• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad....Did PAP Bad Policies Cause This?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to Tracy, the figures show that the PAP is causing misery.

However, when I point out that other countries have worse rates, she then says the same figures that she used to condemn the PAP aren't trustworthy in the first place.

This is typical of a PAP critic. They twist and turn to suit their agenda.

Did you misunderstand me? If you think you didnt, show me where did i say that the figures show pap is causing misery.

which figure do you think i referred to??

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks...but these records are not accessible to the public

Give you a tip. Ask for stats on attempted suicide as well. They have the records coz attempted suicide cases are investigated by the police. Whatever figures they give, multiply by two. Investigators are known to 'jaw' away these cases to avoid additional workload.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give you a tip. Ask for stats on attempted suicide as well. They have the records coz attempted suicide cases are investigated by the police. Whatever figures they give, multiply by two. Investigators are known to 'jaw' away these cases to avoid additional workload.

thanks.

i agree with you that we cant take PAP/SPF official figures as the truth.

I know of an officer from Central police Station. He was so overworked that he had to tell his station's Police officers not to arrest people for minor offences. every arrest has to be followed up with paper work which adds on to his overwork

Taboo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why should they "jaw" away those cases? Avoid additional workload? That is unethical and dishonest right

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks...please see post#88

Yup, read that. Imo, a person ends his life when he/she comes to a conclusion, rightly or wrongly, that there are no options left and suicide is the best and only way to end his misery. Takes alot of courage to end one's life whatever the act.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup, read that. Imo, a person ends his life when he/she comes to a conclusion, rightly or wrongly, that there are no options left and suicide is the best and only way to end his misery. Takes alot of courage to end one's life whatever the act.

yes, very courageous or desperate.

i believe many of these suicide cases have been pushed by bad pap policies which made them desperate. Post#82 by Blindswordsman gave some examples

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks.

i agree with you that we cant take PAP/SPF official figures as the truth.

I know of an officer from Central police Station. He was so overworked that he had to tell his station's Police officers not to arrest people for minor offences. every arrest has to be followed up with paper work which adds on to his overwork

Should be much 'healthier' today. During my time, each IO carried at least 80-100 Invest Papers in his cupboard. Some darent even open their cupboard!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should be much 'healthier' today. During my time, each IO carried at least 80-100 Invest Papers in his cupboard. Some darent even open their cupboard!

I heard Central was one of the most notorious and the Inspectors, ASPs were very overworked

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it is quite revealing for CP Ng to tell the COI that he is short of Police Officers. Something must have gone grossly wrong for the CP to have to turned to the COI. What happened to regular Police Manpower Review Exercises?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
yes, very courageous or desperate.

i believe many of these suicide cases have been pushed by bad pap policies which made them desperate. Post#82 by Blindswordsman gave some examples

So what about suicide cases in NZ, Australia, Norway, Finland, Sweden etc. Are they caused by bad policies too or are governments in these countries absolved of all blame when it comes to people killing themselves?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should they "jaw" away those cases? Avoid additional workload? That is unethical and dishonest right

The civil service works this way. Not possible for work to be evenly distributed. The busy police investigators will jaw their cases. As long as not too 'daring' this is acceptable. The CBLs will create unnecessary work to keep themselves busy. Some are good actors. They will pile their completed files on their table and cheek cho loke kio when supervisor steps in. Unethical and dishonest? You decide.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The civil service works this way. Not possible for work to be evenly distributed. The busy police investigators will jaw their cases. As long as not too 'daring' this is acceptable. The CBLs will create unnecessary work to keep themselves busy. Some are good actors. They will pile their completed files on their table and cheek cho loke kio when supervisor steps in. Unethical and dishonest? You decide.

I can assure you it is exactly the same in the private sector.