• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rubbish

jw5

Loyal
What To Dabao From Beo Crescent Food Centre

Porridge Kiosk

1640787199411.png

Porridge Kiosk serves a variety of toppings on its congee, chicken, squid or pork. But we prefer the century egg version. The base is decidedly Cantonese – thick and chewy – while the protein offers a smooth, jelly-like texture and the you tiao brings crunch.

S$3 to S$5

Tuesdays to Sundays, 6.30am to 12pm

Address 38A Beo Cres, #01-86, Singapore 169982

jw5

Loyal
What To Dabao From Beo Crescent Food Centre

Kia Xiang Du Du Nyonya Kueh

1640791754340.png

For dessert, head to Kia Xiang for kueh tutu. This Peranakan pastry is made from steamed rice flour and stuffed with palm sugar and shredded coconut. Kia Xiang’s rendition is thick and fluffy, yet moist on the inside.

S$0.80 to S$2

Tuesdays to Sundays, 6.30am to 2pm

Address 38A Beo Cres, #01-88 Market, Singapore 169982

jw5

Loyal
Where To Dabao Bak Chor Mee In Singapore

Xing Ji Rou Cuo Mian

1640956035408.png

Easties will definitely be familiar with this stall, located at the beloved Bedok 85 Fengshan Market & Food Centre. These delightful bowls come with springy noodles and a flavoursome broth, and the aromatic fried garlic bits on top make the dining experience a mouthwatering one for sure. Make sure to stop by during non-peak hours, otherwise, expect a snaking queue.

(Image credit: @nickblitzz)

Address 85 Bedok North Street 4, #01–07, Singapore 460085

jw5

Loyal

Soon Heng Pork Noodles

1640959325204.png

If you’re craving for a bowl of Bak Chor Mee in the CBD, get your fix at Soon Heng Pork Noodles in Tanjong Pagar. The broth here is pleasantly light and easy on the palate while staying true to the meaty flavour of the pork, and they’ve also added a couple of silky meat wontons in the soup as an extra ingredient as well.

(Image credit: @shootandspoon)

Address 120 Neil Road Singapore 088855

jw5

Loyal

Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle

1641219165051.png

Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle was popular amongst those in the know, but after consistently earning a Michelin Star from 2016 to 2021, the fanbase of the humble stall has definitely multiplied. Here, find vinegary bowls of dry mee pok perfectly complemented by perfectly cooked slices of pork and liver. The crunchy pieces of fried sole fish give the dish a lot more texture than other stalls out there, and the dumplings also add a distinctive bite to the dish. Be warned: the queue here can be as long as 90 minutes during peak periods.

Address
Blk 466 Crawford Lane #01-12, Singapore 190465

jw5

Loyal

Tai Wah Pork Noodle

1641307336628.png

Although often mistaken for its Michelin-starred competitor above, Tai Wah Pork Noodle is just as commendable when it comes to bak chor mee, especially when it’s also been awarded the Michelin Bib Gourmand. Here, expect a base laced with a delicious mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, and chilli, all of which coat the springy noodles and minced meat, tender pork slices, and liver. The soup is just as flavoursome here; expect a hearty serving dumplings, meatballs and seaweed to come with.

(Image credit: @carazayfoodies)

Address
Hong Lim Food Centre #02-16, 531A Upper Cross Street, Singapore 051531

jw5

Loyal

58 Minced Meat Noodle

1641309644189.png

More fondly referred to as Taman Jurong BCM, 58 Minced Meat Noodle is famous for their thick, robust pork broth that’s full of garlicky goodness. Apart from springy noodles cooked al dente, find a generous serving of pork lard sprinkled on top for an aromatic experience unlike any other. Similar to other stalls, 58 Minced Meat Noodle will serve a bowl of the warm, meaty soup on the side if you order the dry variant so that you won’t miss out on its mouthwatering broth.

(Image credit: @adibeevince)

Address
3 Yung Sheng Rd, #03-150 Taman Jurong Food Centre, Singapore 618499

jw5

Loyal

Seng Kee Bak Chor Mee

1641395471466.png

Nothing says comfort food more than a steaming bowl of Bak Chor Mee soup, and the one at Seng Kee Bak Chor Mee proves to be one of the best ones yet. The thick, almost gelatinous soup is laden with generous servings of minced pork, tender pork liver and silky smooth fish maw. Even their sliced mushrooms are full of flavour: they are braised for at least four hours to a perfect savoury-sweetness that cannot be recreated elsewhere.

(Image credit: @hungryn)

Address
9A Serangoon Garden Way, #01-37, Singapore 555945

jw5

Loyal
What To Dabao From Ang Mo Kio

Teck Kee Cooked Food

1641399300951.png

Teck Kee Cooked Food sells my all-time favourite (S$3). I can’t emphasise enough how divine their noodles are, except by bolding my phrases so you can imagine me screaming across the screen at you confessing that I, an impatient Singaporean, will willingly queue 20 minutes for a bowl each time I visit Kebun Baru Market and Food Centre.

1641399324126.png

Their Sheng Mian has an al dente (I cringe using this descriptor on a Chinese noodle, but it must be done) bite, almost like a ramen noodle, while their soup manages to be both sweet and salty in all the right amounts. A bowl of their noodles also includes an egg, slices of pork, liver, and fishballs.

Starting at just $3 a bowl, you have to try Teck Kee Cooked Food at least once in your life.

Block 226H Ang Mo Kio Street 22, Kebun Baru Market and Food Centre, #01-23, Singapore 568226
Fri to Wed: 7am – 2pm
Closed on Thu

jw5

Loyal

Xi Xiang Feng Yong Tau Fu

1641399941296.png

My siblings adore Xi Xiang Feng Yong Tau Fu. That, and the endlessly long queue at the stall, attest to the goodness of their grub. I personally adore their Yong Tau Fu Soup (from S$3), which is boiled with soybean and dried fish, infusing the soup with a good deal of flavour without the need for any MSG.

1641399960716.png

Their Dry Yong Tau Fu (from S$3) sauce is sweet and tangy, and goes superbly with bee hoon. Xi Xiang Feng Yong Tau Fu also gives customers the option of having their yong tau fu ingredients with chee cheong fun instead of noodles, which is quite a delightful change from what we normally get in hawker centres.

Block 724 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6, #01-23, Singapore 560724
Tel: +65 9635 3203
Mon to Sat: 7am – 7pm
Closed on Sun

jw5

Loyal

Lao San Kway Chap

1641476096899.png

Lao San Kway Chap and its trademark green bowls fill my heart with joy and my stomach with soup. Their ingredients are fresh and most importantly, devoid of that weird grimey intestine taste, while their thin sheets of silky smooth kway glide around in a warm bowl of dark, meaty broth.

1641476116605.png

They’ve been around for as long as I can remember, and have consistently cooked up good fare. A basic set of Kway Chap starts at S$4, so take my word and satisfy your kway-vings at Lao San Kway Chap.

Block 232 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, #01-1196, Singapore 560232
+65 9487 0693
Fri to Wed: 8am – 8pm
Closed on Thu

jw5

Loyal

Eng Ho Fried Hokkien Mee

I enjoy a good plate of Hokkien mee and whenever I’m around Ang Mo Kio, I always get mine from Eng Ho Fried Hokkien Mee. As a whole, Eng Ho Fried Hokkien Mee’s Hokkien Mee (S$4) is decently good, and it is their use of thick prawn stock and thin bee hoon that have me constantly going back for more.

1641479642061.png

The thin bee hoon soaks up the prawn gravy, so each mouthful of noodles is a umami-heaven. The faint wafts of wok hei also impart a delicious charred flavour to the mee, winning the heart of lovers of smoky flavours like myself.

Blk 409 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, #01-34, Singapore 560409
+65 9815 6826
Wed to Sun: 4pm – 11pm
Closed on Mon & Tue

jw5

Loyal

Seletar Sheng Mian & Mian Fen Guo

1641482286879.png

Also located in Kebun Baru Market and Food Centre is Seletar Sheng Mian and Mian Fen Guo. With equal popularity and queue-length to Teck Kee Cooked Food, this stall whips up a stellar bowl of Sheng Mian (S$3) with a different appeal.

1641482309200.png

Their noodles are softer, and the flour coating the noodles thickens the Sheng Mian broth to a somewhat starchy, almost lor mee-like gravy consistency. The plate of noodles is thick and warm, resulting in a satisfying eat anytime of the day.

226H Ang Mo Kio Street 22, Kebun Baru Market and Food Centre, #01-07, Singapore 568226
Sat to Thu: 6am – 2.30pm
Closed on Fri

jw5

Loyal

Han Jiang Fish Soup

1641484263501.png

Fish porridge is one of my favourite foods so whenever I visit a hawker centre, I’m always on the lookout for stalls that sell a good, robust bowl of fish soup. Han Jiang Fish Soup has one of the more memorable soups I’ve tried.

1641484290811.png

Flavoured with tomato, bitter gourd, seaweed and parsley, their Sliced Fish Soup (from S$5) is somehow sweeter than that of other typical stalls. Not forgetting the star of the dish—the batang fish slices. These thickly-cut pieces of delight are so fresh that you can savour the springiness and natural sweetness of the fish meat. Yum!

409 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, Teck Ghee Square, #01-15, Singapore 560409
Tue to Sun: 11am – 2pm & 5pm – 10pm
Closed on Mon

jw5

Loyal

Bedok Chwee Kueh

1641651887442.png

I’m not crazy about chwee kueh, but on occasion a craving strikes, I always head to AMK 628 Market to get my fill of Bedok Chwee Kueh. Priced from S$1 for two pieces of Chwee Kueh, Their golden-brown chai poh is the perfect medley of sweet, savoury and crunchy. Paired with the soft, starchy white kueh, the combination is truly sublime.

1641651915481.png

On greedy days, I like to have their Chwee Kueh alongside two soft boiled eggs. Spooning runny yolk and dark soya sauce over your Chwee Kueh makes for a satisfying and mind-blowing breakfast.

628 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4, AMK 628 Market, #01-96, Singapore 560628
Daily: 6.30am – 9.30pm

jw5

Loyal

Face Ban Mian

1642082159059.png

If you are a ban mian lover, you’re in for a treat. Face Ban Mian adds thin slices of tender pork-belly to their noodles, a unique touch that I personally feel elevates the entire bowl of their mouth-watering Ban Mian Soup (S$4.50).

1642082190701.png

Their soup is less salty than some may prefer, but I enjoy the lightness of their anchovy-based broth. It is the perfect kind of soup that warms you from the inside without setting off the MSG alarms in your head.

During your visit, do also try their Ban Mian Dry (S$4.50). These bouncy noodles seasoned with dark and spicy sauce will surely capture your liking too.

722 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, Singapore 560722
Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 9.30pm
Sat & Sun: 8am – 9.30pm

jw5

Loyal

Hong Heng Beef Noodle Soup & Laksa

1642084326654.png

Hong Heng Beef Noodle Soup & Laksa has been featured on media platforms on several occasions, so they’re quite a well-known stall. My whole family would frequent the hawker back when it was still at Ang Mo Kio Block 233, so of course when they moved I had to follow them to their new location at Kebun Baru Market and Food Centre.

1642084350738.png

While the stall serves unique variations like mixed beef in laksa, their Beef Noodle Soup (from S$4.50) is the go-to order. Here, the beef soup is robust and flavourful. A match made in heaven especially when savoured together with their noodles, tender slices of beef and firm, tasty meatballs.

226H Ang Mo Kio Street 22, Kebun Baru Market and Food Centre, #01-16, Singapore 568226
Tue to Sun: 7.30am – 3.30pm
Closed on Mon

jw5

Loyal

Ho Bee Roasted Food

1642344880028.png

Situated in AMK 628 Market, Ho Bee Roasted Food is where I go for a plate of good Char Siew & Roast Pork Belly Rice (S$3.50).

1642344935056.png

Their roasted meats are fragrant and tender, especially so their pork and duck. The well-seasoned roast pork skin crackles perfectly with each bite, resulting in an addictive treat when paired with their house-made chilli sauce. On the other hand, the eatery’s roast duck meat retains its soft juiciness beneath the crisp skin.

I particularly like the side of achar that comes with each portion of rice. These crunchy and tangy vegetables go supremely well with the sticky, sweet sauce ladled over the rice, a match made in heaven catered to suit the liking of most roast meat lovers.

628 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4, AMK 628 Market, #01-84, Singapore 560628
+65 6225 5632
Daily: 6.30am – 9.30pm