• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
if true, then maybe we should see what other things are included. Pine tree project at 1,200 includes (supposedly - cos based on the brochure) marble floor for living room, full ht wardrobe, microwave cum over, water heater, air con, washing machine, timber floor (bedroom), etc and DIBS some more! thats why I didn't think PH my unit at 1,200 psf was expensive. RM1,200 psf = SGD480 psf... partially furnished with sea straits frontage. I can even park my boat (if and when I have one), to me is dam cheap. SGD480 in sg can only buy HDB flat.

Bukit Indah was selling at around 500psf when I bought my unit. but the unit was bare, and the project is not a mixed development and does not have a 5 star hotel next to it. i thought abt buying BI. After all, the SYTs were hanging out in the area. PRCs, Pinoys, Indonesians maybe even a few Malaysian gals were there for the taking. can you imagine the convenience? talk to a gal, buy her a movie, bring her for drinks, then bring walk her to my apartment for a happy ending... thats the life!!! but in the end, I decided to pay the whatever premium that I had to pay for (my unit in PH) being able to park my boat and within walking distance to 3 (potentially more) international 4/5 star hotels.

But having said that, the anguish and slow processes in Malaysia were a 1,000% put-off. even though value-wise, I think I made a good buy but the frustration the Malaysians caused me was sibei sian. plus the policies flip flops- e.g. minimum value (1m) requirement, change of weekends, possible increase of state consent, etc, makes it doubly sibei sian. in hindsight, the good value buy is not worth the mental anguish.

so think carefully before you (any Singaporean) take the plunge in Malaysia.

Almas got free a/cond, kitchen cabinet, hob and hood. Also was informed by their sales staff free legal fee and 1 year maintenance.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got more info on pricing. Actually, the high floor units with nicer views are not that cheap. Gets past 1000 psf. I suppose the cheaper ones are low floor and west facing.

ALMAS SUITES AT PUTERI HARBOUR:

VIEW : Kota Iskandar / Linear Park / Office Tower & Almas Residence

There are 3 types :

1. Type C1 : 520 sq ft – 1 bedroom - pricing starts from RM 390K to RM 600K
2. Type C2 : 896 sq ft – 1 + 1 bedroom duplex - pricing starts from RM 670K to 890K
3. Type C3 : 2221 sq ft – penthouse - 3 + 1 bedroom – pricing starts from RM 1.9million to RM 2.1 million

4. Total of units : 546 units

5. Years to complete : 5 years project

6. Land size : 12 acres of land

Early bird rebate is 5% and plus the loyalty rebate (based on star rating).

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got more info on pricing. Actually, the high floor units with nicer views are not that cheap. Gets past 1000 psf. I suppose the cheaper ones are low floor and west facing.

There are 3 types :

2. Type C2 : 896 sq ft – 1 + 1 bedroom duplex - pricing starts from RM 670K to 890K
3. Type C3 : 2221 sq ft – penthouse - 3 + 1 bedroom – pricing starts from RM 1.9million to RM 2.1 million

That explains. For a minute, I thought that the cooling measures have indeed been so effective to bring the prices down to Teega's level when it was launched.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
This plot is too back. It will be a barometer of sentiments after recent announcements

Layout is efficient

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are 3 types :

hey... can consider. any idea on the furnishing / fittings? kittymeow said aircon/ kitchen cab/ hob/hood. anything else? timber/parquet flooring in bedrroms and homogenous tiles in living? seems like the smaller ones are target at malaysians?

Last edited:

dad4life

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like view are limited.. facing encorp, or facing teega, or facing west???
Total 4 towers, not sure which one is the almas suite?? maybe the most behind block (logically) where the other 3 towers are the residence...
Anyone has any idea?

There are 3 types :

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
That explains. For a minute, I thought that the cooling measures have indeed been so effective to bring the prices down to Teega's level when it was launched.

It is almost close except this got no marina view.

After discount cheapest unit is about 705 psf starting.

This ones mostly studios and duplex so is affordable for many.

There is also a food court in the planning. It is more of a mixed development with offices and commercial.

For this price, you get aircon, kitchen cabinet with hob and hood, not bad. Plus one year free maintenance. They are pricing to sell. For those considering buying one unit to own and stay, this is certainly a project that you can checked it out.

For those keen, need to register to be on the open to public list in Sunday afternoon.

They start selling on first day to directors, second day to staffs, then vvip, then vip on Sunday morning and registrants on afternoon.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like view are limited.. facing encorp, or facing teega, or facing west???
Total 4 towers, not sure which one is the almas suite?? maybe the most behind block (logically) where the other 3 towers are the residence...
Anyone has any idea?

There are a total of 5 towers:

- Almas Suites (current launch) is on front left hand side, behind Encorp. Two office towers are on front right side, behind Imperia. Almas Suites is at an angle so the there will be partial Marina View in between Encorp and Imperia from some units.

- Almas Residence (Phase 2) are 2 towers on the back side. These will be larger 2br+ apartments. Phase 2 will also have a row of 3 storey retail running across in between Almas Suites / Offices and Almas Residence.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
This plot is too back. It will be a barometer of sentiments after recent announcements

Layout is efficient

It will be somewhat called the "true price" after all rebates & DIBS removed. Coupled with the extra measures at both Federal level (new RPGT & min foreigner price) and the state level (increase in stamp duties.. still not finalised)

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Emerald Bay is residential project, I heard that electricity rate is higher for commercial units. So for us who bought the above commercial projects, will we be paying more?

Yes, u r right. Especially the assessment rates are different too when it comes to KL. Residential Tittle is 6% & Commercial is 12%. But hard to avoid, cos most projects are on commercial titles, especially in KLCC.

So carrying a long term perspective, if u are buying one for own stay n use, best to go for a residential title. If it is for investment, at least the electrical will be borne by the tenant & the higher assessment rates are tax deductible.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is interesting about PH is all of these projeccts are close to each another. All within walking distance of each another.
Once completed, they will all complement each another in terms of residential, office and commercial inputs.

That's what make PH different from Medini where it is more spread out.

The status so far

Commercial South
Kota Iskandar (completed)
little BIG club (completed)
Traders hotel (completed)
harbor CIQ (completed)
Somerset (100% sold)
Imperia (100% sold)
Encorp (100% sold)
Teega (100% sold)
Pinetree (%?)
Puteri Cove (70% of tower 1 booked)
Almas Residences (%?)
Robert Kwok land (?)
Proposed convention centre (?)

Commercial North
Emerald Bay (100% sold)
Liberty Bridge consortium (%?)

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, u r right. Especially the assessment rates are different too when it comes to KL. Residential Tittle is 6% & Commercial is 12%. But hard to avoid, cos most projects are on commercial titles, especially in KLCC.

So carrying a long term perspective, if u are buying one for own stay n use, best to go for a residential title. If it is for investment, at least the electrical will be borne by the tenant & the higher assessment rates are tax deductible.

KLCC is still so hot. I was at Star Residences Tower 1 (597 units) launch last Saturday and it is nearly sold out within a day. And the price is RM1500 to RM2000 psf. The smallest unit is 625 sq ft. No carpark, No DIBS.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey... can consider. any idea on the furnishing / fittings? kittymeow said aircon/ kitchen cab/ hob/hood. anything else? timber/parquet flooring in bedrroms and homogenous tiles in living? seems like the smaller ones are target at malaysians?

Not sure about fittings, flooring. At this price, I would not expect luxury. I would think basic, more like Teega.

Puteri Harbour, as I understand, is exempt from Bumi and Malaysian quota. However, it is NOT exempt from foreigner minimum, like Medini. So, the 520 sft units that are below 500k are definitely Malaysians.

I agree with some of the comments. If someone really likes Puteri Harbour concept and interested in a long term purchase, this may be the last chance to own something below 1000 psf. Usually UEM Sunrise projects tend to be priced lower than others, and this I believe is their last project in Puteri Harbour, before the landed D Estuary. The other 2 upcoming projects are JVs or other developers, such as UM Land project next to Imperia and Robert Kuok behind the CIQ. I would not expect them to be priced anywhere less than Puteri Cove.

Do be careful if you want to speculate or flip particularly if you are a foreigner. The completion time is 5 years and you may be exposing yourself to a lot of policy risks. Who knows, in 5 years the foreigner minimum may just be raised to 2M.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure about fittings, flooring. At this price, I would not expect luxury. I would think basic, more like Teega.

Puteri Harbour, as I understand, is exempt from Bumi and Malaysian quota. However, it is NOT exempt from foreigner minimum, like Medini. So, the 520 sft units that are below 500k are definitely Malaysians.

I agree with some of the comments. If someone really likes Puteri Harbour concept and interested in a long term purchase, this may be the last chance to own something below 1000 psf. Usually UEM Sunrise projects tend to be priced lower than others, and this I believe is their last project in Puteri Harbour, before the landed D Estuary. The other 2 upcoming projects are JVs or other developers, such as UM Land project next to Imperia and Robert Kuok behind the CIQ. I would not expect them to be priced anywhere less than Puteri Cove.

Do be careful if you want to speculate or flip particularly if you are a foreigner. The completion time is 5 years and you may be exposing yourself to a lot of policy risks. Who knows, in 5 years the foreigner minimum may just be raised to 2M.

the quantum is low enough to consider seriously. but i believe it will be a hot launch. unlkely public on sunday will get any of the cheaper units. given the generous pricing,& pH location/ environment, this project looks good.
flipping? i've been negative about flipping prospects in jb since day one :smile: if i do buy here, it's to keep at least until the whole place is built up (should be 10 years or more). thanks for the advice, though.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
the quantum is low enough to consider seriously. but i believe it will be a hot launch. unlkely public on sunday will get any of the cheaper units. given the generous pricing,& pH location/ environment, this project looks good.
flipping? i've been negative about flipping prospects in jb since day one :smile: if i do buy here, it's to keep at least until the whole place is built up (should be 10 years or more). thanks for the advice, though.

Hi Malpaso, sorry, I was just making a general comment on flipping. Did not mean to point it at you. Could not agree more. I am very negative on flipping in general.

Agreed, it might be a challenge finding a good unit by Sunday, as they start VVIP on Saturday morning onwards.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Malpaso, sorry, I was just making a general comment on flipping. Did not mean to point it at you. Could not agree more. I am very negative on flipping in general.

Agreed, it might be a challenge finding a good unit by Sunday, as they start VVIP on Saturday morning onwards.

no worries! relak bro.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed this is one of the last residential highrise in PH. The UMland project, I think it is called CS2 next to Imperia is a commercial office complex. Robert Kuok would also be most probably a mixed development and that waterfront location is not going to be cheap. With this project, UEM is definitely going all out to pull in the SPRs and Malaysians, so as to make sure the population numbers are there to sustain PH activities.

KittyMeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also just got additional info. Got free unifi for 1 year I think, then got hot water heater in the bathroom and clothes drying hanger in the yard. I think they don't want ppl hang laundry on balcony which is good idea.

My agent told me actually PH got waiver like medini also ie. as long as above RM 250k foreigner can buy but the developer don't want to exercise this coz they want to give Malaysians opportunity to invest also. Glc ma, patriotic a bit.

arcojos

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wont be surprised if the furnishing is the same as Teega, since both are Sunrise's projects

teega%203_3.JPGteega%203_4.JPGteega%203_5.JPG

For this price, you get aircon, kitchen cabinet with hob and hood, not bad. Plus one year free maintenance. They are pricing to sell. For those considering buying one unit to own and stay, this is certainly a project that you can checked it out.