• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Self-Righteous Lee Wei Ling Strikes Again

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also know how to talk cock. Here goes.

"No money buy makan? Eat cake then. Be positive. "

"No money go online at home? Buy a notebook and go shopping mall to surf net. Be positive."

"Unemployed? No income? Go upgrade. Or learn to fish, go jungle pick wild fruits and berries. Be positive."

When you are somebody's famous or infamous daughter...life is always positive!:p

It is like Comparing foire gras with mee siam mai neng ( wee siam without an egg)!:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
What is suffering?

Suffering is working 18 hours a day collecting cardbox boxes. Suffering is sleeping on benches in the rain. Suffering is scrimping and enduring humilation to feed yourself and family. Suffering is having your bones eating away by cancer, because you do not have money to treat it.

Suffering is not living in Toronto trying to cook fish to get your daily dose of protein.
What is the reason for her articles in the newspapers? In what capacity is she writing these articles?
To get better karma?
Whatever it is, this lot simply has no understanding of the real world and are not able to have empathy. Or perhaps they don't really want to know. Or perhaps they know, being intellectually superior, but don't really care.

Knife

Alfrescian
Loyal
By using such personal experiences as an example of suffering, she mocks her own father and his generation, who had to go through tribulations, war and the stresses of a brand new country, so as to create what we have today. I really don't understand it. I read her articles every week just to see what self-righteous and myopic views she has decided to air in public.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is obvious that these two old women are very frustrated, that's why they take it out on innocent sinkies minding their own business in LEEgapore.

Difference : LWL is more academic, Sumiko Tan is more bitchy !
Similarity : They are OLD AND SINGLE !

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
By using such personal experiences as an example of suffering, she mocks her own father and his generation, who had to go through tribulations, war and the stresses of a brand new country, so as to create what we have today. I really don't understand it. I read her articles every week just to see what self-righteous and myopic views she has decided to air in public.

how come everytime she writes, her letters got published one?

i wrote a few times neber got published leh...

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did anyone read Dr Lee Wei Ling's highly inspirational column about suffering in Sunday Times recently? Working in Toronto alone, suffering while trying to figure out how to cook a fish all by herself, while commenting how the young nowadays do not suffer enough like she did? Respect.

I read this CCB's article on a Sg Airlines flight. Why did that CCB buy fish for? Fcuk lah, can buy noodles, meat, veges and eggs for that same price.

Then she boil the fish. Really waste of taxpayers money to educate this woman.

Maybe she should go for French cooking classes.....
:oIo:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon, one more young bitch will join their rank, a certain "if you don't make it, life will kick you in the balls" fat bitch.:oIo:

Difference : LWL is more academic, Sumiko Tan is more bitchy !
Similarity : They are OLD AND SINGLE !

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i equate her to someone driving a luxurious air-conditioned car through slums of poor people, then cursing the heavens for making her miserable when bird poo drops on her windscreen.

smart as she is, does she even have EQ?

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't read too much into her misery. There are more people suffering greater pains in silence.

If LWL is not from Lee's familee, who bothers to give a damn about her agony.

Knife

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one does. Because everyone (I hope) scorns at her kind of "suffering". What about her fellow countrymen who are morbidly sick with cancer, has electricity cut off because of the inability to pay bills, has families rife in violence and abuse, karung guni men who go around the country collecting cardboard boxes just to earn that extra cent.

She should know well enough that she is not exactly the best-placed person to talk about suffering, and criticise that the current youth have not suffered enough. If she want to talk about suffering, she should be using the lives of people who truly suffered, not her own life. Come on, she was born with a golden spoon in her mouth!

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few yeas back, winter, I was in NH, Portmouth having dinner with CEO and his merry man, we chat about Singapore too, CEO ask me "Do you know Glenn Kight? He is my classmate" I ask him "Do you know Francis Seow?"

It turn out he knows more about SG politics then most Sinkies, he knows about the facade LKY puts up and how he package a dictatorial rule into a democracy.

At least that night, they are convince that not all Singaporeans are ignorant cowards.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the reason for her articles in the newspapers? In what capacity is she writing these articles?
To get better karma?
Whatever it is, this lot simply has no understanding of the real world and are not able to have empathy. Or perhaps they don't really want to know. Or perhaps they know, being intellectually superior, but don't really care.

finally, someone asked the most important question - why the hell is LWL given so much column space in the ST?

is the Lee dynasty getting too much flak for being elitist and losing touch with the ground?

did LHL unleash his sister (or his sister persuaded him to let her help) upon s'pore to do damage control on the family image?

whatever the case, EVERYONE knows that LWL is given column space because of WHO she is, not because of the principles of Meritocracy.

the Lee clan must be getting desperate. perhaps they sense that their time is near... nothing remains forever.

Knife

Alfrescian
Loyal
finally, someone asked the most important question - why the hell is LWL given so much column space in the ST?

is the Lee dynasty getting too much flak for being elitist and losing touch with the ground?

did LHL unleash his sister (or his sister persuaded him to let her help) upon s'pore to do damage control on the family image?

whatever the case, EVERYONE knows that LWL is given column space because of WHO she is, not because of the principles of Meritocracy.

the Lee clan must be getting desperate. perhaps they sense that their time is near... nothing remains forever.

well she is doing very well in speeding up their demise. But seriously I don't think her views necessarily echo the views of her father, brothers etc. Although I can't say for sure. But she opened her mouth first.

"You go to a restaurant sometimes, you know why the fish is on the table? Because it opened its mouth." - Avram Grant, ex-Chelsea manager.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyoh what suffering! The rich and famous likes to talk about their own suffering w/o knowing what is the real stuff. They'll never know because money is the least of their problems.:rolleyes:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
To get better karma?

She is writing these articles as some sort of psychiatric therapy. Her family could not understand her emotional pain and she pour it out on her daddy's newspaper.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ehh... just a guess, maybe they are thinking of "grooming " her as a future PeeM? Maybe the 4th or 5th after LHL? Maybe this is just a "test" to see the reaction of the general public to her?

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ehh... just a guess, maybe they are thinking of "grooming " her as a future PeeM? Maybe the 4th or 5th after LHL? Maybe this is just a "test" to see the reaction of the general public to her?

no lah, i tot she suffering from some illness? anyway she too old to be next gen leader.

they just trying to soften the image of the lee dynasty.