• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Problem with Primary 1 registration continues...

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Year after year, we see the same problem happening. I wonder if MOE had ever considered re-looking at the issue or most of the staff in-charge of this excerise are also PRs?

Primary 1 places

'We too have a right to give our children the best education.'

MRS SWETA AGARWAL: 'This is in response to yesterday's letter by Mr Eduard Tay, 'Permanent residents - Why are these Phase 2C children given an equal chance in Primary 1 registration?' I understand Mr Tay's disappointment that his son did not get a place in his school of choice. As a permanent resident for about six years now with my husband working here, I feel we too have a right to give our children the best education. Just because we are not citizens does not mean we deserve less. We pay taxes and abide by Singapore's laws and if our children cannot get places in good schools, why would we stay? Our daughter has a place in our choice of school and we are very happy. I hope I have not offended Mr Tay and I wish him all the best so his son can secure a place in a good school too.' (This one sounded sarcastic to me leh)

The problem

'Not all schools are equal and parents just want the best for their children.'

MR TONY LIM: 'I refer to yesterday's letter by Mr Eduard Tay. A permanent resident (PR) child was guaranteed a place in the school of our choice because his parents did not have to face balloting as they had bought an apartment within 1km of the school. We live between 1km and 2km from the school and our child lost out on the balloting. Not all schools are equal and parents just want the best for their children. Many PRs place their children in government-funded schools and not in expensive international schools. I have given my fair share to Singapore, so did my father, and so too, hopefully, will my son. It is convenient for an eligible foreigner to obtain permanent residence and, as my case illustrates, reap what citizens like me sowed.'

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's a joke. if other children all died, then your child can be sure to secure a place in that school? kill others to secure yours? what kind of shit idea?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can somebody tell MM LEE this is one of the reason why Locally Born Singaporeans are not replacing themselves.

'We need immigrants to make up for the children we are not having. This is a hard fact of life. Between the ages of 25 and 40, over 30 per cent remain unmarried,' said Mr Lee at the Tanjong Pagar Community Club. 'Those who marry are not replacing themselves.'