• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SBF exclusive. PSP's COL(Dr) Ang Yong Guan to win Marymount SMC

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the "real" poutine by Quebec standards.

Quebecois will say the poutine cheese is only made in Quebec and has to be fresh cannot frozen. Has this "squick squick" sound when you chew on it.

It is the poutine cheese that matter most according to Quebecois.

So in Alberta because we do not have fresh poutine cheese makers it is "terrible".

I think I still like it. Cheese on fries with brown gravy.

New York Fries has many kinds of "poutine" butter chicken, and curry as well.

I enjoy the macdonalds one as well.

Is there poutine in sg?
LoL... actually I asked you this Q based on an article I read in today's ST Sunday Times on the fav authentic dishes from various countries and when it came to Canada it mentioned poutine.

Tbh I have yet to try poutine in Singapore but I believe there are a few bistros and restaurants which have it on their menu.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
This is so fun! Like cybersex.
"Come unbutton your blouse, and.........."
No lah no examination.

I work with patients with pain management. Managing anxiety and insomnia.

Using cannabis because other common treatments have already been tried for their already diagnosed conditions and failed.

I cannot justify needing to examine my patients. Hence by CPSA standards now I cannot justify seeing patients in person. Also means if they kena covid cos I asked them to come in to see me I could be sued.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
LoL... actually I asked you this Q based on an article I read in today's ST Sunday Times on the fav authentic dishes from various countries and when it came to Canada it mentioned poutine.

Tbh I have yet to try poutine in Singapore but I believe there are a few bistros and restaurants which have it on their menu.
Nothing much lah

It is French fries with cheese cubes or rectangles and brown gravy.

The brown gravy sort of like the gravy from KFC for their whipped potato.

As mentioned the authentic poutine is in the special poutine cheese from Quebec.

I agree the actual Quebec poutine cheese is unique. I never ate any cheese like that. The texture is a bit like rubber. Squick squick. But it does taste good. And goes well with the fries and gravy.

But what the point if the fries are crap right? Which is why I like McDonald's. They have nice fries.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing much lah

It is French fries with cheese cubes or rectangles and brown gravy.

The brown gravy sort of like the gravy from KFC for their whipped potato.

As mentioned the authentic poutine is in the special poutine cheese from Quebec.

I agree the actual Quebec poutine cheese is unique. I never ate any cheese like that. The texture is a bit like rubber. Squick squick. But it does taste good. And goes well with the fries and gravy.

But what the point if the fries are crap right? Which is why I like McDonald's. They have nice fries.
Well according to the article, Canadians may not admit to liking poutine but actually most of them love it. Comfort food indulgence.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Well according to the article, Canadians may not admit to liking poutine but actually most of them love it. Comfort food indulgence.
Poutine is a simple dish.

Great for snack or lunch. But not for dinner

Think of it like chai tow away. It is nice. But nobody eats that for dinner. Also not a sophisticated dish. Often for snack or breakfast right?

Not many different ingredients. Almost always delicious no matter who makes it. Hard to make bad chai tow away.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Netizens were concerned about Ms Gan's military background fearing the adage that "soldiers are yes man who are good at taking orders"

Photo: from Facebook public photos / Ministry of Defence, Singapore (MINDEF)
Author

- Advertisement -
In response to the news of Singapore’s first female general, Gan Siow Huang, being a potential People’s Action Party (PAP) candidate, there has been an outpouring of skepticism, as people have questioned the number of PAP politicians who already have a military background. Given the notion of soldiers being trained to follow directions, netizens raised the concern of Ms Gan possibly being “another yes man that can only take orders.”

According to a story by Asia One, not only does Ms Gan hold a degree from the London School of Economics, but she also earned her Master’s degree in Business Administration from the MIT Sloan Fellows Program. On top of this, in 2015, she became Singapore’s first female general.

After Ms Gan was seen at a walkabout next to Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen in March, people began to wonder if she would be a candidate that the PAP would field in the General Elections. A month before, she was also spotted greeting residents alongside Member of Parliament Chee Hong Tat in a Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC dinner.

In a recent story, straitstimes.com reported that Ms Gan has now undertaken the deputy chief executive position at the National Trades Union Congress’ (NTUC) Employment and Employability Institute. She is also anticipated to be a candidate that the PAP will field for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC in the upcoming elections, which many speculate is close at hand.

- Advertisement -
In response to the news about Ms Gan, many netizens raised concerns over her background–especially as a soldier. While many expressed their disappointment over “another paper general,” one teased, “Now we know why it’s called the General Election.”

Still, others singled out the notion that soldiers always follow orders, which one netizen saw as a quality that may make Ms Gan “good for the party (but) bad for the people they serve.”

Photo: screengrab from Facebook comments / The Straits Times

- Advertisement -

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must consider his opponent is a newbie. First time. Also lady BG which we do not know how residents will take to.

Newbie vs veteran. Female BG. Frankly General these days could be a negative factor for the candidate.

she will make the resident there standby universe to combat current dengue issue, morning will have 5bx to make sure all male can pass ippt

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must consider his opponent is a newbie. First time. Also lady BG which we do not know how residents will take to.

Newbie vs veteran. Female BG. Frankly General these days could be a negative factor for the candidate.
My question is. What has this General accomplish to be a general? And got promoted once a year like pinky? At least we all know wat dr ang did

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal

real Canadians eat pierogi.

of course if you never stay there you won't know one. :wink:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
here discussing dr ang
and you all shit all over the place
lidat how to support dr ang
the general lady sure walk away a winner lidat lah
whose fault
sammyboys always support pap forever

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I beg to differ, my kakis and I fuck the PAP at the polls.

yes sir
no matter how hard we fucked
pap comes first and return with 90% landslide victory
sammyboys fuck and fuck also no use
every year , every erection, every poll
sama sama sama - pap champion horse

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I also talk about Canadian politics but not on this forum.

I also talk about immigration programs like Parent Grandparent Program PGP. But not on this forum.

I also talk about IMGs in Canada but not on this forum.

I still working lah. And in a very boring job that I hate. So I come here ka jiao also lah.

Cannot meh? As it is I am not one of the top posting members here lah.

Also I have made it such that if you dont like the fact that I am someone who has left sg and still commenting ie you belong to the condemn quitters group supporting Goh Chok Tong then to make you feel better I am a Grab food delivery guy who lives in Canada Rd in Singapore.

If you like my story of migrating and leaving sg for a new life then you can continue believing I am in Calgary.

Whatever you like. Dont be shy. I very good give people choice what they want to believe. Both also can and both also true.
I don't give a rat's ass where you are or what you do. Just thinking aloud how you can start a thread confident of knowing that Dr. Ang can win in a place that is here in Sinkeepoo when you are holed up in a place half a world away? Wow, you must know something that we, who are living and breathing Sinkeepoo air don't. :o-o:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't give a rat's ass where you are or what you do. Just thinking aloud how you can start a thread confident of knowing that Dr. Ang can win in a place that is here in Sinkeepoo when you are holed up in a place half a world away? Wow, you must know something that we, who are living and breathing Sinkeepoo air don't. :o-o:
he's is mark andrew... a good bubby of jw5... :geek: