• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Question for those that have non chinese friends.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly stop flaring up at every small thing. I'm here to ask a question, if it's yes then say yes and no say no and perhaps elaborate a bit on it.

If you're a chinese and you have non chinese friends like perhaps malays or indians do your malay friends treat their other malay friends better than you? The same thing for those with indian friends.

I'm curious cos i sort of have the impression among some circle of frens that malays treat their frens from the same race or religion better compared to frens from another race like they are outsiders. Have you noticed this or maybe have frens like this?

Another thing i noticed is that when they need help these malays or indians would more likely ask their chinese frens for help yet treat their own indian or malay frens better.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If you're a chinese and you have non chinese friends like perhaps malays or indians do your malay friends treat their other malay friends better than you? The same thing for those with indian friends.

how well i treat my friends depends entirely on whether they have pretty babes in their social circles :p:p:p

i admit i let my hormones take charge and i think it's doing pretty well :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am veri paranoidal with keling kias,all types! It's very true saying that these indians cannot be trusted,they are a bunch of snakes!:oIo:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kelings are the rudest and most arrogant bunch, especially those supposedly with tertiary education and above.

If you are looking at the lower tier like foreign laborers, then my main grouse with them is their smell; their tendency to keep ogling at women or molest them etc.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kelings are the rudest and most arrogant bunch, especially those supposedly with tertiary education and above.

If you are looking at the lower tier like foreign laborers, then my main grouse with them is their smell; their tendency to keep ogling at women or molest them etc.

Do you personally have any keling frens or maybe at least know ppl whom are not kelings that have these keling frens?

Do they get used by these shit skins?

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
how well i treat my friends depends entirely on whether they have pretty babes in their social circles :p:p:p

i admit i let my hormones take charge and i think it's doing pretty well :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

At least you are being very candid about yourself and your real preferences after the hehehes and all that happy well-wishing crap you put up all this while.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun noe whether Malay friends treat each other better or not. But I noe for a fact that the Malay nasi padang rice sellers gives their own kind a bigger serving and charge cheaper then when a chinese buy from them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun noe whether Malay friends treat each other better or not. But I noe for a fact that the Malay nasi padang rice sellers gives their own kind a bigger serving and charge cheaper then when a chinese buy from them.

hmmm yeah i heard about that but do u perhaps have malay colleagues? Maybe in school you had some malay classmates?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how well i treat my friends depends entirely on whether they have pretty babes in their social circles :p i admit i let my hormones take charge and i think it's doing pretty well :biggrin:
Zhihau, think question was rather the other way round ie if others treat you better (than their own kind) or not? No one's doubting your testerone levels. Whilst you are at it, is your bias returned from (opposite?) gender too? :p:biggrin:
Jah_rastafar_I said:
..malays treat their frens from the same race or religion better compared to frens from another race like they are outsiders. Have you noticed this or maybe have frens like this?
Another thing i noticed is that when they need help these malays or indians would more likely ask their chinese frens for help yet treat their own indian or malay frens better.
Imho, malays have more communal spirit (closer knit) than chinese. My observation is they are more abangs or adiks within. Guess asking chinese friends for help is only natural, as it's outside circle (face too?).

Let's face it, we are all different. Daresay too, there's a racist in all of us -so long as we limit to friendly digs on our differences. And not being aggressive or vindictive:biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sama-sama wen malays buy fr chinese stalls ... dey oso sure kena ketok 1 ...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Zhihau, think question was rather the other way round ie if others treat you better (than their own kind) or not? No one's doubting your testerone levels. Whilst you are at it, is your bias returned from (opposite?) gender too? :p:biggrin:

Imho, malays have more communal spirit (closer knit) than chinese. My observation is they are more abangs or adiks within. Guess asking chinese friends for help is only natural, as it's outside circle (face too?).

Let's face it, we are all different. Daresay too, there's a racist in all of us -so long as we limit to friendly digs on our differences. And not being aggressive or vindictive:biggrin:

i reckoned i blend into the crowd, both male and female groups, rather easily with my easy-going nature :p:p:p

but yeah, i second your opinion on the latter part, there's a racist in all of us :eek::eek::eek:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose these are normal human instinct to the environment that they live in, for the Keling and Mats, they tends to be tighter with their fellow race because they are minority.

You can even see this in your workplace not just amongst friends. A Mat boss will promote a fellow mat faster while most of the job are done by the other race. When things screws up, the Mats are always in the safe zone.

The other thing binding the Mats is the religion. I was told that anyone from the same religion is considered a brother and it would be punishable in Hell if you do not help a fellow Muslim in need regardless of the situation.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose these are normal human instinct to the environment that they live in, for the Keling and Mats, they tends to be tighter with their fellow race because they are minority.

You can even see this in your workplace not just amongst friends. A Mat boss will promote a fellow mat faster while most of the job are done by the other race. When things screws up, the Mats are always in the safe zone.

The other thing binding the Mats is the religion. I was told that anyone from the same religion is considered a brother and it would be punishable in Hell if you do not help a fellow Muslim in need regardless of the situation.

Therefore am i correct to say that a malay would tend to ask a non malay fren say a chinese for eg for help like borrowing money from him, sharing taxi cabs etc but yet probably treat his malay fren better than his chinese fren DESPITE getting more help from his chinese fren?

Is this the case here? :mad:

You know this is very fucked up cos hey it's like you're being used and i advise anyone whom encounters this to cut off contact from his "frens" or at least ask him sarcastically why not you ask your abang to help you?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly stop flaring up at every small thing. I'm here to ask a question, if it's yes then say yes and no say no and perhaps elaborate a bit on it.

I'm curious cos i sort of have the impression among some circle of frens that malays treat their frens from the same race or religion better compared to frens from another race like they are outsiders. Have you noticed this or maybe have frens like this?

The Chinese treat others better than their kind . The Malays treat their own better than others .

I don't know which is better .

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is normal to treat and have greater affinity with members of your own clan with shared beliefs, culture, et al. I can understand where a Chinese POV is coming from as being part of an overwhelming majority he seldom feels the impact of being singled out for specific treatment or find himself crowded out or feel marginalized let alone discriminated against.

Back in the 80s and 90s when Singapore was importing significant numbers of Malaysian Chinese under the guise of the FT program, our Chinese brudders here would rather employ a Malaysian Chinese FT over the Malay/Indian S'porean simply cause he was Chinese. Any charges of discrimination or bias were vehemently denied. Miniorities were accused of being choosy. Come to think of it, it’s not dissimilar to talking to the general chinese population about anything out of their sphere of interest. Or so the Chinese thinks.

Karma is a bitch.

Fast forward to present, better qualified and experienced professionals from Nehia, are taking up high paying professional and managerial positions in various MNCs across different sectors. Offshore banks have been overtaken by Indian Nationals, with Chinese saying it is like "working for a Indian Bank instead of Deutche Bank".

The other interesting facet is the Indian population in Singapore has been rapidly increasing. What used to be 5-7% is now closer to 11% and could possibly be as high as 14%. Chinese are increasingly complaining about the number of Indians their estates. There is now a tv series from Mediacorp "Indian food made simple" to cater to the growing affluent Indian population. There are 3 Indian schools in Singapore currently with plans for an Indian university campus in Singapore.

At the other end of the spectrum now is a local Chinese (see link below), a 44-year old single living with his mother, Alvin Tan has been unemployed for a year. Once a senior manager, he currently finds himself in unfamilar terrority and ranted recently on his blog that FTs are taking away jobs from Singaporeans amongst other excuses such as National Service. Would it be fair to say Alvin is choosy?

I do feel sorry for the Chinese brudders though. At least when minorities were on the receiving end of racial discrimination, many of them were fresh out of universities. It was a hard but valuable lesson learnt and along with the taunts and denials it hardened the resolve in us to do one better than the Chinese, nevermind the odds, as youth was on our side.

What is tragic about the blowback local Chinese are facing is that many like Alvin Tan are in their mid 30s onwards. Many with hefty financial committments are going into depression instead and are throwing themselves in the path of oncoming MRT trains or jumping of high rise flats. Sucide rates in Singapore are highly classified and are rumored to be 1-2 per day on average.

http://www.transitioning.org/2010/05/16/jobless-reader-cried-with-mum-on-mothers-day/

Speaking of the Alvin Tan saga, a netizen, Chua Yuankai, queried (see link below):

"Did he hire, recommend or promote a significant number of younger foreigners between the ages of 21-35 in relevant organizations between 1997 and 2009?"

The sad fact is that many Chinese HR and line managers did. Like Alvin Tan many today find themselves victims of their own discriminatory practices.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...s-of-44-year-old-senior-manager-mr-alvin-tan/

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
lee-hsien-loong.jpg

The possibility of me hiring a neh to do work? Just look at my hand ok. Hehe...