• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello!

Anyone can give me an estimate how much a reasonably nice reno below will cost?

1) Wet kitchen cabinet
2) Dry kitchen cabinet
3) Built-in wardrobe in 4 bedrooms (including one walk-in)
4) Whole house lightings (including chandliers at living and dining)
5) Whole house curtains

For a 3800 sft house?

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello!

1) Wet kitchen cabinet
2) Dry kitchen cabinet
5) Whole house curtains

For a 3800 sft house?

I assume you also need things like grilles, autogate etc? If you approach ID companies, I think its around RM 100-150K. ID company Ori-xxxx told me bluntly I cant do much with RM100k for 2,400 sq ft terrace. Their so-called senior designer was totally disinterested upon hearing my RM100K budget. Kept telling me "blah blah v expensive leh. Your budget cant take it" etc etc

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I assume you also need things like grilles, autogate etc? If you approach ID companies, I think its around RM 100-150K. ID company Ori-xxxx told me bluntly I cant do much with RM100k for 2,400 sq ft terrace. Their so-called senior designer was totally disinterested upon hearing my RM100K budget. Kept telling me "blah blah v expensive leh. Your budget cant take it" etc etc

No ID for me :cool:
Will be renting out... time to read up Wuqi's how to renovate your house for rental

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello!

1) Wet kitchen cabinet
2) Dry kitchen cabinet
5) Whole house curtains

For a 3800 sft house?

Should be aroud 80K to 100K.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
No ID for me :cool:
Will be renting out... time to read up Wuqi's how to renovate your house for rental

Renovation for rental; can keep it simple with neutral colors. Personal experience, go with quality fans and lights, etc. Look for low/cheap maintenance item and trusted brands.

Depending on ur target rental, it may not need to be beautiful, as compared to functional and durable.

Ferrariman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got quote from Victor from Zest Design. Kitchen cabinet average RM430 to RM550 per ft run. Depending on your design and material used. Wardrobe average RM480 to RM600 per ft run. Depends on design. I use black/grey mirror doors for wardrobe doors, this costs me RM580 per ft run.can use mirrors in kitchen cabinet too, I guess. Just beware, some cabinet maker give you cheap price but will short change on their material used.I use false ceiling so most are down lights.

Ferrariman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chandelier are expensive so lightings costs are mostly what kind of lightings you buy from the shops. Curtains, guess its individual and varies on quality you choose. 5k will be good budget. Hope this help.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chandelier are expensive so lightings costs are mostly what kind of lightings you buy from the shops. Curtains, guess its individual and varies on quality you choose. 5k will be good budget. Hope this help.

There are many lighting shops at Nusa Bestari (around Keck Seng). I estimate that in terms of purchase, installation and use of LED and fluorescent tube, for weekenders of JB house, fluorescent light is the best value for $. However the problem with downlight with glass cover using fluorescent tube is heat can accumulate and lower the life-span. But I think I will go for downlight as it is neater and requires less cleaning.

The locals inform me that they usually spend about $3-4k RM for double storey. They told me that earlier quote I got for $5k+ RM is way overkill. I have decided to postpone my curtain purchase and use newspaper and tape (nearly free) instead while shopping around for the best deal :-P

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
a word called improvise save u over thousand dollar titter.gifand u may not even wan whole hse curtained in e end..

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
a word called improvise save u over thousand dollar View attachment 9506and u may not even wan whole hse curtained in e end..

Juz to add e ROI for LED vs CFL is about 2 years for weekenders. Likely for LED to degrade in lumens or spoil in these 2 years. So CFL is e way go go for me. Newspaper as curtain for me until someone gives me really good discount. Can avoid hassle of washing n hanging curtains in e mean time.

Last edited:

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many lighting shops at Nusa Bestari (around Keck Seng). I estimate that in terms of purchase, installation and use of LED and fluorescent tube, for weekenders of JB house, fluorescent light is the best value for $. However the problem with downlight with glass cover using fluorescent tube is heat can accumulate and lower the life-span. But I think I will go for downlight as it is neater and requires less cleaning.

Since I travel to China often, I bought most of my lights from China. Asked my colleague in China to order from Taobao and I hand carry back. Alternatively you can buy through Daigou. They will charge yo a service charge and you need to pay shipping cost.

- http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.218&id=10147058661
- http://www.65daigou.com/Help/ShipmentFeeDemo.aspx

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since I travel to China often, I bought most of my lights from China. Asked my colleague in China to order from Taobao and I hand carry back. Alternatively you can buy through Daigou. They will charge yo a service charge and you need to pay shipping cost.

- http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.218&id=10147058661
- http://www.65daigou.com/Help/ShipmentFeeDemo.aspx

The price in RMB? :eek: Thanks for the links.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The price in RMB? :eek: Thanks for the links.

hee. welcome to taobao. i just started buying fr there n luckily i hv brother in law to help me bring bk.
u can order yrself n find a freight forwarder to ship bk fr u to sg or jb. a lot of malaysians are doing there.
if buy a lof n heavy items , use sea freight is cheaper.

i yet to buy e lights coz dun know which one to choose .as far curtain , i find e design not that nice n e hooks they use is very old type. u can buy mosquito nets n diy. so far i bought a kitchen pull out tap which converted sgd 50 plus only. u cant get this design n price in sg.

Last edited:

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
i yet to buy e lights coz dun know which one to choose .as far curtain , i find e design not that nice n e hooks they use is very old type. u can buy mosquito nets n diy. so far i bought a kitchen pull out tap which converted sgd 50 plus only. u cant get this design n price in sg.

I had my curtain custom made in China. 3 bed rooms + living room, 2 layers = S$700.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had my curtain custom made in China. 3 bed rooms + living room, 2 layers = S$700.

That is probably $2k+ RM if scale up to my JB house plus installation and rails.

The China-made LED immediately invalidates my earlier calculation on LED lights vv CFL. I will go for LED lights for my JB house to test out before installing in my other houses :smile:

Last edited: