• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fellow investor xebay11, I know you don't come here to comment for fun, you rather spend your time managing your wealth than doing pointless squibble here. People here has a genuine interest in Iskandar and would like to know more. Let's help out by stating some facts to back your 'concerns'.

Optimistic apart, i do also have reservations on how to fill up those thousands of apartments and hotel rooms. Let's put ourselves in the shoes of Somerset, Ascot, Pan pacific, Ramadan, etc and think of why would they put their names at stake by coming to nusajaya. We know the legoland and convention center alone will not be enough to attract enough people, they need much more than that, some flagship attractions to make people and family stay for a 3-5 days at the minimum. I can think of 2 key game changing developments,

1. Motorcity - It has been quiet for more than a year, probably the ground breaking is soon? This will bring in a lot of visitors.
2. Sea World - Also quiet for quite a while, announcement is soon? Together with legoland and other smaller theme parks in the area, families have all the reasons to stay for a few more days.

if the above 2 flagship attractions are shelfed, i seriously doubt the rooms in those area can even fill 50%.

Probably the hotel investors know more info than the rest of us (those bosses in the industry talk to each other right?), so they are making the move now?

Hey Manhattan, I think you are dead right, they know what is coming. Already
3 theme parks are targeted to be opened in Iskandar, the chains are ahead of the curve. That said, what is good for hotels is not necessarily good for condo owners. For that side you want businesses locating in iskandar, as you know. I've heard of manufacturing a lot but not seen huge strides in getting corporations, after Huawei and Pinetree.

Sorry to all, just have a super bear hat on today as I try to work out some compelling reason to stride in for another Iskandar property!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 theme parks are targeted to be opened in Iskandar, the chains are ahead of the curve. That said, what is good for hotels is not necessarily good for condo owners. For that side you want businesses locating in iskandar, as you know. I've heard of manufacturing a lot but not seen huge strides in getting corporations, after Huawei and Pinetree.

Sorry to all, just have a super bear hat on today as I try to work out some compelling reason to stride in for another Iskandar property!

Why the delays?

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no waiting for all the guys in here, Xebay. Everyone is already committed, I think. They have thrown their die. For anyone now waiting to see 'if it takes off',...well, if it does, they've missed the early bird price gains and will have to come in later, at a higher price point. Which reflects the fact that the location is 'established'.

That's the whole game of pioneer market speculation!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manhattan, just need one question, if everything is like the crowd here are saying, why so many projects delayed, what are they waiting for? Obviously they know something too, all the hotels coming are just announcements, wait until they come in then all here can rightfully celebrate, right now lots of big boys are playing waiting game, as they know the situation is very uncertain.

Right, quite a few projects are on a 'low gear', but let's not forget those that were successfully completed this year alone (i.e. legoland waterpark, 1 Medini, somerset, imperia). The economy of the world as a whole is disappointing in 2015, the domestic problems of msia doesn't help. Looking ahead, Fed has raised interest rate, signifying the economy is 'recovering', that's why we see the world stock market is responding positively today (hopefully it lasts).

Nobody know for sure what the years ahead will be, we look for signs and act on it before the rest. If as you say, 'wait until they come in' , it will be too late from an investor's perpective.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are quite right about the condos, if all are for rent, there will not be enough tenants. And i cannot repeat enough to those who bought 3 units on a string and expect to flip upon TOP, i hope they will not be forced to do 'fire sales'. But for those who bought 1 choice unit within your means, siting back and seeing the drama unfolds is quite enjoyable.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just follow your gut feel and let it flow. There would be thousands who would be looking for signs too.

Hmm, I think that is exactly the answer, sadly. I'm leaving my job next year to strike out on my own. If I was still being a salary man, I wouldn't really have to think about this as am investment, it would be simple. But I need to have assets that pay their way, while I am not being paid. Closed on a uk property today and know it will pay itself regardless of interest rate direction.

Frustrating, as I know I will regret not having it in a few years and I'm confident that unit would be one of the select ones to rent out. :confused:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, I think that is exactly the answer, sadly. I'm leaving my job next year to strike out on my own. If I was still being a salary man, I wouldn't really have to think about this as am investment, it would be simple. But I need to have assets that pay their way, while I am not being paid. Closed on a uk property today and know it will pay itself regardless of interest rate direction.

Frustrating, as I know I will regret not having it in a few years and I'm confident that unit would be one of the select ones to rent out. :confused:

Congrats.
UK is a good market for rentals. The cap appreciation is there about 6% year on year at least for now.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manhattan, just need one question, if everything is like the crowd here are saying, why so many projects delayed, what are they waiting for? Obviously they know something too, all the hotels coming are just announcements, wait until they come in then all here can rightfully celebrate, right now lots of big boys are playing waiting game, as they know the situation is very uncertain.

Exactly which group delay?
Same must be ask...why so many group did not delay?
Who can answer these type of question where only individual group know?

Also good ask...why we care they delay or not? What is the point of your ultimate question?

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on the ferry to Harbor front has been talking and supposed to start in 2013, now is almost 2016 and you are still hoping ha ha ah ha

There will be plenty more plan that wont happen as planned....part and parcel....what your point? Don't be immature....home buyer priority first start with...quality, community, amenities, road.....a ferry link to sg is a far far down priority list.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha I got 4 units in a row

You are quite right about the condos, if all are for rent, there will not be enough tenants. And i cannot repeat enough to those who bought 3 units on a string and expect to flip upon TOP, i hope they will not be forced to do 'fire sales'. But for those who bought 1 choice unit within your means, siting back and seeing the drama unfolds is quite enjoyable.

naved

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to say this which would depress you further, I am pretty sure if you lower the price further sure can find buyer one. My brother in law is looking for nice condo and cheap one....He has been looking around almost 2 years liao....

I have a unit at Imperia Puteri Harbour for rent on 8th flr and sale on 21st flr..one bedder..let me know if you or your bro in law is interested...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no waiting for all the guys in here, Xebay. Everyone is already committed, I think. They have thrown their die. For anyone now waiting to see 'if it takes off',...well, if it does, they've missed the early bird price gains and will have to come in later, at a higher price point. Which reflects the fact that the location is 'established'.

That's the whole game of pioneer market speculation!

I take a different view and my strategy is buy when the signs are clear, as long as you are astute and keep your tabs on the situation like what I am doing now, the moment signs are clear then go in, sure make money, that's why I am proud to say all my investments were hit, I don't care for early bird prices, sometimes the early birds also crash first and pay for the lessons for followers, so not all early birds win.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I take a different view and my strategy is buy when the signs are clear, as long as you are astute and keep your tabs on the situation like what I am doing now, the moment signs are clear then go in, sure make money, that's why I am proud to say all my investments were hit, I don't care for early bird prices, sometimes the early birds also crash first and pay for the lessons for followers, so not all early birds win.

Give yr papa some credits la..drink water liao, must know water source come where ma.:p

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
XXXXX climbed Bt Timah Hill... Upon scaling the top he looked over tiny SG and announced to the whole world. Im Top of the World. I've been there done that. I know all about scaling mountains...

Irony is, even KK or Genting or Cameron Highlands etc in msia is dunno how many times the altitude of Bt Timah Hill. Not to mention Mt Everest. But we dun hear established climbers bragging about their accomplishments. In fact most remain humble & encourages others trying to scale their own Mountains with positive sharing thru experiences & knowledge.

It's time to stop feeding the Troll... It's getting Fat & a waste of bandwith.

Dun be jealous, are you telling me my post is not factual and sound? Don't be immature yourself. So you think you have conquered Everest yourself? Such sheer arrogance, see how simple posts can become arguments with arrogant and unreasonable people such as yourself polluting this thread.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will be plenty more plan that wont happen as planned....part and parcel....what your point? Don't be immature....home buyer priority first start with...quality, community, amenities, road.....a ferry link to sg is a far far down priority list.

When it suits you, you say far far down the list, I thought the ciq to HF was being touted here ever so often as a selling point, prata prata.