• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad video: Man works 7 days a week to feed family of 7 and still not enough

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Gosh.... you really believe in these sensationalizing stories by Mediacock to wipe up the sentiments of fellow Sinkies ??

If you do, I have to salute the script writer, editing crew, and the hosts for putting such a nice show for you..... Remember that moron Chao Qi Tai, the compere for NKF show ? How much did you donate after his teary bidding ?

Dun forget, Quan Yi Feng is a nominee/award winner for every Mediacock award. The editing crew and script writers have technology to whip up more sobbing stories.

Take it with a pinch of salt........ Mediacock needs viewers like you to sponsor their programs.

Mmmmmmmm......... or have I become cold~~~~~ over the years ?

Chen Meimei has five boys, the eldest is 14 and the youngest is only 5. Her husband works as an odd-job laborer earning $800 monthly only if there is work available for him. She had a major operation 10 years ago for liver infection and is unable to work. The family of seven lives in a 2 room flat which appears to be poorly maintained. In spite of the hardship, Meimei claimed she is happy just to fulfil her duties as a wife to her husband and a mother to her 5 children.

Watch the video in 2 parts here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/25/life-transformer-man-works-7-hours-a-week-to-feed-family-of-7/

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't it amazing that the poorest people who cannot basically afford kids want to have as many as possible while those who can measure their decision more carefully? Must be the education levels...or maybe poor people trying to save on condoms.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
The family ordeal could be reel.... I mean real.

But, the sobbing garnish is just too much. Dun you think so ??

yAh lah, u have. Mediacorp may be screwed up, but the families featured are real as hell.

Time to return to your ROOTS, kunta :wink::biggrin:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen Meimei has five boys, the eldest is 14 and the youngest is only 5. Her husband works as an odd-job laborer earning $800 monthly only if there is work available for him. She had a major operation 10 years ago for liver infection and is unable to work. The family of seven lives in a 2 room flat which appears to be poorly maintained. In spite of the hardship, Meimei claimed she is happy just to fulfil her duties as a wife to her husband and a mother to her 5 children.

Watch the video in 2 parts here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/25/life-transformer-man-works-7-hours-a-week-to-feed-family-of-7/

"I have explained this. I think I lost votes after I explained the awful truth. Nobody believed it, but slowly it dawned on them, especially the graduates, that yes, you marry a non-graduate, then you worry about whether or not your son or daughter is going to make it to the university." - Lee Kuan Yew speaking at the Human Capital Summit, 24 October 2008

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't it amazing that the poorest people who cannot basically afford kids want to have as many as possible while those who can measure their decision more carefully? Must be the education levels...or maybe poor people trying to save on condoms.

I have a theory. It also explains why people in wartorn and poor countries have so many children, and those in 1st world countries have 2-3 at most.

When you are poor and your family is in danger all the time, you want many children to 'spread the risk' so perhaps 1-2 will survive. That's how frogs have hundreds of eggs but only a few survive beyond the tadpole stage.

If you're in a safe and rich country, you'll think about giving your child the best, and not worry about family survival. So you have fewer children and focus your resources on these few children.

jw5

Loyal
I have a theory. It also explains why people in wartorn and poor countries have so many children, and those in 1st world countries have 2-3 at most.

When you are poor and your family is in danger all the time, you want many children to 'spread the risk' so perhaps 1-2 will survive. That's how frogs have hundreds of eggs but only a few survive beyond the tadpole stage.

If you're in a safe and rich country, you'll think about giving your child the best, and not worry about family survival. So you have fewer children and focus your resources on these few children.
But wouldn't some rich people be concerned that due to their unscrupulous and immoral behaviour, their only child may be in danger?

jw5

Loyal
It's to do with thought process.
People who can think are usually people who can make money.
But of course, there will be some people who "over-think" and there will be some poor children who rise above poverty and become very rich as adults.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is from 'Life Transformers' ... showing on ch 8 every monday 8pm ... hosted by christopher lee & quan yi feng ... so many ppl i know are fond of this program, how come the forummers here don't seem to know ?! :confused:

Loongy - heng ah ! lucky i born into Lee Family, not into those transformer families ... can earn US$2m per year, but 'hard work' lah, everyday give ppl curse, give ppl scold ... hee hee ... :biggrin:

Programs like these are to make the miserable feel better. The unfortunate
will feel even more fortunate after watching the show. Hence they will be
satisfied with their miserable lot in life and accept whatever shit dished out
to them.:eek:

I avoid such shows, because it stifles the ambition in you.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saaaaaaaad sto...ries..... makes me waaa...na crrrrrrrrrry :rolleyes:
knn... mediacock show for f88k? telling u 2 live within ur means n dun kpkb 2 gahmen?

mediacock tio si mediacock... :oIo: