• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee earns too much?

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently, he overrated himself and the rest of his team in white, plus all their shit-eating dogs on the ground...

I don't really see the value that the SG people are getting for his high pay as PM nor the rest of them PAPigs...

He thinks that he is as expensive and exclusive like a Lambo Super car but in fact he is just a lao pok car which often breaks down and needs to be towed by Lao Peh's car...

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys...

You pay millions, you don't get monkeys, you get stupid idiotic PAPigs!!

LOL! :biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... He is still under paid base on market rate of major CEOs. He should even be entitled to an 8 month bonus because it is still reasonable.

I second that. He could be motivated to do even more for the people. Poor man - even a major health ailment did not prevent him for doing more for the country.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I second that. He could be motivated to do even more for the people. Poor man - even a major health ailment did not prevent him for doing more for the country.

Other than just fixing oppositions, potential competitors, he will also fix all the people hiding behind anonymity on the internet. There is too much at stack for him, his family and his party. Country is expendable.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I said earlier, the root of all these nonsense come from not enough strong alternate voices in the parliament.

When they said they used the Top 7 occupation charting to determine their pay, lots of question threw at them and still they got it done. Then from 50% to 75%, with uproar from the public still they can get it thru. GCT even said go ahead to raise it to 88% asap.

I say put more calibre oppositon and make them harder to have those stupid nonsense blocked! :oIo: As someone have said, they have lost the mandate of the people.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't compare public service with private sector.

if $3.87m is too low for a GDP of $257.4b, then how about USA with a GDP of $13.81Trillion?
Thats about 53.64 times. So President of USA should be getting a $207.58million a year? If that's the case then obama should ask for 346 times of his present salary.

Now you are comparing air jambu and rambutan with pear and strawberry. Since you are comparing USA presidents, you should know that the jackpots for USA presidents come after they step down as Presidents.

Firstly ex-Presidents got an annual pension - about US$191,300. If you think that's a lot, it's peanuts actually.

The jackpot comes from their speaking engagement - Bush reportedly is getting US$159,000 (S$230,000) for giving a 2-hour lunchtime talk. Reagan collected US$2m for giving "a pair of 20 minutes speeches" in 1989. And Clinton collected US$40m between 2001 and 2007 for his speeches. Of course not forgetting the US$12m that he pocketed for his book "My Life" - even before it was published.

Have you ever seen Goh Chok Tong pocketing money for his many speeches at community centres? Or Lee Kuan Yew collecting money at Tg Pagar Chinese New Year dinner speeches? Did Goh Chok Tong collect any money for his memoirs (any offer from publishers?)

So you see, public salaries for US presidents may be lesser than Spore Prime Ministers, but they are finally paid in other ways which are much, much more than their official presidential pay.

Of course there are other perks such as special airplane - Lee Kuan Yew as Prime Minister had to take SIA commercial flights for his official state visits - sharing the flight with ordinary SIA passengers.

I read that Philippines' President Arroyo earned only Peso120,000 a month - and that is only about S$3,771 a month - less than an SAF captain! But she is a richer president, if you know what I mean.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jackpot comes from their speaking engagement - Bush reportedly is getting US$159,000 (S$230,000) for giving a 2-hour lunchtime talk. Reagan collected US$2m for giving "a pair of 20 minutes speeches" in 1989. And Clinton collected US$40m between 2001 and 2007 for his speeches. Of course not forgetting the US$12m that he pocketed for his book "My Life" - even before it was published.

If they can earned their keep outside after their state appointment, then I'm fine. Now it was from the top to the bottom. MM, SM, PM all around 3mil, ministers 1 mil, 2nd minister 500K, MP 300K, all the way downward.

If they are calibre ones, still ok. But you see all the nonsense like honest mistakes, terrorist escape and no one accountable, losing billion and give crap excuse like long term investment. How do you think then?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they said they used the Top 7 occupation charting to determine their pay, lots of question threw at them and still they got it done. Then from 50% to 75%, with uproar from the public still they can get it thru. GCT even said go ahead to raise it to 88% asap.

You blissfully ignore that they voluntarily cut their pay during this recession and the previous one.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other than just fixing oppositions, potential competitors, he will also fix all the people hiding behind anonymity on the internet. There is too much at stack for him, his family and his party. Country is expendable.

Sounds familiar. Reminds of a chap Ah Huat who thot his name is Pau Huat instead of ? Huat! Huat Ah!!

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
This lan cheow PM not even a modern functioning car.

Is more like the Flintstones' type of car. Made of stone and damn heavy, holes on the bottom, the passengers have to push it with their feet to move.

Sinkies are pushing this country forward. MIW are just superheavy (costly), cho boh lan. We imagine we have a 'world class car' just because it is a Lambo shaped car.

People in real Lambos speeding past us like nobody business.

Apparently, he overrated himself and the rest of his team in white, plus all their shit-eating dogs on the ground...

I don't really see the value that the SG people are getting for his high pay as PM nor the rest of them PAPigs...

He thinks that he is as expensive and exclusive like a Lambo Super car but in fact he is just a lao pok car which often breaks down and needs to be towed by Lao Peh's car...

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys...

You pay millions, you don't get monkeys, you get stupid idiotic PAPigs!!

LOL! :biggrin:

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regrettably, they have lost the mandate of only the smart, educated people who were principled enuf not to join the elite.

Not the Silent Majority, the 66.6%, the senile old cardboard pickers in Tanjong Pagar who still vote LKY although he fucked them.
(Even with a good diet and good doctors LKY is already senile. How about his contemporaries? These lao-bu-shi still die die vote him, what to do?)

As they say of American voters, do not underestimate the stupidity of the voters.

I say put more calibre oppositon and make them harder to have those stupid nonsense blocked! :oIo: As someone have said, they have lost the mandate of the people.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Three things:
1) You are the one making mis-comparisons. These jackpots happen AFTER the presidents step down. Not with the taxpayers' money.

Nothing to stop LKY and gang from stepping down and going on speaking engagements. In fact, I more than happy to have them step down and go on speaking engagements. Please, Mister Myopic Running Dog, encourage your masters to step down to make more money as public speakers. I'm sure Khaw will be especially popular making speeches in old folks' homes. Charles Chong should become a motivational speaker for neighbourhood schools. Confirm damn popular. He will get free eggs, tomatoes, cabbages, etc. thrown to him.

2) Do you really believe that LKY/ GCT can hope to collect even one cent at their public speeches? The people who go are forced to go or who go to por lampar.

3) What you just said about Arroyo would be considered defamatory. Fortunately she is a democratic person, won't song song sue people who insinuate things about her.

Now you are comparing air jambu and rambutan with pear and strawberry. Since you are comparing USA presidents, you should know that the jackpots for USA presidents come after they step down as Presidents.

Firstly ex-Presidents got an annual pension - about US$191,300. If you think that's a lot, it's peanuts actually.

Have you ever seen Goh Chok Tong pocketing money for his many speeches at community centres? Or Lee Kuan Yew collecting money at Tg Pagar Chinese New Year dinner speeches? Did Goh Chok Tong collect any money for his memoirs (any offer from publishers?)

So you see, public salaries for US presidents may be lesser than Spore Prime Ministers, but they are finally paid in other ways which are much, much more than their official presidential pay.

Of course there are other perks such as special airplane - Lee Kuan Yew as Prime Minister had to take SIA commercial flights for his official state visits - sharing the flight with ordinary SIA passengers.

I read that Philippines' President Arroyo earned only Peso120,000 a month - and that is only about S$3,771 a month - less than an SAF captain! But she is a richer president, if you know what I mean.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you blissfully ignore that they still have jobs despite creating the conditions that lead to everybody else losing jobs, national reserves lost, etc.

How much are they paying you, myopic? I am more than happy to volunteer myself as a PAP Internet Brigade running dog if the pay is good. I can do a better job than you.

You blissfully ignore that they voluntarily cut their pay during this recession and the previous one.