• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best will be a technician who is paid S$2000 in Singapore but paid RM 4000 in Medini or a factory in Nusa Cemelang etc. He would surely choose the RM 4000 because he don't have to face the horrible jams. '

Slowly but surely, the MNCs will set up shop. I give them up till 2030. In fact I already got business associates who are borrowing aggressively in Sing dollars and investing in Iskandar hoping to invest long terms ( Target Year 2030 ). They said even if price never go up, they can use it for themselves. But one thing they already know is that Singapore factory prices are never dropping a lot and the population is sure to increase. No 6.9 million also got 6 million

Incredibly one of the latest launch in Damansara Heights
Priced at abt sgp1k psf for 600 sqft units. No wonder Malaysians are complaining abt property prices.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
of cos la that area. is it DC residence ?

I can't recall but DC rings a bell, I deleted the email few weeks ago when I saw the invite as I can't believe the price. But if its true then KLCC also no fight, but maybe Puteri Harbour can reach this level if connection to Sgp is established.

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2014/6/37927/rm2m-limit-for-johor-landed-homes

If they really raise the limit to 2mil for landed homes and keep changing the limit, I think foreigners won't dare to invest anymore...

I do agreed with you .
Sometime it is hard to be convince that the authority is doing that to maximize their own profit or really to protect their own citizen interest.
There are so much land and there is a need to think and plan. Otherwise it will be like those " ghost city " in China.
Nice houses and condo building but no one is staying there...

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is quite reasonable since they are applying it only to landed.

In fact, I would suggest they do so just for freehold landed, need to be above RM2million. if leasehold, no min limit.

For non-landed, I would suggest RM1mil minimum for Freehold and RM500k for leasehold.

I do agreed with you .
Sometime it is hard to be convince that the authority is doing that to maximize their own profit or really to protect their own citizen interest.
There are so much land and there is a need to think and plan. Otherwise it will be like those " ghost city " in China.
Nice houses and condo building but no one is staying there...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way the Chinese are pushing out units. It's likely that it will be seeing the ghost town type of scenario.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way the Chinese are pushing out units. It's likely that it will be seeing the ghost town type of scenario.

Totally agreed.

Stick to places that are already established with multiple developers. At least chances of all the developers going wrong together is very slim. Just buy where locals buy.

Never go for a developer with huge plans who go for mostly foreign sales, this is a sure recipe for mega ghost town.This is the typical fast in fast out type of developer trying to make big bucks in a foreign country. Let's hope we are wrong.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.
Just wondering what's the point of the China developers adopting this strategy. Don't they do market research into the demand level?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.
Just wondering what's the point of the China developers adopting this strategy. Don't they do market research into the demand level?

China is having a credit squeeze. These developers are trying to get some huge loans from their banks and utilize them. These new projects are the justifications and after that, money is being shifted around. They are not bothered whether they can sell or not, ghost or otherwise. All they need is credit. I am sure the land owner Lim Kang Hoo saw that too, hence the high prices of the land it was able to command.
Just make sure we are not caught in between.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is having a credit squeeze. These developers are trying to get some huge loans from their banks and utilize them. These new projects are the justifications and after that, money is being shifted around. They are not bothered whether they can sell or not, ghost or otherwise. All they need is credit. I am sure the land owner Lim Kang Hoo saw that too, hence the high prices of the land it was able to command.
Just make sure we are not caught in between.

But these Chinese developers would have to pay back the loan plus interest at some point in time right ? So how can it be that they don't bother whether the condos get sold or not ? The take up rate at Country Garden Danga Bay by the PRCs is not very fantastic, so the money laundry part does not seem to be happening ?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But these Chinese developers would have to pay back the loan plus interest at some point in time right ? So how can it be that they don't bother whether the condos get sold or not ? The take up rate at Country Garden Danga Bay by the PRCs is not very fantastic, so the money laundry part does not seem to be happening ?

The trick is to borrow huge enough that the banks would not want to take action against the borrower even if it is in default. Otherwise the banks themselves would be in trouble.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trick is to borrow huge enough that the banks would not want to take action against the borrower even if it is in default. Otherwise the banks themselves would be in trouble.

But if the developers used up all their loans in building the condos , then no adv to themselves...unless they overinflate the amt needed for construction and channel the dole to their own pockets...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But if the developers used up all their loans in building the condos , then no adv to themselves...unless they overinflate the amt needed for construction and channel the dole to their own pockets...

Just look at the land prices they bought and compare that with Sugar King's one.

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, at least at Puteri Harbour ,you have not seen any China developer buying up a land plot with high premium yet.

At Danga Bay, from GuangZhou R& F to Country Gardens, Greenland and Hao Yuan, they are paying record price for their land.
Lim Kang Hoo / IWH really know how to squeeze money out of these China developers.

Which bring us back to the earlier posting , did the authorities really have their citizen interest at heart by planning to raise the landed home to RM2M level or they have other plan ?

By selling to these China developers at such high land price , the developer either raise the price psf or building sky-high to have maximise their plot ratio...

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
But there are more than one developers doing this....cannot be all of them dun mind tarnishing their hard earned reputations right ? Am really puzzled why they are coming in such a big was way or do they know something we dun ?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its quite obvious the traditional pple /investors who want to invest in Malaysia will go for Danga Bay cum city centre area as many has never heard or visit Puteri harbor site. They need to just make a trip ( like me ) once and they will be blown away at how different the landscape is. The contrast is like Singapore Geylang area and Orchard road.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar's Nusajaya Tech Park breaks ground
By Wong Siew Ying
POSTED: 12 Jun 2014 12:51

The development has 40 per cent pre-commitment for its facilities and is expected to support 200 enterprises when fully operational, the developers say.

MALAYSIA: Singapore's commercial property landlord Ascendas and Malaysia's UEM Sunrise broke ground for the Nusajaya Tech Park at Iskandar Malaysia on Thursday (June 12).

The projected gross development value is S$1.5 billion (RM3.7 billion) and the first phase of the development is expected to be completed in 2016. Ascendas will have a 60 per cent stake in the project with UEM accounting for the other 40 per cent.

Spanning 210 hectares, the integrated technology park will comprise ready-built facilities and land plots for build-to-suit developments. The park has received 40 per cent pre-commitment for its ready-built facilities in the start up phase. When fully completed the integrated tech park is expected to support 200 enterprises.

The Tech Park will be developed in three phases over nine years, according to the developers.

Speaking at the ground-breaking ceremony on Thursday, Singapore Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang said Iskandar Malaysia is strategically important for both Malaysia and Singapore.

Mr Lim said: "It not only contributes to greater cooperation between the two countries but also the integration of both economies. Indeed we have and will continue to jointly develop industries with synergistic activities in both Malaysia and Iskandar Malaysia."

The minister also encouraged Singapore companies seeking to venture overseas to consider Iskandar Malaysia as an option.

- CNA/kk