• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC Curry Case hits the Govt Bigwigs attention big time!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a week and the clown has to be none other than Shanmugam supposedly an Indian who is in charge of Ministry of Law which is in mini turmoil over this episode. Read the reply to Kojak below.

This has taken a life of its own and there is an uproar among many Singaporeans. Heard people have been called up and asked for explanation. This one is now making waves in the corridors of powers because there has not been such a case of breaching civil rights in this manner before. Which by the way is entrenched in the constitution. Even the Malays are upset and have made an official complaint

from MLAW HQ CMC (MLAW) [email protected]
to BT Kojak
date Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:16 AM
subject RE: PRC asking a Singaporean Indian not to cook and eat curry
Dear Mr Kojakbt,
RE: PRC asking a Singaporean Indian not to cook and eat curry
We refer to your email dated 9 August 2011.
2 We thank you for your feedback and concerns raised regarding the article in TODAY, “Number of neighbour disputes hit high” (8 August 2011) and write to clarify the case facts. The article stated that community mediator, Mdm Marcellina Giam, “got the Indian family to agree to cook curry only when the Chinese family was not home”. We have checked with Mdm Giam and this is inaccurate. The solution to the dispute was proposed by one of the parties and accepted by the other party. Mdm Giam did not propose the solution for the parties, neither did she impose it on them.
3 This is in fact the crux of mediation. The community mediators, who are trained volunteers, act as a neutral third party to facilitate discussions between the disputing parties. Their role is not to decide on the outcome of a case; they have no authority to do so. The final outcome, which is unique to each case, must be a mutually acceptable solution arrived at by both disputing parties after discussion. Mediation seeks to provide an informal and amicable way of settling inter-personal, social and community disputes to cultivate a more harmonious, civil and gracious society.
4 In cases where parties are of different ethnicities, cultural background or nationalities, the community mediators take great care in trying to get parties to understand the varying perspectives, and foster greater understanding and communication. In this particular case, despite clearly different cultural backgrounds, both parties were able to come to a mutually agreed solution by themselves in the interest of neighbourliness.
5 We have also issued a clarification on the matter in TODAY (11 August 2011). You may refer to the ‘Voices’ section for the clarification at: http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC110811-0000303/Mediators-are-a-neutral-third-party
Yours sincerely
Joanna Hor
Deputy Manager, Community Mediation Unit
Ministry of Law

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is getting ridiculous by the day, I have always enjoyed the cooking smell of my neighbours cooking for years, including the smell of rancid oil used to fry fish, whomever uses that. The curries & whatever rempah or whatever cooked by my Malay Neighbours, the Indian curries etc, from my Indian neighbour, the stewed pork, salt fish or whatever from my Chinese neighbours & even the baking...cakes & whatever..., makes one mouth watery & wants to eat especially in the morning...& this potpoourri of smell makes us unique, & appreciative of the varirty of food, we have in SINgapore...tell the China people to get back to where they once belong & the idiotic community mediation unit to wash their brains..if we can not cook in our own home, where can we cook?

The country is going to the dogs, helped by the MIW's & thanking the now 60%...:mad:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PRC got no curry dish?

Curry is a dish that is in the menu across all the ethnic groups here...hell even the Japanese and Thais got curry dishes.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Go In Harm's Way

john-paul-jones.jpg

Are you to pull the trigger ? I don't think your Jee Say Pres can do a miracle with the fascist pigs at the helm. It is obvious someone may try to rig the election too.

I'll rather go in harm's way !

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ministry of Law using a tabloid newspaper to disseminate pertinent information to the masses. SHAMugam must be pissing in his pants. The law fraternity knows about his past adulterous behaviour and he certainly garners little respect. He is certainly a sitting target should a non-PAP president get elected. The SHAM certainly has little respect and yet has the audacity to talk about the EP having to be respected by the government.

The EP can easily call in the PM to tell him to get rid of the SHAM as the EP has no confidence that the SHAM commands the respect of the laws of the country. The SHAM was playing his game and got caught out with his comments. Like typical fascists pigs they will make bold statements to hide related facts that against them. THe plan is to hoodwink the masses into thinking they are whiter than white or their god's gift to the country.

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the neighbour next to the landed property of Min of Law Shamu complains to CMC that Shamu's wife or maid cook stinky curry.

CMC will then tell Shamu to cook curry only when his neighbour is not in. The only way to find out neighbour NOT in is to hang the neighbour's wife RED panties on a flag pole. Once Shamu & family & maid sees it, he can give the all clear for family to cook curry. Splendid idea, no?

Why neighbour's wife red panties? Cos, this will scintillate Shamu & give him a sexual arousal to keep his adulterous urges in check.

Well, hopefully the minorities race Indians & Malays will vote for Tan Jee Say now that the curry episode is gaining traction.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope the neighbour next to the landed property of Min of Law Shamu complains to CMC that Shamu's wife or maid cook stinky curry.

CMC will then tell Shamu to cook curry only when his neighbour is not in. The only way to find out neighbour NOT in is to hang the neighbour's wife RED panties on a flag pole. Once Shamu & family & maid sees it, he can give the all clear for family to cook curry. Splendid idea, no?

Why neighbour's wife red panties? Cos, this will scintillate Shamu & give him a sexual arousal to keep his adulterous urges in check.

Well, hopefully the minorities race Indians & Malays will vote for Tan Jee Say now that the curry episode is gaining traction.

When the woman hang up the red lantern , ah! red panties, it means that she is available for the night. Thereafter, when she smells curry, she will purrr! & rub the edge of the table, and her PRC hubby wonder why?:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely agree. I am stunned by this incident. We seem to have lost the plot. They did not even realise why the complaint was lodged in the first place.

This is getting ridiculous by the day, I have always enjoyed the cooking smell of my neighbours cooking for years, including the smell of rancid oil used to fry fish, whomever uses that. The curries & whatever rempah or whatever cooked by my Malay Neighbours, the Indian curries etc, from my Indian neighbour, the stewed pork, salt fish or whatever from my Chinese neighbours & even the baking...cakes & whatever..., makes one mouth watery & wants to eat especially in the morning...& this potpoourri of smell makes us unique, & appreciative of the varirty of food, we have in SINgapore...tell the China people to get back to where they once belong & the idiotic community mediation unit to wash their brains..if we can not cook in our own home, where can we cook?

The country is going to the dogs, helped by the MIW's & thanking the now 60%...:mad:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the rub, they trying to claim that the Indian family volunteered. The fact is the process is documented and signed off with forms and process run by the ministry. The bigger joke is the whole thing was endorsed by a Singapore Indian chap with the fanciful title of "Master Mediator" and his Minister is an Indian.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is the rub, they trying to claim that the Indian family volunteered. The fact is the process is documented and signed off with forms and process run by the ministry. The bigger joke is the whole thing was endorsed by a Singapore Indian chap with the fanciful title of "Master Mediator" and his Minister is an Indian.

The country had gone to the dogs!

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal

The behavior of those in CMC is part and parcel of the group think and Yes-man that proliferate in govt and other linked institutions. NO ONE has even made a small whimper against the PM's stance for FT.

When you look at what is happening with our leaders today and their lack of courage, then one can really appreciate what it takes to be Dr Tan Cheng Bock to take on the govt of his day and former MM.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This case is a "not raising the bridge but lower the river just to let the ship pass through" mentality.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This case is a "not raising the bridge but lower the river just to let the ship pass through" mentality.

It is draining the river of water, so that, the same ship would be sand banked!, that was the stupid mentality in listening to unseen orders to mollycoodle the 'new comers'!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The behavior of those in CMC is part and parcel of the group think and Yes-man that proliferate in govt and other linked institutions. NO ONE has even made a small whimper against the PM's stance for FT.

When you look at what is happening with our leaders today and their lack of courage, then one can really appreciate what it takes to be Dr Tan Cheng Bock to take on the govt of his day and former MM.

I am sorry, how exactly did TCB take on the PAP and MM? Did he go to jail, was sued, was bankrupted? If not, than it means he took on nobody. Raising your hands during questions and answers sessions and asking supposedly "hard" questions given to you is not courageous in my view. 26 years as an MP and not even been able to influence one govt. decision means he was toeing the party line behind the scene.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

When the neighbour's wife hangs up her red panties, it simply means she is having her period.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sorry, how exactly did TCB take on the PAP and MM? Did he go to jail, was sued, was bankrupted? If not, than it means he took on nobody. Raising your hands during questions and answers sessions and asking supposedly "hard" questions given to you is not courageous in my view. 26 years as an MP and not even been able to influence one govt. decision means he was toeing the party line behind the scene.

Don't lie. Dr Tan Cheng Bock succeeded to change CPF policy to allow it's use for University Education.