• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Punk, 25, Has $2.5M Asset, Dun Mind Losing Minibombs!

Z

Zombie

You two go chat on MSN lah. Arrange a meetup at starbucks and settle your differences once and for all

You should go to speaker's corner, and ask all investors there to settle their differences in court once and for all. :biggrin:

Z

Zombie

Apparently you have mixed up risk with percentage of losses.

Risk has everything to do with the "percentage of losses" or amount of losses.

Risk is measured by (probability of losses x amount of losses)

You don't know what is risk. And you are teaching minibond risk here.

I rest my case.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Risk has everything to do with the "percentage of losses" or amount of losses.

Risk is measured by (probability of losses x amount of losses)

You don't know what is risk. And you are teaching minibond risk here.

I rest my case.

Dear Zombie,

What you are calculating is EXPECTED VALUE, or EXPECTED LOSS.

If you don't even know what they bought in the underlying assets, how do you know the probability of failing in each and every assets they bought?

And it is absurd that you want me to answer you what is the risk of minibond!

This is exactly my point, if you want to calculate Expected Value or Expected Loss vs Expected returns, you will need to know EXACTLY what you bought, what returns and expected losses you will be facing.

For example, if the EXPECTED LOSSES in total is BIGGER than your EXPECTED GAINS, then it is obvious that this investment is not worth making. If EXPECTED LOSSES is less than your EXPECTED GAINS (5.1% X Value of Money you have invested), then it is worth investing.

But the problem now is, you don't even know what assets your money were used to invest in, no probabilities allocated, no individual amount of investment made known. You can calculate the risk of minibonds? I can't maybe you should enlighten!

And this is the main point, without such critical information and even OMISSION of such potential risk mentioned in the sales and marketing material, how the hell do you expect investors to be fully aware of ALL the risks involved? :wink:

Next please.

Goh Meng Seng

Swiss Standard

Alfrescian
Loyal
It not about Lehman brother.
...It about misrepresentation and the story about dun mind losing minibomb is almost certainly COOK UP....take this story with many pinches of SALT