• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scenic train journeys to take during winter

jw5

Loyal
1664808076468.png

Pike's Peak Cog Railway, USA - Based in El Paso County in Colorado, this cherished line began operations in 1889. The railway is the highest in North America.

jw5

Loyal
1664808101159.png

Pikes Peak Cog Railway, USA -

The 14-km (9-mi) journey starts low in the Pike National Forest and carries you all the way up to Pikes Peak where you can enjoy spectacular views.

jw5

Loyal
1664810990039.png

Coast Starlight West Coast Train, USA -

If you're traveling in America and fancy exploring the West Coast opt for this train adventure, which runs from Seattle to Los Angeles.

jw5

Loyal
1664811016292.png

Coast Starlight West Coast Train Adventure, USA -

The 2,216-km (1,377-mi) journey takes nearly 35 hours to complete. Besides stunning scenery, there's plenty of onboard entertainment to keep passengers occupied.

jw5

Loyal
1664813297697.png

Grand Canyon Railway, USA -

This heritage railroad takes passengers from the city of Williams in Arizona, to the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park.

jw5

Loyal
1664813321731.png

Grand Canyon Railway, USA -

In operation for more than 100 years, the locomotive and its cars travel along a 103-km (64-mi) track through some beautiful landscapes.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 162757

Glacier Express, Switzerland - This train connects Zermatt and St. Moritz in the Swiss Alps. The incredible journey takes around eight hours.
Oh ya this Glacier express is covered under Swiss travel pass but need to pay relatively inexpensive reservation charge of 33 Swiss franc (SGD50 then) and a meal that cost 30 Swiss franc. Very worth it considering the beautiful scenery throughout.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I took this train ride. Very scenic. In fact Switzerland everywhere also very scenic.
Switzerland scenery is the best in the world. Certainly beat Canadian Rockies mountain and lake views. My friend that went to New Zealand before said beat New Zealand too.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya this Glacier express is covered under Swiss travel pass but need to pay relatively inexpensive reservation charge of 33 Swiss franc (SGD50 then) and a meal that cost 30 Swiss franc. Very worth it considering the beautiful scenery throughout.
Thank goodness I have a holiday expense spreadsheet that recorded all my holiday expenses in detail.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Switzerland scenery is the best in the world. Certainly beat Canadian Rockies mountain and lake views. My friend that went to New Zealand before said beat New Zealand too.
See so many beautiful mountains and lakes to last a lifetime indeed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
See so many beautiful mountains and lakes to last a lifetime indeed.
What kind of cb democracy freedom of speech where a woman can’t even boast of her travelling without ccb people defaming her a virgin a whore? Seriously sinkies are not qualified for democracy freedom of speech. Pui!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of cb democracy freedom of speech where a woman can’t even boast of her travelling without ccb people defaming her a virgin a whore? Seriously sinkies are not qualified for democracy freedom of speech. Pui!
Sinkies are criminal bullies that only kpkb pap and ceca bully them but have no qualms to bully me defaming me a whore certainly deserve no democracy. Pui!