," said the striker.

He admitted that despite scoring 21 goals, his time at Barcelona after signing from Inter Milan in 2009 was one of regret.

"Sometimes it is better to be content with what you have to dream about, than to fulfil it, only to discover that it almost kills you," he said.

In a stunning twist to his tale, AC Milan will next welcome Barcelona on Nov 23 in a titanic Champions League Group H clash to decide which team will win their qualifying group.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Napoli - Juventus match postponed due to bad weather

Serie A leader Juventus’ match at Napoli on Sunday has been postponed due to flash flooding and stormy weather in the southern city

AP, Sunday 6 Nov 2011

2011-634561868515276574-527.jpg

The match was slated to kick off at 8:45pm (1945 GMT) at the San Paolo stadium. Officials were considering moving it to Monday, or more likely, 14 December.

Streets in Naples and surrounding areas of the city were flooded, and the ANSA news agency reported that one man was killed when a tree fell on his car.

Juventus leads the Italian league with 19 points, Udinese and Lazio are next with 18 each, and AC Milan have 17.

In Sunday’s other matches, Udinese hosts Siena, Lazio plays Parma and Milan faces Catania at the San Siro.

Inter Milan’s match at Genoa had already been postponed due to flooding in Genoa.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Milan blast four past Catania

7 November 2011

12427283800.jpg

AC Milan made it five straight wins in the Serie A with a 4-0 thrashing of Catania on Sunday, while Udinese moved top.Zlatan Ibrahimovic opened the scoring from the penalty spot at the San Siro after Robinho had been felled by Davide Lanzafame.

The Brazilian attacker doubled the lead for Massimiliano Allegri's men with a sublime finish midway through the first half after being released by his Swedish strike partner.

Francesco Lodi then put through his own net on 69 minutes as he attempted to clear Robinho's goal-bound effort before Gianluca Zambrotta completed the rout moments later when he pounced on a rebound from Alberto Aquilani's free-kick.

Meanwhile, with Juventus' clash at Napoli postponed due to flash flooding and storms, Udinese took advantage to move top with a 2-1 win over Siena.
Dusan Basta needed just two minutes to open the scoring, before the in-form Antonio Di Natale netted his eighth league goal of the campaign to double their lead on 64 minutes.

Midfielder Francesco Bolzoni pulled a goal back for the visitors, but it proved to be no more than a mere consolation.
Lazio are a narrow second to Udinese after Giuseppe Sculli's 85th-minute goal gave them a 1-0 win at home to Parma.

Sculli tapped in the winner to see Lazio onto 21 points, equal with Udinese, who they trail on goal difference.
At the other end of the table, Lecce took a step towards moving out of the relegation zone with a 1-0 victory at Cesena.

Colombian Juan Cuadrado struck in the 56th minute and the visitors held on despite being reduced to 10 men when Luis Muriel was given his marching orders.
Lecce are behind 17th-placed Inter Milan on goal difference.

In other matches, Luca Rigoni's effort handed Chievo a 1-0 win over Fiorentina, while Argentine striker German Denis struck 10 minutes from full-time to help Atalanta to a 1-0 victory against Cagliari.

Inter Milan's trip to Genoa was postponed because of flash flooding, which left at least six people dead in the port city.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

703212_10_preview.jpg
Montolivo sorry for disrespecting victims
Fiorentina's Riccardo Montolivo has apologised for laughing during a minute's silence that was held in memory of the victims of the flash floods in Liguria.

703203_10_preview.jpg
Cagliari pledge to stick by Ficcadenti
Cagliari president Massimo Cellino insists coach Massimo Ficcadenti's job is safe.

703194_10_preview.jpg
Lopez would entertain Milan move
Catania forward Maxi Lopez has claimed he would relish a move to AC Milan in the January transfer window.

582705_10_preview.jpg
Mihajlovic: Future not up to me
Sinisa Mihajlovic is hopeful of keeping his job as Fiorentina coach but has conceded the decision is out of his hands.

703114_10_preview.jpg
Cassano loved from Madrid to Milan
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has dedicated the club's 4-0 win over Catania on Sunday night to striker Antonio Cassano, who suffered a stroke earlier.

702728_10_preview.jpg
Lazio's storming start pleases Reja
Lazio coach Edy Reja could not be happier with his club's start to the Serie A season.

702734_10_preview.jpg
Guidolin happy with Udinese response
Udinese coach Francesco Guidolin felt his team made amends for its midweek defeat in Spain with Sunday's triumph over Siena.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Palermo extend Mangia contract

6 November 2011

12427282940.jpg

Palermo coach Devis Mangia has been rewarded with a new two-year deal at the Sicilian club.The 37-year-old was brought in as a replacement for Stefano Pioli in the pre-season, and after a steady start to the campaign has been given an extended contract.

"The contract renewal makes me very proud, as it means the club has faith in me and are happy with what I have done so far," he said.
The news comes in the wake of director of football Sean Sogliano's resignation earlier in the week, following a disagreement with Maurizio Zamparini.

"At the same time, I feel sad that Sean Sogliano has resigned. He was the one who brought me here and he believed in me all the way. I had no idea his situation was so troubled," Mangia said.
"I have confidence, as the squad has faith in me. The new contract won't lead me to change my attitude towards the players."

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Silva close to Udinese switch

7 November 2011

12427283830.jpg

Palmeiras defender Gabriel Silva is on his way to Italy to finalise talks with Udinese ahead of a medical with the club, according to his agent.

The 20-year-old Brazilian has been left out of Palmeiras' squad to play Coritiba on Sunday night because he has been given permission to speak with the Italian club.

"Silva is travelling and he is not available for Palmeiras.

However, we have to wait to see how everything (with Udinese) turns out," Silva's agent Guilherme Miranda told ESPN Brazil.

Silva has played 19 games in the Brasileiro this season and he won the under-20 World Cup with Brazil earlier this year.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Milan´s Bonera suffers head trauma

7 November 2011

12427284120.jpg

AC Milan will be without 30-year-old defender Daniele Bonera indefinitely after he suffered a head injury in his side's 4-0 win over Catania.

Bonera started for Milan in their Serie A match on Sunday but picked up a knock in the first half and remained in the dressing room at half-time before he was replaced by Mario Yepes.

The former Italy international was taken to hospital for further examination with his recovery time to be evaluated in the next few days.

"Daniele Bonera has light cranial trauma. His recovery time will be decided in the next few days. The player is fine and has already returned home," a statement on the club's official website read.

Milan climbed up to third on the Serie A table following Sunday's home victory with 20 points from their 10 games.

Bonera moved to the San Siro for 3.3 million euros in 2006 and has since been a constant fixture at the club, making 91 appearances.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Roma keen on Lopez

7 November 2011

12427283700.jpg

Roma CEO Claudio Fenucci has confirmed the club are attempting to tie up a deal for Nacional striker Nicolas Lopez.

The 18-year-old Uruguayan has been linked with various Serie A outfits in recent weeks, but it seems Luis Enrique's side are set to steal a march on their rivals after the club officially announced that discussions are well underway.

"We are negotiating for the services Nicolas Lopez because the player has a termination clause, but we are yet to find an agreement," Fenucci told Tuttomercatoweb.
"We are working, even with intermediaries, to push through a deal.

Soon we will meet with (Lopez's) representatives to find an agreement with the player."
Fenucci also spoke about Roma's future plans in the transfer market, with a view to injecting more youth into his side."We follow all young players that we feel can enhance our project," he said.

"(Sporting director Walter) Sabatini followed Lopez for some time and this pursuit has just opened up a new path regarding the signing of players; those which can be a good investment for the future."
"Then, as pointed out by the coach, this squad must be trimmed and only once we have sold our excess players, we will think about bolstering other departments."

Roma won 2-0 at Novara on Saturday in Serie A.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Inter look to re-sign Viviano

7 November 2011

12427283740.jpg

Inter Milan reportedly want to reacquire the remaining 50 percent of the economic rights to goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano from Genoa.

The San Siro outfit sold half of the 25-year-old's rights to Genoa in the off-season, while purchasing 50 percent of the rights to Genoa midfielder Juraj Kucka.

Viviano has not yet featured for Inter this term, but the Coppa Italia champions are keen to re-sign him according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Inter are struggling with problems in their goalkeeping stocks, with Julio Cesar afflicted by injuries in recent months, while the contract of the club's second-choice keeper, Luca Castellazzi, expires in the summer.

Italian sources suggest Inter will have to spend 4 million euros to complete Viviano's signing.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Milan could swoop for Damiao

7 November 2011

12427283580.jpg

AC Milan are reportedly weighing up the merits of a January move for Internacional's Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao.

The Serie A holders are widely expected to sign a new striker in the January transfer window after learning Antonio Cassano is likely to be out of action for up to six months after suffering a cerebral trauma which required surgery.

Cologne's Lucas Podolski and Juventus' Luca Toni have both been mooted as strong possibilities to bolster Milan's attack, but La Gazetta dello Sport report that Damiao is high on their list of targets.

The Brazil international has scored 37 goals in all competitions this season to establish himself as one of the most sought-after players in his country.

Milan had already earmarked Damiao as a potential recruit, but Cassano's problem may force them to move for the 22-year-old, who has a 50 million-euro buy-out clause, earlier than planned.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hamsik to ink new Napoli deal

7 November 2011

12427283650.jpg

Marek Hamsik is set to rubber-stamp a contract extension with Napoli, club president Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed.

The Slovakian international has been a mainstay in the San Paolo side's midfield since joining the club from Brescia in 2007.

De Laurentiis tried to fire up Hamsik for Sunday's Serie A clash with Juventus, but the midfielder will have to wait for his next chance to impress for Walter Mazzarri's side, with the match postponed because of flooding in Naples.

"If Hamsik wakes up and proves his worth (against Juventus), because he has been a bit off in the last few weeks, it would be a splendid introduction to the appointment we have on Monday regarding a contract extension," De Laurentiis told Corriere dello Sport.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

680057_10_preview.jpg

Lavezzi keen to stay at Napoli

Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent insists the Argentina forward will remain at Napoli this season.

702643_10_preview.jpg
Abate plays down PSG rumours
Ignazio Abate has played down talk of a move to Paris St Germain and pledged his future to AC Milan.

660312_10_preview.jpg
Eto'o rules out Inter Milan return
Anzhi Makhachkala striker Samuel Eto'o has indicated he has no intention of moving back to Inter Milan.

699075_10_preview.jpg
New date set for Napoli-Juve clash
Juventus have confirmed their postponed Serie A away game at Napoli will now be played on Tuesday, November 29.

703381_10_preview.jpg
Cassano grateful for well wishers
AC Milan striker Antonio Cassano has thanked well-wishers for their support - including former club Real Madrid - as he looks to recover from heart surgery.

703369_10_preview.jpg
Ibra: We almost killed each other
AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed the extent of last season's training ground brawl with former team-mate Oguchi Onyewu.

703340_10_preview.jpg
Fiorentina sack coach Mihajlovic
Fiorentina have sacked coach Sinisa Mihajlovic and installed Delio Rossi as his replacement, the club announced on Monday night.

695294_10_preview.jpg
New date set for Genoa-Inter clash
Genoa have confirmed their home Serie A game against Inter Milan will be played on December 13.

697082_10_preview.jpg
Milan will only consider loan signings
AC Milan will only sign a striker on loan when the transfer window re-opens in January, club vice-president Adriano Galliani revealed.

673951_10_preview.jpg
Diego Milito hints at Inter departure
Inter Milan striker Diego Milito has admitted he could leave the club in the January transfer window in light of his limited opportunities.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tuesday 8th November 2011

673951_33_preview.jpg

Diego Milito hints at Inter departure

Inter Milan striker Diego Milito has admitted he could leave the club in the January transfer window in light of his limited opportunities.

The Argentina international has struggled to force his way into the Nerazzurri starting eleven, and is currently behind the likes of Giampaolo Pazzini, Diego Forlan and Mauro Zarate in coach Claudio Ranieri's pecking order.

Having failed to replicate the form that saw Inter sign him from Genoa in 2009 on a regular basis, Milito admits leaving the club is not totally out of the question, and would even consider a return to his former club.

"Could I leave Inter? You never know what will happen in football," Milito said, according to Il Corriere dello Sport. "[Genoa president Enrico] Preziosi likes me a lot. I really rate him as well because he was the first one who believed in me when I still played in Argentina.

"I will always be grateful that he gave me the chance to come to Italy." Nonetheless, Milito insists that no offer has been made, and he is fully focused on succeeding with Inter at the present time. "However, I am feeling happy in Milan for now.

"I am still an Inter player and only think about Inter at the moment. "Again, you never know what will happen in football though." Milito bagged 30 goals in 53 appearances in his debut season with Inter, but only found the back of the net eight times last term.