• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC Curry Case hits the Govt Bigwigs attention big time!

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some who fight against the system outside the system. Of these, some go to jail, was sued and bankrupted. Some fight differently but wisely and get elected into the parliament to continue their fight.

There are also those who fight the system inside the system. Of these, some get co-opted. Some stayed principled and sidelined while continuing fighting their causes.

Papsmear only identify with those who go to jail, was sued and bankrupted.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng suggests, "let us all start cooking all kinds of curry in the entire block and force that PRC to move out.":biggrin:
how abt those who hate durian smell?:confused:

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for you that you can get cheap bank loans. This option is for those without access to other cheaper financing options.

SORRY, those that are applying for it i can bet with you MAJORITIES of them did not know about this. They thought its just another alternative. Hearing the word bank scares them so they decided to loan from their parents cpf. BUT they know shit about the projected interest rate.

don't believe ask around those in uni now. i got a bloody shock at how ignorance they are in signing the paper without checking the interest.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
SORRY, those that are applying for it i can bet with you MAJORITIES of them did not know about this. They thought its just another alternative. Hearing the word bank scares them so they decided to loan from their parents cpf. BUT they know shit about the projected interest rate.

don't believe ask around those in uni now. i got a bloody shock at how ignorance they are in signing the paper without checking the interest.

There is another difference. The interest incurred goes back to your parent's CPF account and not to the bank. Agreed, it may be higher than a bank loan (depending on when you borrow), but the beneficiary of the interest payment is your own parents i.e., your parents would continue to enjoy the interest that they would have otherwise earned had the CPF remained in their account.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have not be following parliament at all. Neither have you been looking into the Internet. TCB has rebelled against his own party or more than one occasion including earning an official warning for voting against his own party. He hold the distinction. There are many more things that he did. I am not going to elaborate because I have never seen you move your position even in the face of overwhelming evidence. I don't think you will ever change. http://singsupplies.com/showthread....AL-VERSION-in-London-NOW!&p=792033#post792033
I am sorry, how exactly did TCB take on the PAP and MM? Did he go to jail, was sued, was bankrupted? If not, than it means he took on nobody. Raising your hands during questions and answers sessions and asking supposedly "hard" questions given to you is not courageous in my view. 26 years as an MP and not even been able to influence one govt. decision means he was toeing the party line behind the scene.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to screw the entire mediation team. These guys are unqualified, have not understand the meaning of equity and justice. They should be sacked and let the magistrate adjudicate. In future all mediation must go thru a legally qualified individuals.
lianbeng suggests, "let us all start cooking all kinds of curry in the entire block and force that PRC to move out.":biggrin:how abt those who hate durian smell?:confused:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to screw the entire mediation team. These guys are unqualified, have not understand the meaning of equity and justice. They should be sacked and let the magistrate adjudicate. In future all mediation must go thru a legally qualified individuals.

lianbeng agrees.:biggrin:

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to screw the entire mediation team. ................

I don't think you will enjoy it. A few days ago, I was at the Small Claims Court in connection with claims dispute. The CMC was in an adjoining portion. From where I was seated, I could see the staff of CMC. They were all "unpalatable". One look at them and you will lose all the good fengshui enveloping you.

BTW, I am wondering if these inept civil servants will still be given bonuses.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. It's not a recognised vocation unless they have legal training and I am not talking about para-legal. The curry case is a fundamental error in judgement. A lawyer if overseeing it will be struck off for a period of time if he was involved in such an outcome. Mediation is not about forcing the weak to compromise. If that was the case, I might as well ask Ah Tee from Sio Ghee Ho to help out. My sense is Ah Tee will do a better job.
I don't think you will enjoy it. A few days ago, I was at the Small Claims Court in connection with claims dispute. The CMC was in an adjoining portion. From where I was seated, I could see the staff of CMC. They were all "unpalatable". One look at them and you will lose all the good fengshui enveloping you. BTW, I am wondering if these inept civil servants will still be given bonuses.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid reasoning from cmc. Should ask Prc family to close their window instead. If jot when Indian want to cook curry then Prc must go out. Not Indian must wait till they go ouT then cook.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The irony is that stupid lady from CMC was proudly claiming how they solved it. As one forummer stated - instead of raising the bridge level they lowered the level of the river.
Stupid reasoning from cmc. Should ask Prc family to close their window instead. If jot when Indian want to cook curry then Prc must go out. Not Indian must wait till they go ouT then cook.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teochew Clan Chief

There are some who fight against the system outside the system. Of these, some go to jail, was sued and bankrupted. Some fight differently but wisely and get elected into the parliament to continue their fight.

There are also those who fight the system inside the system. Of these, some get co-opted. Some stayed principled and sidelined while continuing fighting their causes.

Those who are staunch democrats will not sit idly by. Dr. Sun Yet-san would not have entertained that kind of thought because what is right, is right. We don't need people to tell you that the colour of light gray is black and the colour of scarlet is still considered as maroon. I will not lie because scarlet is scarlet and maroon is maroon. I will NOT entertain such thoughts to justify what are considered wrong.

A Teochew clan chief will not go far by playing along with the devil's tune.

Last edited:

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sorry, how exactly did TCB take on the PAP and MM? Did he go to jail, was sued, was bankrupted? If not, than it means he took on nobody. Raising your hands during questions and answers sessions and asking supposedly "hard" questions given to you is not courageous in my view. 26 years as an MP and not even been able to influence one govt. decision means he was toeing the party line behind the scene.

I accept that TCB may have asked hard questions. More so than the other PAP MPs. He may have even, on the odd occation, asked a follow up question to the Govt's reply. But, in the end (and for 26years) he accepted the answers. This is implied because he didnt keep asking till he got the correct answer. If he is so principled, he should have quit the party, and not "retire" when the PM told him to....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Don't lie. Dr Tan Cheng Bock succeeded to change CPF policy to allow it's use for University Education.

Wow, that is his crowning achievement after 26 years in Parliament? Give the man a medal!! U want to talk CPF? Fine. TCB also succeeded in allowing CPF to be harder and harder to take out at retirement age. With all sorts of shits like annuity, minimum balance, etc. For the ordinary person, his CPF situation has worsen not improved. Many sinkies are resigned to not seeing any of it. Who is the liar now?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U are such a fucking jackass, u deserved to get raped by the PAP every election. Fight inside what fucking system? TCB did that? U are delusional. The fucker got paid $26K a month salary as an MP, and still earn millions $ keeping his medical practice. In order for him to keep his MP post and continue to be nominated by the CEC to fight as a PAP candidate, He has to por lumpar to the PAP leadership. U understand this simple fact or not? The PAP are not interested in putting someone up for election that will as you call it "fight the system inside the system", you moron. U don't believe u see how every single one of them is a YES man.

Last edited: