• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDA and SDP continue to damage themselves

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Potong Pasir may be a loss cause for the SPP. For once I hope the SPP and WP can work something out together for Potong Pasir. Probably wishful thinking though. SDP claiming credit for WP's win? Saw that coming from miles away.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potong Pasir may be a loss cause for the SPP. For once I hope the SPP and WP can work something out together for Potong Pasir. Probably wishful thinking though. SDP claiming credit for WP's win? Saw that coming from miles away.

Ultra-liberals and left-wingers know how to spin any argument their way. So, now some of them claim credit for WP's victory, yet others rue the fact that KJ failed to siphon off votes from WP to prevent its victory. Worst still, they continue to cry in their soup two days after the BE since KJ got a paltry 353 votes. I am sure the mourning period will soon be over and the said forummers will be back with their political spin of a resurgent SDP. :biggrin:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would appreciate it very much if WP supporters could be more sensitive to the feelings of supporters of other opposition parties. Please do not gloat over your rival's misfortune. Remember "what goes around comes around" and "pride goes before a fall". I am new to this forum, and yet one of the WP supporters in this forum (I cannot remember his name) was so ruthless to give me "red points" just because I did not praise the WP party to sky high.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this democracy? Am I not as equal a Singaporean as you all? Is this how you welcome a newcomer to this forum? Even Sam the boss of this forum does not ill-treat me. Why must a WP supporter ill-treat another Singaporean? Is this an arrogant reflection of the WP party that you represent? Thanks.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Is this democracy? Am I not as equal a Singaporean as you all? Is this how you welcome a newcomer to this forum? Even Sam the boss of this forum does not ill-treat me. Why must a WP supporter ill-treat another Singaporean? Is this an arrogant reflection of the WP party that you represent? Thanks.

WP supporters are all thugs. If the WP were ever to gain power, it would be tens times worse than the PAP. Whitley Road detention centre would be bursting at the seams.

jw5

Loyal
It is true that SDP's withdrawal helped WP to win convincingly.
If they had not withdrawn, the opposition 54% of votes would have been spilt right down the line, and possibly not even in WP's favour.
What is certain is that the chopsticks doctor would be an MP and his smug face would be all over the press, at least until 2016.

Thank you SDP for being sensible in the final analysis.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After his devastating loss, Desmond Lim says he will change his target in 2016 GE to Potong Pasir.

This relentless "determination" to stand where the Opposition share of votes is high will only mean that DL will again have to forgo his deposit in yet another MCF. He never learned or is it where he always wanted to go?

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This relentless "determination" to stand where the Opposition share of votes will only mean that DL will again have to forgo his deposit in yet another MCF. He never learned or is it where he always wanted to go?

It's ok. His deposit all paid for anyway. He will go where he's directed to.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now we know the 400 odd spoilt votes actually belong to the SDP supporters...

Your deduction seems logical. Both NSP and SPP leaderships declared early no interest to contest the ward so likely their supporters would follow their leaders and vote tactically for an Opposition win. Both RP and SDA have their own parties to support. PAP supporters, don't have to say, must have thrown their weight behind the arsehole doctor, leaving only some SDP supporters who felt sore at missing out in the action. To their credit, most of their supporters I must say had put their support behind WP.

This, incidentally, points to a likely observation that although online you find fairly clearcut WP supporters, SDP supporters etc but the population at large seems to be mainly pro-establishment or anti-establishment with a limited overflow of clearcut party supporters from cyberspace. Future political analysis has to take this into consideration..

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would appreciate it very much if WP supporters could be more sensitive to the feelings of supporters of other opposition parties. Please do not gloat over your rival's misfortune.

As the threadstarter and WP supporter, I don't know if I am one of those you refer to. I think it is my right to criticize who I want and I see WP being attacked with untruths as well.

I am new to this forum, and yet one of the WP supporters in this forum (I cannot remember his name) was so ruthless to give me "red points" just because I did not praise the WP party to sky high.

This I agree with you. All these infractions and banning are liabilities to any forum if you ask me. Any WP supporter worthy of respect should avoid infracting.

For your info I was given red points when I criticized SDP. So far I got none when I criticized WP (supporter doesn't mean I won't criticize WP from time to time).

Last edited:

billisnotathome

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP supporters are all thugs. If the WP were ever to gain power, it would be tens times worse than the PAP. Whitley Road detention centre would be bursting at the seams.

Not sure about that. CPIB, rather the ISD, would be the more likely one making arrests left right centre. For sure.