• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serie A Season 2011/2012

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Baldini: Roma wanted Guardiola

22 October 2011

12427275070.jpg

Roma general manager Franco Baldini has revealed that the club approached Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola over the off-season.

The Serie A club, fresh from their takeover by an American consortium led by Thomas Di Benedetto, were on the lookout for a new coach to replace Vincenzo Montella.

The capital club's choice fell on Barcelona B coach Luis Enrique, but former England assistant Baldini - officially presented as Roma general manager on Friday - revealed that the club's first choice was Guardiola.

"I obviously approached Guardiola," Baldini said at a press conference. "I asked him if he wanted to move to Roma and he told me to wait some years."

But Baldini took pains to praise Enrique, who has led Roma to 12th on the Serie A table after a slow start.

"I have liked Luis Enrique from the start," Baldini said. "The facts have proved me right."

"This is his first real coaching experience and he has to make his own mistakes: the true crime is not to make mistakes, but to not acknowledge them."

"He will be a great coach, I wanted him to be that immediately, he has all the characteristics to become one. Now we have to provide him with the elements to succeed."

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sneijder denies United move claims

22 October 2011

12427275160.jpg

Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder has discounted claims that he wanted to join Manchester United in the summer.

But Sneijder has conceded if the right bid had been made, the Serie A side's financial situation might have forced him out.

The Netherlands international was persistently linked with a move to the Premier League champions because of the cash crisis at the Giuseppe Meazza, but Samuel Eto'o was sold to Anzhi Makhachkala instead.

The former Real Madrid star has insisted that he is content at Inter, and did not ask to leave.

"I never wanted to leave Inter," the 27-year-old told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Over the summer they called me and said, I think due to a financial issue, that I could be leaving Italy. This made me change my ideas a little bit, but once I got to pre-season training everyone made me feel important to this club."

Claudio Ranieri's men have started this term sluggishly, but the attacking midfielder feels his side can make up the ground on their title rivals.

"We can make up the eight points separating us from the top of the table now that the most important players have recovered from injury," Sneijder said.

"I see our principle opponents as being Napoli. Now we must concentrate on the games against Chievo and Atalanta so we can reach next week's match with Juventus in the right spirit."

"We've got to be more clinical and try to finish games off earlier," the Dutchman said.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Capello rules out Inter links

22 October 2011

12427275250.jpg

England manager Fabio Capello says he could never join Inter because of his close links with Milan, Juventus and Roma.

The 65-year-old has represented all three Serie A giants as a player and a coach during his lengthy career spanning more than 47 years.

Capello was linked to the Inter coaching job in the summer yet he decided to continue with the England national side.

"There are clubs you are never able to join. I was 18 years old and Helenio Herrera asked Angelo Moratti to sign me (for Inter), but the president of my then club Spal said no," Capello told ANSA.

"Other times we were close but it never quite reached a conclusion. There's nothing we can do. It feels like hitting the post from point-blank range, as you know it's going to go in. I'm like that with Inter."

Capello, who had two titles stripped off him as Juventus trainer between 2004-06, also spoke of Alessandro Del Piero, who will not be offered a new deal beyond this season with the Bianconeri.

"It is wonderful to have these standard-bearers for a club (talking about Del Piero), but the fans demand results and that is what the coach is chosen for," he added.

"I had Del Piero in my squad and lengthened his career when I realised he needed time to recuperate energy."

Capello has been in charge of England since 2008, but he will leave after the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine.

Marek Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Juventus draw again

23 October 2011

12427275480.jpg

Serie A leaders Juventus twice gave up the lead to draw 2-2 at home to Genoa on Saturday, while Fiorentina were held by Catania.

Juve had won just once in their last four league matches ahead of the clash in Turin.

That disappointing sequence became three successive draws, and four in five outings, following the visit of a stubborn Genoa to the Juventus Stadium.

The hosts led as early as the sixth minute, when Alessandro Matri diverted a long-range effort from Claudio Marchisio beyond Genoa goalkeeper Sebastien Frey.

The away side were back on level terms when captain Marco Rossi headed home Alexander Merkel's cross in the 31st minute.

Striker Matri restored Juve's lead shortly before the hour mark when he collected Andrea Pirlo's forward pass, before beating Frey with a clinical finish.

Mirko Vucinic and Matri both passed up chances to add a third, and they would be made to rue those missed opportunities.

With five minutes remaining, Andrea Caracciolo latched on to a knock-down from fellow substitute Juraj Kucka, before squeezing his shot past Juve goalkeeper Marco Storari to claim the equaliser.

Despite recording another draw, Juve remain top of the table.

But they are just one point clear of second-placed Udinese, who can move into first if they win at home to Novara on Sunday.

Also on Saturday, Catania staged a similar escape act, coming from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 away to Fiorentina.

Montenegro striker Stevan Jovetic put hosts Fiorentina in front after 20 minutes at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

Gennaro Delvecchio levelled for the visitors two minutes before half-time.

And while Jovetic struck again to make it 2-1 on 62 minutes, Argentine forward Maxi Lopez produced another equaliser with eight minutes remaining.

The draw leaves Fiorentina eighth, one point and one place worse off than Catania.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Boateng inspires Milan comeback

23 October 2011

12427275770.jpg

A brilliant hat-trick from Kevin-Prince Boateng helped AC Milan come from 3-0 down to post a 4-3 Serie A win over Lecce on Sunday.

First-half goals from Guillermo Giacomazzi, Massimo Oddo and Carlos Grossmuller had the Serie A champions firmly on the back foot, but Boateng's introduction after the break turned the game on its head with his hat-trick coming in 14 breathtaking minutes.

The Ghanaian made an instant impact, giving his side hope by rifling a stunning half-volley past Lecce goalkeeper Massimiliano Benassi to make it 3-1 four minutes after the break.

Six minutes later Boateng scored his second when he lashed Antonio Cassano's neat lay-off high into the net from the edge of the box.

And the midfielder completed his hat-trick on the 63-minute mark when he was first on the scene after an Ignazio Abate shot was blocked inside the box.

Boateng proceeded to force a side-footed effort at goal from an acute angle and somehow the ball managed to squirm past Benassi and over the line to restore parity.

It was left to defender Mario Yepes to secure all three points for the visitors, and his header from Antonio Cassano's ball on 76 minutes completed an amazing comeback from Massimiliano Allegri's side.

Elsewhere on Sunday, Udinese moved one point clear on top of the standings with a 3-0 home win over league newcomers Novara.

Lazio remain close behind in second after a Robert Acquafresca own-goal and a strike from Senad Lulic gave them a 2-0 win away to Bologna.

An Antonio Di Natale brace did the damage for Udinese, while Maurizio Domizzi scored the other goal, as Francesco Guidolin's side made the most of Juventus' 2-2 draw with Genoa on Saturday.

Inter Milan's season took a turn for the better when a Thiago Motta goal gave them a 1-0 win over Chievo Verona at the San Siro, and Roma climbed to sixth place when an early Erik Lamela strike handed them a 1-0 home win over Palermo.

Napoli were held to a 0-0 draw at Cagliari, while a Maximiliano Moralez double lifted Atalanta to a 2-1 away win over Parma.

Siena had goals from Pablo Andres Gonzalez and Emanuele Calaio to thank for their 2-0 win over Cesena.

Last edited:

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A pays tribute to Simoncelli

23 October 2011

12427275680.jpg

Tributes from the Italian world of football have flooded in following the death of MotoGP rider Marco Simoncelli on Sunday.

Simoncelli, 24, who was a big AC Milan fan, died after being involved in a serious accident at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The CONI (Italian Olympic Committee) has confirmed that every Serie A match on Sunday will observe a minute's silence starting from Milan's tie against Lecce.

The Rossoneri's assistant coach Mauro Tassotti was among the first to speak for Milan following the rider's death.

"I was watching the television [when the crash happened]. Apart from Simo being a Milan fan, we are very sad because a very young sportsman leaves us early," Tassotti told Sky Sport Italia.

The Italian champions also released a statement via their official website.

"Every Rossoneri fan and AC Milan will come together to show support for Marco's family. Marco was a great Milan fan and the club would like to send its sincere and felt condolences."

Inter and president Massimo Moratti released a statement.

It reads: "President Massimo Moratti, alongside Claudio Ranieri and the team, take part in the worldwide pain being felt following the loss of Marco Simoncelli. In rememberance of a young champion, Inter would like to sends its condolences to Simoncelli's family and friends."

A note from Roma reads: "AS Roma are close to the family and friends of Marco Simoncelli who died at the Malaysian Grand Prix."

Napoli's message of condelence reads: "President Aurelio De Laurentiis, the staff, team and directors have been struck by the tragedy of Marco Simoncelli, an Italian champion who has left us. Napoli would like to stay close to the rider's family."

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cesena coach in danger of sack

24 October 2011

12427275920.jpg

Bottom-of-the-table Cesena are close to parting company with coach Marco Giampaolo.

Reports suggest Giampaolo will be sacked over the next few days and make way for Davide Ballardini.

Giampaolo entered the fray after Cesena lost their relegation dogfight with Siena 2-0 on Sunday, claiming he plans to meet club president Igor Campedelli when "there will be a clear-the-air meeting.

Goals to Pablo Gonzalez after nine minutes and Emanuele Calaio in the 53rd minute added to Giampaolo's problems.

The Sea Horses, still without a win, are propping up the table after taking two points from seven games.

"I still have a good rapport with President Campedelli and naturally there will be a clear-the-air meeting in private soon, in the light of unsatisfactory results," Giampaolo said.

"I am a coach who at this moment is leading a squad in difficulty. There have been positive performances, such as against Chievo and Fiorentina, but today I admit we deserved to lose."

"Unfortunately the table is not good to look at and every mistake can be fatal. It is difficult to analyse the situation now, so we must only work with effort."

Giampaolo's last match in charge could be on Wednesday against his former club Cagliari.

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

695900_10_preview.jpg
Reja plays down Lazio title talk
Lazio coach Edy Reja is keen to play down expectations at the club after Sunday's 2-0 win over Bologna saw them climb to second in the Serie A standings.

695289_10_preview.jpg
Enrique excited by Lamela progress
Roma coach Luis Enrique believes young star Erik Lamela can develop into an important player for the Giallorossi.

695294_10_preview.jpg
Milan duo look to build on victories
AC Milan and Inter Milan will both be looking to build on victories at the weekend in their matches against Parma and Atalanta respectively on Wednesday.

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A preview: Udinese eye more points in Naples

24 October 2011

12427276210.jpg

League leaders Udinese travel to Napoli in mid-week Serie A action, while Inter Milan will be looking for back-to-back wins.

Francesco Guidolin's team have surprised this campaign, moving a point clear at the top after a comfortable 3-0 win over Novara on Sunday.

They are undefeated from their first seven matches, much of which is thanks to the form of Antonio Di Natale.

The 34-year-old striker has netted six of Udinese's 10 goals to lead the race for the golden boot.

After a strong start to their campaign, Napoli have dropped points in their last two league outings.

A 2-1 loss at home to Parma was followed by a disappointing scoreless draw at Cagliari, and Walter Mazzarri will be desperate to get back on the winners list when they host Udinese at the Stadio San Paolo on Wednesday.

The Udinese defence has been breached just once this season, meaning Uruguayan forward Edinson Cavani will be vital if Napoli are to get anything out of the game.

In other Wednesday matches, Inter Milan will be looking for consecutive league wins for the first time this campaign when they travel to promoted Atalanta.

Thiago Motta's goal gave them a 1-0 win at home to Chievo to see them move one spot into 16th, and they will need to continue collecting three points if they are to make up ground after their poor start to the season.

Cross-town rivals AC Milan will be looking for a third-straight win when they welcome Parma to the San Siro.

A hat-trick from Kevin-Prince Boateng and Mario Yepes' winner gave them a remarkable 4-3 win at Lecce after they had gone to the break 3-0 down.

Elsewhere, second-placed Lazio will host Catania and promoted outfits Novara and Siena will go head to head.

Roma travel to Genoa in search of three points, lowly Cesena will be looking for their first win of the season when Cagliari visit and Chievo take on Bologna.

Juventus, the only team other than Udinese who remain unbeaten, host 10th-placed Fiorentina on Tuesday, while Palermo welcome Lecce to the Stadio Renzo Barbera on Thursday.

Arturo Vidal

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Capello tips Roma, Juve success

24 October 2011

12427276310.jpg

Fabio Capello believes Juventus and Roma are favourites to win the Serie A title because they do not have any European obligations.

Turin side Juventus failed to qualify for a European competition following their seventh-place finish last term, while Roma were ousted by Slovan Bratislava in the Europa League play-off round.

And England manager Capello says reduced playing commitments improve both clubs' chances of success in the Italian top flight.

"It is a very interesting Serie A season," Capello told Il Corriere dello Sport.

"Juventus and Roma are the favourites in my opinion because they don't take part in many competitions like some of their rivals."

"AC Milan have a competitive squad as well."

"The level of play in Serie A is on its way up. A different style of football is being played.

The coaches have to be creative because of the limited resources. They have to be careful in selecting players."

Juventus sit third in Serie A with 13 points from seven games, while Roma are sixth with 11 points.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UCUQ0XSBU48?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Juventus 2 - 2 Genoa
All Goals & Highlights 22.10.11

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6agHl4mKV5k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Fiorentina 2 - 2 Catania
All Goals & Highlights 22.10.11

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iuDZ2UKp-So?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Lecce 3 - 4 AC Milan
All Goals & Highlights 23.10.11

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qAnCHUACJao?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

AS Roma 1 - 0 Palermo

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AdlHbAgvGO8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Udinese 3 - 0 Novara

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/icWpKhX72ZA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Parma 1 - 2 Atalanta

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umpBNOPRSwE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Inter 1 - 0 Chievo

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A: Juventus 2 Fiorentina 1

26 October 2011

12427276950.jpg

Juventus moved back to the top of the Serie A table with an impressive 2-1 win over rivals Fiorentina in Turin on Tuesday.

Goals from Leonardo Bonucci and Alessandro Matri either side of a Stevan Jovetic equaliser fired Juve to their first win in three matches.

The victory sends Antonio Conte's men one point clear of Udinese at the league summit, albeit temporarily, while maintaining their unbeaten start to the season.

The hosts were in absolute control in hte early stages and after several good chances, they took the lead in the 13th minute.

Andrea Pirlo chopped a corner back towards Arturo Vidal, who swept a first-time short towards goal from 15 yards.

Boruc blocked the effort but failed to hold onto the ball, and Bonucci demonstrated the type of poaching instincts associated with a striker by following up to force home the rebound.

The visitors were finding it impossible to stem the tide, and Boruc was forced into action on four further occasions, twice denying Vucinic before making impressive stops to thwart Pepe and Matri.

Fiorentina came out a different side after the break, and after 10 minutes of concerted pressure, they had their equaliser.

A rapid raid saw half-time substitute Alberto Gilardino roll the ball to Vargas, who flicked into Jovetic's path.

The Montenegrin did the rest, curling a sumptuous effort into Storari's top-left hand corner to restore parity.

The lead did not last long, though, as Juventus quickly edged back in front just eight minutes later.

And Matri was the hero, slamming home from eight yards after Pepe had shown tremendous vision to prod the ball into his path through a gap in the Fiorentina defence.

Juventus return to action on Saturday with a monumental Derby d'Italia clash against Inter at Giuseppe Meazza. Fiorentina, meanwhile, host Genoa on Sunday afternoon.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Di Natale makes Golden Ball list

25 October 2011

12427276680.jpg

Udinese striker Antonio Di Natale has thanked the club after he made it into the 50-man shortlist for the 2011 Golden Ball.

Di Natale is understood to be the only Italian nomination after scoring 57 League goals over the last two campaigns.

It remains to be seen whether the 34-year-old will make the cut when the list is reduced from 50 to 23 next Tuesday.

On December 5, the three finalists will be confirmed and the eventual winner will be handed the Golden Ball on January 9 in Zurich.

"It’s an honour that fills me with pride," he told the club’s official website. "To be mentioned alongside players such as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t happen every day."

"Obviously being the only Italian in the list makes it even more satisfying," the 34-year-old forward said.

"However, if FIFA and France Football thought of me then it is also thanks to my teammates and my club."

"Without them I would never have been able to achieve certain objectives during these last few years."

Di Natale is again heading the Serie A charts and the news has been welcomed by boss Francesco Guidolin.

"I'm happy for him," Guidolin said. "It’s not easy to be top scorer in Italy for two seasons running. It’s an amazing achievement and he deserves this recognition."

Italy boss Cesare Prandelli has said he may be use Di Natale in Euro 2012 even though he has not figured in the qualifiers.

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mazzarri urges Napoli to step up

26 October 2011

12427277000.jpg

Napoli head coach Walter Mazzarri is hoping his side will be well supported when they host Serie A leaders Udinese on Wednesday.

Napoli have picked up a single point from their last two league games and last weekend's goalless draw at Cagliari saw them drop to fifth on the table.

And Mazzarri know they will need to be at their best if they are to take anything from Udinese, who have not lost in 10 league outings.

"I hope our players will be supported as we'll be playing against the strongest team in the league," Mazzarri said.

"If there are any moments in the match where Udinese are playing better than us, we should encourage our players to play to a higher level than expected."

"Udinese have been playing very well for the last two years."

"To draw with Bayern Munich at San Paolo stadium seemed to be almost impossible and therefore the sense of reality has been lost. We need to come down to earth again."

The form of striker Edinson Cavani will be a key concern for Mazzarri, with the Argentine, who scored 33 goals in all competitions last season, having struggled to replicate that effort this term.

But Mazzarri refused to be drawn on Cavani's form, saying the striker had his full backing.

"Like I did last year with Gargano, when I notice an exaggerated criticism, I always support my players," he said. "Right now Cavani is not under discussion."

Mazzarri believes one of the main reasons behind Udinese's success so far this season is coach Francesco Guidolin, who he credited with helping to break the dominance of the 'big three' - Juventus, AC Milan and Inter.

"Why do I consider Guidolin one of the best coaches in Europe? Because he is a smart coach," Mazzarri said.

"The concept of the three big teams always winning doesn't exist anymore and this is very positive.

The positive thing is that there may be surprises."

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Juve turn attention to Inter clash

26 October 2011

12427277080.jpg

Antonio Conte admits Juventus' thoughts were already on Saturday's Serie A clash against Inter as soon as the final whistle blew in Tuesday's 2-1 win over Fiorentina.

Juventus were dominant against Sinisa Mihajlovic's men and goals from Leonardo Bonucci and Alessandro Matri either side of a Stevan Jovetic strike were enough to settle the match in Turin.

Conte reflected on his side's performance and said they need to be better prepared for the trip to San Siro.

"Inter are a great team and they have a strong squad, and so it is inevitable that my thoughts were on them," Conte said.

"In fact, at the end of the match I reminded my players about the Inter clash, that way we don't waste any time."

The team was fluid against Fiorentina, but some of the unchallenged command expected from the coach was not visible on the night.

"I wanted my players to keep up the good work after such a good first half," Conte added.

"There is some disappointment at having failed to take advantage of some of our chances, but we were able to win after Fiorentina came back into the game, and so my players deserve credit for their reaction."

Juventus moved back to the top of the table temporarily ahead of the remaining midweek fixtures in Serie A on Wednesday.

Sunday's opponents Inter play Atalanta in Bergamo.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A wrap: Top three unchanged after Udinese lose

27 October 2011

12427277470.jpg

The Serie A remains wide open after Napoli defeated Udinese 2-0 on Wednesday, while AC Milan dispatched Parma 4-1.

Udinese had a chance to return to the top of the table with victory at the Stadio San Paolo, but first-half goals from Ezequiel Lavezzi and Christian Maggio secured all three points for home side Napoli.

Lazio also missed an opportunity to top the table as they were held 1-1 at home to Catania.

The hosts went in front through Miroslav Klose's strike 16 minutes into the match at the Stadio Olimpico, with Gonzalo Bergessio notching the equaliser for visitors Catania just past the hour mark.

Wednesday's results leave the top three unchanged; Juve continue to head the table, one point ahead of Udinese and Lazio, who are second and third respectively.

Reigning champions AC Milan made up ground on the leaders, climbing to fifth with a comprehensive victory at home to Parma.

Antonio Nocerino, a close-season arrival from Palermo, claimed a hat-trick at the San Siro, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic netting the other goal for the home side.

Sebastian Giovinco bagged a consolation strike for Parma with 12 minutes to go in the match.

Elsewhere, Inter Milan led 1-0 away to Atalanta courtesy of Wesley Sneijder's 31st-minute goal.

The hosts levelled two minutes before the break through German Denis.

And they should have claimed all three points, but for a penalty miss from striker Denis in the 88th minute, leaving the scores locked at 1-1 at the final whistle.

In other matches, Siena gained a point with 1-1 draw away to promoted Novara, and Cesena were held at home to Cagliari by the same score-line.

Robert Acquafresca's goal was enough for Bologna to win 1-0 away to Chievo Verona.

Finally, Juraj Kucka struck with two minutes remaining to snatch a 2-1 win for Genoa in their match at home to Roma.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

696590_10_preview.jpg

Sneijder okays Strootman move
Inter Milan may be poised to move for PSV midfielder Kevin Strootman on the advice of star player Wesley Sneijder.

610724_10_preview.jpg
Conte support for Krasic and Chiellini
Juventus coach Antonio Conte insists under-performing duo Milos Krasic and Giorgio Chiellini will be "fundamental" to the club's chances of success.

696118_10_preview.jpg
Gattuso: I will come back stronger
AC Milan veteran midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has vowed to fight back from a potentially career-threatening injury.

596807_10_preview.jpg
Sion keen on Del Piero signing
Sion president Christian Constantin revealed that he will 'do everything' to convince Juventus midfielder Alessandro Del Piero to join the Swiss side.

696045_10_preview.jpg

Gattuso eyes return from dire injury
AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has declared that he will not quit football despite a dire eye problem that will see him sidelined for six months.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ranieri sick of Inter paying the penalty
27 October 2011

12427277580.jpg

Inter Milan coach Claudio Ranieri vented his frustration at the referee following his side's disappointing 1-1 draw at Atalanta.

Inter had a fifth penalty in eight Serie A matches this season awarded against them during the final minutes of Wednesday's clash at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia.

Goalkeeper Luca Castellazzi kept out the spot-kick from German Denis, preserving a point for the visitors.

Ranieri does not believe the officials made the correct decision and was critical of the volume of penalties given against his team so far.

"Are we annoyed by another penalty? We’re used to it now here at Inter," Ranieri told Sky Sport Italia.

"We hope all this ends soon, especially as the referee didn't give this penalty, but it was the assistant who flagged and took that responsibility."

"Looking at the replays, I think Cristian Chivu and Guido Marilungo were holding each other by the arm, but that’s just the way it seems to be going for us this season."

"We came here to win, but were playing against an Atalanta side that is doing so well and at the moment everything seems to work for them."

"Inter did well in the first half and conceded with the only real shot on target."

"After the break we created a great deal and I am happy with the performance. They gave their all and that was what we needed."

The stalemate at Atalanta leaves Inter 16th in the Serie A table, eight points behind league leaders Juventus, who they host on Saturday.

Alexandre Pato

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea linked to Parma´s Giovinco

27 October 2011

12427277350.jpg

The agent of Parma forward Sebastian Giovinco has revealed that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is a big admirer of his client.
Giovinco, 24, said he would consider returning to Juventus on Tuesday if the Italian giants promise he will be a replacement for Alessandro Del Piero who is expected to leave at the end of the season.

But reports in England have linked him with a move to Chelsea.

The Italy international is currently at Parma who paid Juventus three million euros for a co-ownership deal in the summer in which they own 50 per cent of the player's rights.

However, agent Andrea D'Amico was eager to respond to the Chelsea reports and said a move to London should not be discarded in the future because the Stamford Bridge owner liked Giovinco.

"It's no mystery that Roman Abramovich likes Giovinco," the agent told Sportal.it.

"The Chelsea owner was struck by Giovinco's performances when he played against them for Juventus (during the 2008-09 Champions League campaign)."

"Also, Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas loves the player's technical qualities, and this means he is someone who understands (football)."

"Chelsea would be a nice club (for Giovinco to join), but at the moment there is nothing concrete," the agent said.

"It all depends on Parma. They will decide. Plus, we would have to wait for an offer."

Giovinco will be in action when Parma meet AC Milan at San Siro on Wednesday in Serie A.

E.Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A: Palermo 2 Lecce 0

28 October 2011

12427278080.jpg

Palermo climbed to seventh place in Serie following a 2-0 win over Lecce on Thursday, leaving Eusebio Di Francesco's side second bottom.

Hosts Palermo started brightly and took a deserved lead 27 minutes into the match at the Stadio Renzo Barbera.Referee Davide Massa awarded a penalty when Lecce's Nenad Tomovic fouled Abel Hernandez inside the area, and Chile striker Mauricio Pinilla stepped up and beat goalkeeper Massimiliano Benassi to put Palermo ahead.

The visitors came close to an equaliser through Ignacio Piatti, who shot just wide of the post early in the second half.But with Lecce committing men forward in search of an equaliser, Palermo were able to catch them out through a swift counter attack.

Hernandez was the man to make the result safe for the home side, finishing off Eran Zahavi's pass following a fast breakaway to make it 2-0.

The margin of victory could have been greater, as substitute Fabrizio Miccoli missed a one-on-one with Benassi, before Hernandez and Zahavi were both denied by the Lecce keeper, all in the final 10 minutes.

Victory sees Palermo climb to seventh, just three points behind league leaders Juventus in a crowded top half of the table.

Lecce remain inside the relegation zone, one point off bottom side Cesena.