• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad Postings in REACH by Men...

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading the postings, I think we need to support our brudders and write in REACH. Make your views known!!!

http://www.reach.gov.sg/YourSay/DiscussionForum/tabid/101/mode/3/Default.aspx?ssFormAction=[[ssBlogThread_VIEW]]&tid=[[380]]

Proposed Amendment to Women's Charter

While I believe enforcement is needed to safeguard the women & the children's interest, the issue i feel is that how can the man's interest be safeguard too.
I am currently going thu divorce
I had to pay interim maintanance yet my wife denied me any reasonable access to my children. I had tried all means (Getting a locksmith), "kipnapped" own children
call police and ended hand-cuffed becoz she charged at me (Can u believe this !!!).
I had not see my children for the past 10months.
I wonder when I am going to see them again especially when the court proceeding for divorce in singapore is extremely inefficient. My divorce had dragged on & coming to 2years and there is stilll no light

I was a divorcee and is now remarried. I have paid a lump sum to my ex-wife over a couple of years as stipulated in our divorce paper. I am still sore about the payment because we do not have any children and she is earning a comparable income.

Unlike some countries that have unfair treatment or laws towards woman, Singapore treats both sexes with equality and without prejudice. In fact, some women are earning more compared to the men and they are also better educated.

For example, the nominal alimony of $1 that is used to protect the women may extend to the men. :smile:

Hence, I proposed that the Women's Charter should be renamed Family's Charter and laws that are used to protect the woman should be applied to the men too. Women's Charter is an outdated model to adopt in this society

Let the law applies equally to both sexes. While there are men who are irresponsible, there are also women who are equally irresponsible.

Inefficient people working in the family court with so much delay even if you want to get divorced.
I'm married for 4 yrs & going for divorce.
Divorce finally filed after 4.5yrs after much delay with loose reasoning like need to change lawyers & so also much waiting or postpone.
Interim divorced finally out in 5.5 yrs.
Now 6.5 yrs & 3rd affidavit for ancilliary matters just completed & I'm still waiting for court hearing date.
No life if u want to get divorce & you cant even concentrate your work now.
Now waiting for court decision on how to split the man's asset & CPF & providing maintenence to my ex-wife.
Man still got to pay ex-wife no matter how bad or loose or rich is your ex-wife, as long she is a woman.
No consideration for man & it's nightmare for man that will never ends with those woman charter.

Should start a man charter.
A breakdown in marriage is not always the fault of the man. Who will protect the man interest? Where can the man turn to for help? Woman are calling for equal right, but when come to divorce, are they playing it fair and equal?
Singapore Laws are over protecting the women and causing cold feet to the man. It's time someone start a man charter and get the men their status back.
With Law tilted towards women, the man have to be submissive instead, to prevent a divorce threat from the wife. What have this world becomes? Men submissive to women?

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN lor....

If man sleep around and get caught.... he die cock standing.

If woman sleep around and get caught .... his cock is cut off.

Either way, women always winz.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Woman Charter was drawn up from an era when women were less educated & the wages they earn is not equal to men. Times have changed, the woman charter should be dismantled & replace by one that respect both sexes & provide protection for both.

Woman Charter implies that men are all beasts.

"woman without her, man is a beast" ( woman without her man, is a beast).

Men should have a charter also protecting the men from women, afterall; many of them these days, behave worst than beasts.

But then we deserve what we ask for, the MIW, who will perpectuate anything that will enslave the men...so vote wisely, vote for your future & the future of your generations...

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Indian friend also kenna bad.

He was brought to court by his chinese wife. He is an 'O' level and she is a Masters degree holder. He works but the wife decides to stay at home with the maid. They have 2 children. He earns about $5k plus (before CPF).

Recently, the wife sue him through family court for not providing enough finanical support to the family. Although everything in the family is paid by him, the wife demanded $4k from him every month. The wife would be in-charge of all payment then. The judge asked my friend if he is willing to pay, my friend replied, if I give how I survive with a few hundred dollars every month.

You see the women are using the court to force men to give them money so that they could control the finance and also control the man.

Wicked!!!

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Indian friend also kenna bad.

He was brought to court by his chinese wife. He is an 'O' level and she is a Masters degree holder. He works but the wife decides to stay at home with the maid. They have 2 children. He earns about $5k plus (before CPF).

Recently, the wife sue him through family court for not providing enough finanical support to the family. Although everything in the family is paid by him, the wife demanded $4k from him every month. The wife would be in-charge of all payment then. The judge asked my friend if he is willing to pay, my friend replied, if I give how I survive with a few hundred dollars every month.

You see the women are using the court to force men to give them money so that they could control the finance and also control the man.

Wicked!!!

With the charter, a woman only suffers if she stays married. Divorce is her kingdom!

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before we sign any contract, we can engage a lawyer to vet for us and advise us of the legal implications, applicable laws, any potential loop holes, damages payable if any, how the judge will assess the case if there is a dispute/breach/termination of contract etc.

I think they should set up a legal counter at ROM for couples who need to know the legal implications (with emphasis on the Women's Charter) of the Marriage Cert (contract?) before signing on the dotted line.

Lawyers should also start organising seminars on the WC. I'm sure it will be a sell out crowd.......

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why it takes so long for the divorce proceedings while getting married so so damn easy and efficient - everthing from booking the date on the ROM website to signing on the dotted line takes at most 1 hour.

If the goverment is encouraging people to get married and set up a family, they should also realise that people make mistakes and so we should make it easy for them to get divorce so that they can start a new family. Any sane person who has been through a divorce will never get married again and any sane person who has seen what a divorcee has to go thru will also be chickened out.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before we sign any contract, we can engage a lawyer to vet for us and advise us of the legal implications, applicable laws, any potential loop holes, damages payable if any, how the judge will assess the case if there is a dispute/breach/termination of contract etc.

I think they should set up a legal counter at ROM for couples who need to know the legal implications (with emphasis on the Women's Charter) of the Marriage Cert (contract?) before signing on the dotted line.

Lawyers should also start organising seminars on the WC. I'm sure it will be a sell out crowd.......

If you do that, we will end having the largest concentration of 'lau kway bu' in the world. The comm. of oaths will ask the man, have you read & understood the Woman's Charter, which will have to be printed in 4 major Languages. I bet you, 99.9% of the men will back out from the marriage.

Make the men read the woman's charter before they commit to a marriage, that is what the women wants then this is what they will get...remained unmarried.

but aren't we all equal, as sanctified by THE sinGAPORE NATIONAL PLEDGE...

We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society
based on justice and equality
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
progress for our nation.

The woman's charter protect the woman only...while the man is left, hanging on the tree, till all his 'leaves have fallen'; for all they care. VOTE WISELY.

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
across many cultures, when man pays dowry only once in a marriage. in singapore, men pay it before & after the marriage.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you do that, we will end having the largest concentration of 'lau kway bu' in the world. The comm. of oaths will ask the man, have you read & understood the Woman's Charter, which will have to be printed in 4 major Languages. I bet you, 99.9% of the men will back out from the marriage.

Make the men read the woman's charter before they commit to a marriage, that is what the women wants then this is what they will get...remained unmarried.

I get what you mean. Its like installing/buying a software. Before you install, they show you the T&C and then you have to tick the "I have read and accept the T&C" before you can proceed. Once you get pass that page, the contract is established. So ROM should have the WC page and make the bride the tick the "I have read and accept" before he can book the date. :biggrin:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you can't tame your woman, don't marry. have you read shakespear ? just give enough swaps on your woman's buttocks to tame her, simple ?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marriage should be changed to a legal contract renewable after 3 or 4 years. If either side fails to fulfill the T&C during the tenure, a settlement can be sought.

Less mess for both parties.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I get what you mean. Its like installing/buying a software. Before you install, they show you the T&C and then you have to tick the "I have read and accept the T&C" before you can proceed. Once you get pass that page, the contract is established. So ROM should have the WC page and make the bride the tick the "I have read and accept" before he can book the date. :biggrin:

Something like that, one have check the box that says I agree before proceeding, if not the next button, will bring you back to the installation screen.

There will be additional splash screen in the begining, if you of legal age press yes, if not no.

:biggrin:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
A women only need to get married/divorced once and she will like on 'welfare' for the rest of her life until another idiot is willing to pick up the tab.

At the rate that we are going, they might as well as state a law that all salary earned by men be deposited directly into their wives bank acccount.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does the women charter affect men who went oversea to marry?
or you must get out of singapore to truly escape from the women charter?
now you have 1 more reason to leave singapore. Let the FT take over singapore.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it will be subject to the country's law.

Businessmen go to tax havens to register their companies. S'pore men should also do some research and register their marriages elsewhere.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I understand that the Women's Charter applies as long as you're a Singapore citizen and your foreign wife decides to sue for divorce in Singapore, whether or not your marriage was registered in Singapore. Your foreign wife need not even have lived in Singapore before. But she must get the foreign marriage certificate verified at High Court. Signing power-of-attorney to a Singapore lawyer would take care of that. Practically all countries recognize all certified and verified marriages in other countries, especially for prevention of international polygamy.