• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

reminiscence of primary school days......

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
climbing tress plucking rambutans....and falling from trees while plucking rambutans....and ended up in hospital either arms in plaster or legs in plaster. it was a common sight in primary school. there was always some kids with plastered arm in sling or plastered leg in crotches.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
crutches la bro ...primary school ....crutches.

Secondary school then some crotches feature.

climbing tress plucking rambutans....and falling from trees while plucking rambutans....and ended up in hospital either arms in plaster or legs in plaster. it was a common sight in primary school. there was always some kids with plastered arm in sling or plastered leg in crotches.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
keeping fighting spiders as pets in match boxes and catching those iridescent male spiders in the bushes around the school gardens or public parks. catching houseflies using plastic. breaking the wings to feed the fly live to pet spiders. challenging with friends by pitting the spiders against each other for fun and excitement. there usually would be a crowd of other interested boys and girls who would be thrilled to watch how the pair of male spiders slut it out on a matchbox.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
haha bro...you horny or what today?......slug it out la

keeping fighting spiders as pets in match boxes and catching those iridescent male spiders in the bushes around the school gardens or public parks. catching houseflies using plastic. breaking the wings to feed the fly live to pet spiders. challenging with friends by pitting the spiders against each other for fun and excitement. there usually would be a crowd of other interested boys and girls who would be thrilled to watch how the pair of male spiders slut it out on a matchbox.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
playing cuti-cuit which was a kind of plastic molded small toys which were brightly colored and shaped like fishes, animals, birds, funny things and etc. the crux of the game required skills from the players to get his cuti-cuti to go over and lay on top of his opponent's cuti-cuti. once he had done that, he won over his opponent's cuti-cuti and owned it.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yep...got lion, anchor, and what else ah? ...many many colours.

Small play cuti cuti and didnt do too badly.

When older tried to play with the cutie cutie .....very poor record :(

playing cuti-cuit which was a kind of plastic molded small toys which were brightly colored and shaped like fishes, animals, birds, funny things and etc. the crux of the game required skills from the players to get his cuti-cuti to go over and lay on top of his opponent's cuti-cuti. once he had done that, he won over his opponent's cuti-cuti and owned it.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
glass marbles and hard stone marbles.

players would have to put their glass marbles either in a straight line. then standing at a fixed certain distance, would try to hit the line of marbles. if he hit the lst one, then he won all the rest. if he hit the middle, he won half on the roll behind that marble he hit. the game continued until all the marbles were hit and won. it would be repeated until one of the player lost all his marbles.

stone marbles on the other hand was a one to one. u dug a shallow hole in the ground. standing with one leg on the small hole, one opponent threw his marble. the other opponent - again one foot on the hole - would try to hit his opponent's marble. if he hit it, then he would hold the opponent's marble from that spot and tried to roll into the hole. if the marble went into the hole, he would have the upperhand to use his own marble to try n smash his opponent's marble which was in the hole. the force if struck correctly and forcefully would smash and break either of the marble. game over when one of the marble cracked up after being smashed. to continue, the broken marble's owner would have to go and buy another new stone marble.

it was a very fun and simplistic game then. kids who owned the newly bought marble would usually "season" it in shitpool at the public lavatory or what it was used to call "jambun". after seasoning, u better your marble would be harder and more formidable to crack other's marbles to emerge champion goli player.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
what i remember from my primary school

out of classroom =
badminton with friends and using the badminton cover as 'half court'.
volunteer as 'traffic monitor'. have to wear a light reflecting vest and take down the names of anyone who jay walk.. hee hee.
playing hamtam bola and always aim ur 'enemies'
. playing marbles, and calling them as 'go li'.
catching fighting spiders
buying/selling dragon ball card. i still remember the 'part 16' series is highly prized.
hanging around the nearby playground to play 'blind cat', when we all know, the 'blind cat will always take a peek. also, the rule of the blind cat is, u cannot touch the sand.( means u can only stay on top of the structure).
collecting saga seeds from the school garden.
destroying red ants nest in the science garden.
going to ur friends house to play sega 16 bit 'michael jackson' and 'super sonic'.

in classroom=
health education
everyday, the bag will contain english, chinese, maths, science and sometimes health education/social studies book.
exercise book with a colour tag on the top left hand corner. my colour is always red tag.
balsam plant.
science room. this room will be doubled as the room where we all take our BCG
in lower primary, the tables will be arranged into 4 'groups', leaving a big space in front of the blackboard. sometimes, the teacher will call us in front to sit.
we love to put our bags on the chair and sit.
a compo that consist of 4 pictures and ask u to weave a story about it. and most probably, the story will begins as ,' one day, Ravi is going school etc etc'

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
the first game was called ...Arrowhead.

2nd game ...a variation of Goli Lobang ?

glass marbles and hard stone marbles.

players would have to put their glass marbles either in a straight line. then standing at a fixed certain distance, would try to hit the line of marbles. if he hit the lst one, then he won all the rest. if he hit the middle, he won half on the roll behind that marble he hit. the game continued until all the marbles were hit and won. it would be repeated until one of the player lost all his marbles.

stone marbles on the other hand was a one to one. u dug a shallow hole in the ground. standing with one leg on the small hole, one opponent threw his marble. the other opponent - again one foot on the hole - would try to hit his opponent's marble. if he hit it, then he would hold the opponent's marble from that spot and tried to roll into the hole. if the marble went into the hole, he would have the upperhand to use his own marble to try n smash his opponent's marble which was in the hole. the force if struck correctly and forcefully would smash and break either of the marble. game over when one of the marble cracked up after being smashed. to continue, the broken marble's owner would have to go and buy another new stone marble.

it was a very fun and simplistic game then. kids who owned the newly bought marble would usually "season" it in shitpool at the public lavatory or what it was used to call "jambun". after seasoning, u better your marble would be harder and more formidable to crack other's marbles to emerge champion goli player.

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) playing bottle caps - same as cuti cuti
2) glass marbles or the bigger clay marbles
3) whole class squatting at the drain brushing teeth after recess (some health campaign, I suppose)

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh yes! the hantam bola was the best game to get even with classmates u bore grudges with. it was good exercise running and chasing after the bright plastic ball. the one who held the ball would use it to "hantam" or hit anyone he wanted to. he could chase after him/her to get closer and fire it with all his might. the best hit would be to hit the head and everyone would yell: TIO TAO PEOW!! (lst prize in 4D)

one thing bad would be school uniforms would get dirtied and stained with the ball marks when we played in muddy school fields. and our bata canvas shoes would really get all soiled. worst, when back home, would definitely get a big scolding from the parents or even from the teachers. who care! the game went on.......

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
during my era, schools kids were usually scrawny. very rarely u 'd find an obese kid. the gov then was very generous and kind. twice a week, there would be free distribution of powered milk. every kids was supposed to bring their own tupper cup with lids to drink, fill up and bring up to drink some more. sometime, the milk taste good and sometime, it was horrible. but still we gotta drink it and bring some home to drink.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
gambling=
there will be many types of stickers for sale ' care bear, teenage mutant ninja, world cup, ghostbuster'. i still remember 1 packet sells for 50cents. inside have 6 pieces. u have to buy the album and stick the sticker on the correct slot inside the album. behind every sticker is a number. then the bookie will have a large stack of these stickers and then he will separate them into 3 stacks. u will also use stickers as ur legal tender to bet. just put in front of any stacks. the bookie will flip the stacks to reveal the last sticker's number. if ur bet's number is larger than his, u win.

our favourite past time is also drawing a circle in the sand, each player place 20cent inside the circle, and then we try to use the marble to hit the coin outside the circle. what ever comes out of the circle, is yours to keep.

not exactly gambling, but after exam, we can bring uno, risk, monopoly inside classroom to play.

freebies=
the school canteen will always sell yakult/vitagen and it will come with free gifts all the time!! most of the time it is toys, but there is once i remember it gave out those shiny ghostbuster stickers.

however, what makes me cannot forget is the image of my mum coming to fetch me after school. it was 7pm (i'm in the afternoon session). and i almost cry, cos normally i can see her waiting for me in the canteen while we are singing the 6pm national anthem. well, i was very young that time....:o:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
kids during those days were very innovative and creative. we used to self-taught to make ourselves catapult or "lastik" as we called it from strong branches or discarded woods. we would use the strips of cut out rubber from discarded tyre's inner rubber. for the missles, we would pick the seeds of the casuarina which looked like small little pricky durian. you won't wanna be hit by one. quite painful.

even strands of lallang grass could be turned into a shooting dart.

in classroom, when the teachers were away, it would turn into a battle ground where kids would start throwing chalks at one another. very fun! it would be a different story if the teacher happened to step in suddenly and catch us. it would be worst if a chalk suddenly hit a teacher unwittingly just step in during the chalk wargame. capital punishment, u bet.