• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

President's Star Charity 2008

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the end of the show, public n viewers' donations wsre about 400K+....BUT...a few oversize cheques were boasted and donated in millions. looked like they were compelled to oblige cos someone even dropped the oversize cheque with the zeroes after handshaking with prataman. it must have been painful to him that his hand turned buttery.

actually, prataman could easily top it off by donating part of his million $ pay which would save him his adirmable effort to write those horrendous calligraphy. sure it would be auction at another obscene price??

the cost of currying flavour must have increased terribly!! prata gravy must really taste that good, huh? LOL!!:p

huh? again? knew it, just like last year. Suddenly last minute corporate millions $$$ donation.

So how much is actually non-corporate donation? 400k?

Next time no need donate, keep the figure 0, then last 5 minute of the show, all the corporate donation come in and hit 5 million straight.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
After such a long time you still don't get it. It's you die your business. Don't drag us (government) in.

That attitude simply will not build up a cohesive society. And a less cohesive, more selfish society inevitably makes a country much weaker, and more defenseless.

Even a ton of NE won't work if people are pissed off with each other and with the government.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a very nice gesture of you to enrich our president in the next world, but money that he makes in this world will unfortunately not follow him into the next world. I am sure he knows that.

precisely so in this case why would he need the kind of indecent salary that he is drawing? likewise for the little clown and his cronies?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The yearly President's Star Charity is a way to show all Sinkies that our prataman is working hard for his salary. Besides his appearances during NDP and Istana open house.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wholeshow is orchestrated right down to the corporate donations. These big cash rich companies must have sent the cheques way before the show. The numbers were flashed onto the screen at the last minute so that the public will come frward first to drum up the figure.

Wonder how much did our very expensive S$10,000 per day president donate?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The wholeshow is orchestrated right down to the corporate donations. These big cash rich companies must have sent the cheques way before the show. The numbers were flashed onto the screen at the last minute so that the public will come frward first to drum up the figure.

Wonder how much did our very expensive S$10,000 per day president donate?

That not included all supporting staff working in Istana eg. gardener/clerk/guard/driver.................cost more than $20/year to maintain his image. I wish he die ASAP because he is worst than LKY.
AT least LKY do contribute to the country but Prataman what does he contribute??????:biggrin::mad::confused:

jw5

Loyal
That not included all supporting staff working in Istana eg. gardener/clerk/guard/driver.................cost more than $20/year to maintain his image. I wish he die ASAP because he is worst than LKY.
AT least LKY do contribute to the country but Prataman what does he contribute??????:biggrin::mad::confused:
Actually I would really like to know how much the president himself donates to the president's star charity.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I would really like to know how much the president himself donates to the president's star charity.

I also like to know how much he donate. And how much total cost to maintain a President( Salary of all people, istana and all the facilities like car private jet , road block also cost economy, ....................every little things that cost our tax payer money). Because he do nothing.
Ask him to die ASAP.:biggrin::mad:

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the worst media charity ever witnessed. I am not surprised even the woody prata man sitting there did not quite appeal to the audience and only less than half a million dollars donated within that 3 hours show. Singaporean are now smarter than I expected. I suspect the rich donors were told to step on stage to hand out their million dollars cheque since the show did not reach the ideal hit required.

The rich donors gets tax breaks, incentive and tax rebates !

What do silly Singaporeans get in return? Heartbreak !

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These two boh hor si old men are equally not ashamed!

They are damn fucking thick skinned, bullets fired at close range also cannot penetrate!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Media can also play along with wayang, who knows whether the corporate donations are just an advertisement to spur further donations and never get into the accounts of the charity when the show is over. I don't really trust the media anymore, do you?

huh? again? knew it, just like last year. Suddenly last minute corporate millions $$$ donation.

So how much is actually non-corporate donation? 400k?

Next time no need donate, keep the figure 0, then last 5 minute of the show, all the corporate donation come in and hit 5 million straight.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
All media in the world have a function to play and ratings count very much in business. Game shows overseas try to portray perceptions of impromptu behavior when it is actually pre-planned. Airtime is expensive and there are time constraints in getting an intended message or impact across. Planning reduces the chances of unintended results.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
All media in the world have a function to play and ratings count very much in business. Game shows overseas try to portray perceptions of impromptu behavior when it is actually pre-planned. Airtime is expensive and there are time constraints in getting an intended message or impact across. Planning reduces the chances of unintended results.

Oic.. So will the ah neh plan to perform how to make pratas?

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
A live show is not always as live as it looks. The lip synching girl and digitally enhanced fireworks display with broadcast delays allowed to exceed 5 seconds in the BJ Olympics, provides interesting insight. The keyword is "reduce" not eliminate. Cock-ups may be an inappropriate phrase. Mis-synchronized events do occur, even among the best or those known to be the best.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
A live show is not always as live as it looks. The lip synching girl and digitally enhanced fireworks display with broadcast delays allowed to exceed 5 seconds in the BJ Olympics, provides interesting insight. The keyword is "reduce" not eliminate. Cock-ups may be an inappropriate phrase. Mis-synchronized events do occur, even among the best or those known to be the best.

So will the ah neh perform his pratas skills to improve the donation rate?

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
A cock-up is a cock-up :p The choice of words used does not really help to dampen the fact that a mistake has been made.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not unimaginable that our President will be sporting enough to perform an item for a good cause next year. The former President Ong Teng Cheong has given a piano recital before for a good cause.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not unimaginable that our President will be sporting enough to perform an item for a good cause next year. The former President Ong Teng Cheong has given a piano recital before for a good cause.

Ya we know, but do you think ah neh will get his karcherng out of his seat and perform how to make pratas?